Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesanders
Stranger
Need some advice on LC
    #11398329 - 11/06/09 03:34 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Hey guys this is my first Lc and I was just wondering at this point are they doing alright but I really dont know what to look for i have read ,read and read some more but I cant really tell if this is myc or bac so any in put would be great These were started on the 30th oct

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
Re: Need some advice on LC [Re: sanders]
    #11398355 - 11/06/09 03:37 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

if that pic represents the actual color.. looks all bad to me.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11398364 - 11/06/09 03:38 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

hard to tell from those picture but I would say that is not mycelium. Sugar water LC's are flaky and hard to trust even for the experienced. I say this to everyone trying LC's because I have had lots of headaches trying get them right. Anyway, my LC method of choice is a grain LC. They are better in every than sugar water LC's.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6817701/an/0/page/0

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: Need some advice on LC [Re: daytripper05]
    #11398379 - 11/06/09 03:40 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

you know.. I recently went to try and inoculate a couple tablespoons of WBS in a 1/2 pint with an agar wedge.. just to do the grain LC with it.. and the wedge turned blue.. and no growth happened :crankey:

completely my fault I am sure.. grain lC's appear to be the shit :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11398445 - 11/06/09 03:47 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

If it has always looked like that, it's sediment. If it's new, it's myc of some sort.
Give it another week and then take another look, you'll know one way or the other by then.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need some advice on LC [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11398496 - 11/06/09 03:55 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

I have tried a lot of variations with the grain LC's. You can do it per the instructions but I have had great success with some improvisations. All of this was done inside a glove box obviously.

Get a sterile spoon, a sterile empty jar, a sterile jar of water, and sterile syringe, one jar of any size with any grain (I have never tried PF). You can take a scoop with the sterile spoon of colonized grain, do not break the grain up before this point, then dump the scoop of grain in the sterile jars. Insert enough water so the mycelium won't be extremely diluted but enough to suck out without problems (harder to do with quarts which I primarily use.) Put the lid back on then SHAKE! After you shake you can them suck the water back up into syringes or leave it in the jar for later use. If it's done correctly, it should leave you with sterile tissue that is very finely broken up, easy to suck up into a syringe, and a SHIT LOAD of it.

You can also do this with an empty jar of colonized grain that was used for G2G transfers. The remaining bits of mycelium on the edges of the glass is plenty to suck up for several syringes. Just squirt sterile water into a jar that HAD colonized grain inside, then shake to get the mycelium off the edges and into the water.

There are lots of ways to use the Agar's technique without actually using an entire jar for making the LC. And best of all they are clean from the start and no waiting for mycelium to grow, or even a need for GE. So a totally sealed jar is adequate.

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

#11398514 - 11/06/09 03:57 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

thats how I am going to go next.. I just didnt have any colonized bags yet.. now I have 14 going.. so I will be doing that exact thing. I did noc up 6 different LC's with wedges at the time I was doing the spawn bags.. all but one has turned out. But a grain LC is pretty superior IMO from reading user results.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11398546 - 11/06/09 04:04 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

oh yeah. I hate sugar water LC's. I was repeatedly wasting time with them and hearing some users say they never use them. RR even says they are a waste. After that I went Grain LC and never looked back. I just inoculated a few quarts with one of the methods I described on Oct 29th. They are 90% colonized now. What's great with this method is anytime you have a colonized jar of grain you can use it as you wish, and still get tons of mycelium from the sides of the jar to make dozens of more jars all from the mycelium stuck to the sides of the glass. Of course by following Agar's instructions, you can still use it the grain as spawn after you make the LC, but I like using the scraps that would normally just washed down the sink.

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

#11398695 - 11/06/09 04:23 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

true.. my last mass spawn.. wound up with enough bits of colonized spawn in each bag getting trashed.. could have been utilized.

I do like the karo lc's though.. can't complain.. yet. But grain lc does seem pretty smart, useful, and effective.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11398745 - 11/06/09 04:29 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Yeah, I am not saying karo LC's are wrong or anything. Contrary to other peoples' posts, I have much better luck with Karo than honey. But I have never gotten LC's to look like some people on here. I even use a digital scale to weigh out the liquids, used all different sources of water, followed the teks to a T, and still shitty results. I have colonized grain from standard LC's but no where near as fast as I did from grain LCs. I bet once you go with grain LC's or something similar like described, you won't have a need to go back. Mycelium grows a lot faster on grain than in an aqueous solution. It's not hard at all, just use sterile procedures (of course).

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11398764 - 11/06/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Ever use Grain LC to start a sugar LC? Works well for me.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need some advice on LC [Re: Doc_T]
    #11398801 - 11/06/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Lol... You read my mind. I almost said the exception to my rule with sugar water LC's is if you start with live tissue it tends to work a lot better. I have never started one with a grain LC exactly, but the live tissue is the same thing and yes, that works fine.

BUT I wouldn't waste my time personally. I would just inoculate more grain and make more grain LC. That route will no doubt yield a lot more syringes...not to mention you are killing two birds with one stone. You get a shit load of LC and a jar of spawn. As the sugar water LC's you still have to colonize your spawn. It seems redundant to me. :shrug:

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

#11398828 - 11/06/09 04:41 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Here are two pretty cool Karo's at 10 days old... first is Pink Oyster the other is Pink Buffalo

I like it.. lots.. but, utilizing that spawn.. makes so much more sense. I like G2G, but am not always set up for it.. however a grain LC can bridge the gap for that as well. I know your not knocking Karo or honey :wink:.. I agree that grain LC is just superior.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11398890 - 11/06/09 04:47 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Yeah, if I would have results like that from MS, I would have been more reluctant to switch. But after a month, of various ratios and methods of preparation, none of my LC's turned out remotely close to that. I ended up getting a 10cc out of it, and the left over I couldn't suck it up (which also sucks). I just fished what was leftover and threw it on agar for shits. It works ok I guess. I almost want to do a couple more just to try to get them right. I mean, I run I don't run into problems anywhere else really. I guess that's what turns me off of them so much.

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

#11398923 - 11/06/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

The Buffalo was from MS.. but I hear ya. I have a PE lc I couldn't suck up either.. but I kept working the plunger until it broke up :wink:.. knocked 8 bags with it.. better work :crankey: ..lol

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation