Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDonPritchard
The Invisible Man
Male

Confusion Over Jars
    #11399843 - 11/06/09 07:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Howdy! I have 3 jars that are 100% colonized. The problem is...I don't know when they reached 100% percent. Is there any way to tell if they are ready to be birthed? I want to dunk and roll, but I also don't want contam's due to an incomplete colonization of the center. Any help?

--------------------
"Was it an error of sorts? No but air is important. Stare at the source; he isn't fair with his portions. Par for the course, of course I'm sore in the morning. Inadequacies freeze when the trap snaps the vermin. Slapdash check marks riddle the page. I guess that sets our wills to be made. To anyone who has wanted to lay bricks around their frames, follow us and do the same."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Confusion Over Jars [Re: DonPritchard]
    #11399881 - 11/06/09 07:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

if they are 100% just fruit em. i have waited three days after 100%, i have also birthed right after 100%. either is fine. you'll be good:thumbup:

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #11399908 - 11/06/09 07:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There is a larger surface area around the outside of your jars than the distance from wall to wall, (radius vs diameter, {or circumference}).  Therefore, if you can only see full colonization from the outside of the jars, the "inside" is most assuredly colonized as well. :thumbup:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Edited by BrandNewbie (11/06/09 07:26 PM)

Invisibleprismism

#11399962 - 11/06/09 07:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i always wait until i see knots in the jar. but since you probably dont have a firm grasp on what knots look like then just wait a few days and then birth. it is not absolutely crucial that you birth them exactly 7 days. but you shouldnt birth them right at 100 percent either..its just pointless to do so. the cakes will just sit there and dry out even more.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineDonPritchard
The Invisible Man
Male

Re: Confusion Over Jars [Re: prismism]
    #11400330 - 11/06/09 08:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well these ones have definitely been 100% for 4 days at the least. They are currently in the dunk! I just hope that I can get the humidity high in my FC. The mushroom smell of the cakes is also very reassuring. Anyone have advice on how to get the humidity up in a perlite FC? I have some holes, but a alot less than the shotgun FC.

--------------------
"Was it an error of sorts? No but air is important. Stare at the source; he isn't fair with his portions. Par for the course, of course I'm sore in the morning. Inadequacies freeze when the trap snaps the vermin. Slapdash check marks riddle the page. I guess that sets our wills to be made. To anyone who has wanted to lay bricks around their frames, follow us and do the same."

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11400339 - 11/06/09 08:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Just follow the shotgun tek to a T. Use 4-5 inches of wet/strained perlite, holes on all sides of the FC. Keep the FC off the ground. Mist 3-4 times a day fan right after. Fan 5-6 times a day. Give it a 12/12 light cycle using a daylight floro bulb

Edited by Shea25 (11/06/09 08:46 PM)

OfflineDonPritchard
The Invisible Man
Male

Re: Confusion Over Jars [Re: Shea25]
    #11400710 - 11/06/09 10:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The only problem with this is that I am trying to do a bit of a stealth grow. I am going to put more holes in the FC and I will be using Warm White LED lights. Hopefully more holes will up the humidity. If not, I will grab an air pump and bubble wands and see how that helps.

--------------------

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #11400740 - 11/06/09 10:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You dont want to use warm lights for mushrooms use cool blues or daylights in the 6500K range

OfflineDonPritchard
The Invisible Man
Male

Re: Confusion Over Jars [Re: Shea25]
    #11400784 - 11/06/09 10:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Shit. I thought warm whites were the correct LEDS to use. Welp, that sucks. I am broke until next week and have cakes ready to fruit tomorrow. Will these LEDS work until I can get my hands on something different? Fuckin' Murphys Law. It never fails.

--------------------

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #11400802 - 11/06/09 10:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Find this at any store that sells bulbs.

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #11400818 - 11/06/09 10:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The warm LED's will do something I guess in the meantime but i would try to get some Cool blues or Daylights ASAP

OfflineDonPritchard
The Invisible Man
Male

Re: Confusion Over Jars [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11400829 - 11/06/09 10:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:

Find this at any store that sells bulbs.

Yea that would be great and I am planning on doing this for the next grow (which will take place at a friends house where secrecy isn't a factor). At my apartment though, it is. A CFL would work wonders for this grow, but its just not an option. I really can't believe I grabbed the wrong LED lights. Noobie mistake. I guess those are bound to happen, eh? Ill figure something out, I guess.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation