Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: HPS

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

Loc: Shakashuri Island
pruning shade leaves
    #11398739 - 11/06/09 04:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so this is my first venture into this forum so whats up everybody !  :hi:

ok so anyway ! i got a couple nice plants going ( sativas ) and I'm wondering if i should be doing what I'm doing ...

now that they've reached about 18 or so inches Ive begun pruning all the shade leaves not at least 6 inches below the light ( HO fluorescent at the moment ) but have been leaving the branching junctions at their bases ... is this a viable practice to get rid of unwanted foliage and focus on newer growth or am i hurting these branching junctions , like are they the main source of light reception ( the shade leaves )for each individual branch tip at their bases ? or will the plant as a whole receive and distribute light energy absorbed up top to the branching shoots lower on the main-stems ??

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: pruning shade leaves [Re: cyantific]
    #11398776 - 11/06/09 04:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

DO NOT TRIM SHADE LEAVES. I've been a card holder for years now and everybody i see do that i have to tell, don't do that. you upset the hormones in the plant and also make it more susceptible to disease. leave em till they fall off. trust me. ive done side by side control experiments and you will produce about 10% more bud if you leave em

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

Re: pruning shade leaves [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11398806 - 11/06/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

ugh shit lol ... well i have been giving a lot of hormones in their water ... it just seems to me that they no longer have purpose once they are relegated to the lower levels ! btw who the girl in ur sig ?:eek: lol

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

#11398877 - 11/06/09 04:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

trust me. when you prune leaves off the plant has to heal itself. everytime it heals itself energy gets taken away from the roots or the THC production. (whichever stage its at) i know its hard to leave em but just trust me. you'll be happy with the results. i've been growing for almost seven years now and thats one thing that will never change. leave em till they fall off. try it once and you'll see the results are worth it. and if you want i can PM you some pictures of my sativas i got going right now. you'll notice i leave all my bottom leaves. also leaving em on gives the plant a little extra water resovoir. and that chick is my girlfriend. taught her how to grow too:laugh: why you weant to meet her???:wink:

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

#11398968 - 11/06/09 04:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

lmfao yeah but I'm sure you wouldn't want me to lolol shes nice .. good find ... ok man I'm going to take your word that you know what ur doing lol .. this is my first proper green grow so I'm a bit :confused: ... its going really well thus far , especially with fluorescent , but when it comes to pruning for effect I'm shit other than topping lol oh and yeah pm me 1 or 2 so i can get an idea ... think i got some of mine kicking around too ...

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

#11399034 - 11/06/09 05:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

how old are they. you still vegging em? you need to upgrade from fluros. you have access to an HPS bulb with ballast?

--------------------

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

#11404780 - 11/07/09 03:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I'm still vegging ... i know i need hid but I'm poor so I'm vegging under flouro till i get the money then will bud under an hps ... seed grow as well so I'm likely going to initiate budding under them as well so i can see how much space Ive gained after offing the dudes lol .. the HO fluorescent are doing better than i thought they would though ... good organic mix though so that's helped along with super thrive

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

#11404825 - 11/07/09 03:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

get some worm castings and HO fluros are the shit. make sure they are right on top of the plant

--------------------

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

#11404893 - 11/07/09 03:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah ive been using bloodmeal and composted cow manure for nitrogen  ... and yeah i got them bitches almost on the bulb ! :cool::thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: HPS

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden