Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Heart/Weird Issues
    #11400464 - 11/06/09 09:17 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

OK I have been in a situation for a few years thats kinda messed up. A couple years ago I freaked out on some mushrooms and ended up in a mental institution. After that I ended up in an outpatient situation talking to a psychiatrist. After awhile I convinced my psychiatrist I dont need to see him and that I dont need to be prescribed psychiatric medication. So he recommended a therapist to me and I now talk to a therapist although I am not sure my issueas are psychological in nature. The problems I have been having though are related to heart issues. Every now and then my heart skips a beat and when I dont get food for a bit my whole body feels messed up and I need to eat and if I dont get food fast enough I start getting a rapid heart beat and I feel physical weakness. The therapist thinks its anxiety however I am not sure. I know skipped hearbeats arent anxiety. I know in some cases those symptoms are life threatening however I have had these symptoms for years... maybe it is still life threatening but I have had the experiences for awhile. I havent been able to get to the hospital because its so far away and I dont go out and about due to getting irregular heartbeats when away from home. Does anyone know what is wrong with me? This is obviously related to my past psychiatric experiences. Its been ging on for awhile. Has anyone ever had anything similar to this? Sometimes I get over-whelmed by the reality of the universe and the fact that everything is real freaks me out... maybe that happens to me becase I use the computer too much? Anyone have any advice? I have a blood sugar testing device that I have used and everytime I check it it ends up normal. And I have checked it during those periods of physical weakness.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOzekat
Cosmic Observer
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11402359 - 11/07/09 04:18 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

How do you know your heart skipped a beat?  Tell me the feelings/symptoms you are getting when you believe your heart is skipping a beat.

--------------------
Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- Chinese Proverb

:teleport:

:yinyang: Beauty & Simplicity

Anonymous #1

Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: Ozekat]
    #11402716 - 11/07/09 07:35 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

When my heart is beatng normaly I don't notice it and then if it has an irregular beat it will seem like it pauses for a moment and then beat and I will feel it happen.

Sometimes in siuations I have gotten what can be called palpitations where it beats fast in a erratic pattern.

OfflineOzekat
Cosmic Observer
Male

Loc: Kentucky
    #11424672 - 11/10/09 10:10 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

How do you know it stopped/what kind of sensations are in your heart area?

--------------------
Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- Chinese Proverb

:teleport:

:yinyang: Beauty & Simplicity

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #11424689 - 11/10/09 10:17 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Sounds like palpitations. They can be caused by any number of things, I get them when I eat fast food too often. Your not going to get any solid answers or a proper diagnosis off of a forum, talk to your doctor.

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #11424734 - 11/10/09 10:32 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Sounds like palpitations. They can be caused by any number of things, I get them when I eat fast food too often. Your not going to get any solid answers or a proper diagnosis off of a forum, talk to your doctor.

OfflineGrizzly Adams
Stranger

Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: johnnynice]
    #11425573 - 11/10/09 01:29 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

since i was really young my heart would skip beats...

my heart will stop for maybe 2 seconds then flutter real fast and go back to normal. it never hurts just feels kinda like pressure and then a twitch in my chest.

years ago when i first asked my mom about it she said hers does the same thing, then i later talked to my grandpa who was 93 at the time said it happend to him his whole life...

iv never seen a docter for it, but it seems to run in my family.. i stopped getting so worried about it. if my grandpa lived 93 years with his heart skipping beats then i hope ill be fine.

Anonymous #1

Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: Grizzly Adams]
    #11427609 - 11/10/09 07:39 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks to all who replied.

To answer your question Ozekat... it feels almost as if it slides and turns and then goes boo boom back into normal. Other times it just seems to pop and then go back to boo boom back to normal. 

Ummm I am worried about my heart but the other thing I am worried about is the way my body feels weak pror to meals and then I eat something and feel better. I checked my blood sugar a couple times and it was normal so I dont know what else it could be but it is the symptoms of a blood sugar related illness.

My symptoms got better after I stopped taking multivitamins...

I don't know what to do. I am in the process of arranging a blood test.

Anonymous #1

#11434846 - 11/11/09 07:02 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

I think I might have hypoglycemia

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#11445858 - 11/13/09 03:50 AM (8 years, 10 days ago)

I think you need to go see a doctor.  If you have a loving family, ask them what they think it's all about.  I always go back to my mom when I feel like something is wrong and she always seems so informative about health stuff (probably from raising babies into adults you learn something).

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: accountant]
    #11446357 - 11/13/09 09:10 AM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Get an ECG done to see, just to check if there´s nothing seriously wrong with your heart. Given what you post here, I´d say there´s a 50:1 chance that there's nothing physically wrong with you. This mostly sounds like an anxiety disorder, which is _extremely_ common.

My gf showed symptoms very similar to what you described back when I met her. Since that time, she has improved her diet, has been working out regularly to improve her physical shape and she has worked out some of the mental issues that caused her trouble. She's right as rain these days. Btw, even though she is a psychologist, she initially doubted that this was a mental thing and she insisted that she had a weak health and in particular a weak heart. However, her heart turned out to be just fine and blood tests showed no problems whatsoever. Of course, do the physical tests just to make sure. They're often easier to rule out than the mental stuff.

Also, about your supposed hypoglycemia: it's very well possible that you are prone to blood sugar level issues. Again, many people experience that if they don't eat regularly (say, a little bit every two hours or so), they may suddenly start to feel weak. Again, my gf had the same thing. The solution in her case was simple: eat regularly. Three meals a day just doesn't work very well for many people. This makes sense if you look at the feeding habits of primitive tribes: they tend to eat little bits at a time, but spread out over the day. If you look at their behavior, you notice that these people will often eat what they find, when and where they find it. Then they move on to the next resource. The habits of modern society often don't work too well for our bodies. Returning to my girlfriend once again: she found that as she started sorting out her anxiety issues, her blood sugar problems decreased in severity as well.

In short, I believe there's nothing seriously wrong with you. Get some checks done if it makes you feel better. But be prepared to handle any mental issues that you may have. They're the most likely culprit. That doesn't make things any easier though, I understand that. Good luck :thumbup:

Anonymous #1

Re: Heart/Weird Issues [Re: koraks]
    #11447088 - 11/13/09 12:50 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

The regular eating seems like a good idea and I am gettinhg blood tests

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being