Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Booze and lsd
    #11397633 - 11/06/09 02:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey im gonna be coming back from a party tonight and i will be drinking, but then im gonna meet my buddy at his place and drop. Will i be okay even i have drank? is it ok to mix like that? thx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Booze and lsd [Re: THEWALRUS]
    #11397715 - 11/06/09 02:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i always drink after taking LSD. i tell myself i won't but i end up doing it anyway. correction. i don't ALWAYS drink when i drop, but more than not it happens. you'll have fun. but personally the trip from the acid is better without drinking

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Re: Booze and lsd [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11397737 - 11/06/09 02:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yea i know, but im at a party then im leaving to c my friend to drop. So i wanna know is it safe for me to drop after i have drank?

OfflineLancaster
Rightous Oxide
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cape Sheridan
Re: Booze and lsd [Re: THEWALRUS]
    #11397760 - 11/06/09 02:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you're just asking if it's safe- you don't have anything to worry about.

Not exactly something I would plan out though :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
Re: Booze and LSD [Re: THEWALRUS]
    #11398179 - 11/06/09 03:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

if anything it will sober  you up alittle and then you can drink more but once The cocktail's wear off /or vise/virsa you'll like you;vie just trip! i do it all the time/CID. shrooms/ e /whatever.........

Offlinerhizomorphic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: ant61]
    #11398201 - 11/06/09 03:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my only suggestion would be to have plenty of booze around, lsd makes one thirsty

--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #11398231 - 11/06/09 03:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

k so its safe then to be drunk or tipsy b4 dropping then right? and also after you've dropped u can still drink?

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11398236 - 11/06/09 03:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

its ok to mix it like that just make sure you dont drink too much. trips are better without alcohol

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#11398240 - 11/06/09 03:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I might booze after I come down

Maybe I should try getting completely wasted during my next trip lol

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlinebootedboy
SpaceCowboy
 User Gallery

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: ant61]
    #11398256 - 11/06/09 03:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The first and one of the only times I ever dropped acid I was hanging out at a party drinking and I got pretty drunk. A friend called me and invited me over and asked me if I wanted to drop, I told him I never had, and he told me that he had taken three tabs already and it was great. He seemed so non chalant about the whole thing that I felt no pressure and was relaxed and had an amazing trip which I drank throughout. Drinking and dropping is fine, I do it all the time...heh heh.

--------------------
Always keepin' one in the chamber

OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: bootedboy]
    #11398404 - 11/06/09 03:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

ok thx alot everyone! keep em coming if u have more info

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
    #11402123 - 11/07/09 03:06 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you honestly believe that drinking alcohol is viable and legitimate after having experienced psychedelia...I have to say you are quite immature and small-minded and probably shouldn't be doing psychedelics. Psychedelia is not meant to be taken lightly; it's not just the ingestion of substances, its a mental gateway to the unconscious and for some, the spirit. To dare even hold the opiate of the masses (alcohol) in the same line of thinking as the liberator of the individual is foolish and quite offensive to me. Respect the psychedelic, dump the booze.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11402130 - 11/07/09 03:09 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Personally I like a bit of alcohol while I'm on acid.  I would never get shitfaced drunk, but two beers or maybe a glass of red wine.  Makes the flow more flowier imo.

Edit: I find that small amounts of alcohol don't hurt the spiritual experience.  Smoking pot has a worse effect on the spiritual experience imo.

Of course if you're drinking too much or smoking too much, you're missing the whole point.

Edited by BothHands (11/07/09 03:21 AM)

Offlinepooppoop
Unlocking newdoors.
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro Land
Re: Booze and LSD [Re: BothHands]
    #11402218 - 11/07/09 03:27 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if any studies on this have been done but MAYBE
LSD causes the liver and other cleaning organs
to be worked harder or stressed.  Then Drinking
after ingesting LSD could have possible greater
health risks.

I have no data to back this theory.

--------------------
“Without disturbing anyone, I will choose My moment.”
I have seen the light.

D.A.R.E

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
Re: Booze and LSD [Re: Psychonot2329]
    #11402252 - 11/07/09 03:39 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychonot2329 said:
If you honestly believe that drinking alcohol is viable and legitimate after having experienced psychedelia...I have to say you are quite immature and small-minded and probably shouldn't be doing psychedelics. Psychedelia is not meant to be taken lightly; it's not just the ingestion of substances, its a mental gateway to the unconscious and for some, the spirit. To dare even hold the opiate of the masses (alcohol) in the same line of thinking as the liberator of the individual is foolish and quite offensive to me. Respect the psychedelic, dump the booze.

I thought religion was the opiate of the masses.

Anyway, beer is just like acid, but it's bigger and more popular.

Acid makes you think funnily and and see stuff, but you'll get used to that.

They can both make you super belligerent when taken alone and especially when mixed, some don't see this as a negative, but take care.

Mixing the two is like being underground and mainstream at the same time, just like listening to a vinyl white-label jungle remix of a Madonna song. 

(someone's got to advocate the devil when fundamentalist views are floated)

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
Re: Booze and LSD [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #11402288 - 11/07/09 03:49 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Religion used to be the opiate of the masses; but as Nietszche announced, God is Dead.

Beer is not like acid. It takes either a person of low intelligence or deep sarcasm to think that (I'm hoping its the latter).

LSD can invoke the inner light, it can enlighten the individual of their inner potential and the universe within. Alcohol is childs play.

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #11402406 - 11/07/09 04:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's the latter, my intelligence is average. 

God may be dead, but a philosopher would clearly not have the authourity to kill one with an announcement.  Religions (which, as opposed to gods, I believe in) are quite powerful. 

When people drink alcohol with acid, they may have a silly and fun time.  It may not be necessary to be all serious to get meaningful experiences out of psychedelics. 

Often, if you ask a beer-drinking, long time psychedelic user who seems to be taking the 'magic' of the substances for granted some serious questions, he will indulge you and drop some knowlege. 
Don't take these people for granted.  We're all still learning!

OfflineRainman420
Music is my Life
Male User Gallery

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #11402542 - 11/07/09 06:03 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Last time I was tripping acid with a bunch of friends, my one friend started drinking liquor after like 4 hours of tripping. Him and one other dude were the only ones drinking, but he was drinking a lot more. I simply didn't want alcohol at that time, my mind was completely past anything that alcohol could give at that point.

After a little bit, I noticed how different his mood was and how he had gone from just tripping to uber talkative and he seemed like he was in his element. Everything seemed great as usual and it was a fun night.

The problem was I was starting to see his pain with his alcohol use. I know his father is an alcoholic and at that moment I saw exactly how he abuses it. It was just strange to think about alcohol in that way and how it affects peoples' lives. I mean of course normally we are all like, YEAH take that shot down, but my mind was going so fast analyzing everything around me that I thought about his future with alcohol, as well as many other things. But that was something that struck out cause this dude is cool as hell and I just don't want him to end up like his dad, basically needing alcohol.

--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11403021 - 11/07/09 10:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychonot2329 said:

If you honestly believe that it's okay to judge other people for drinking alcohol then you probably should be doing more psychedelics to open that closed mind.  One man's poison is another man's liberation; ancient cults in Greece such as the Dionysian Mysteries routinely used alcohol as an entheogen, for example.  Aalcohol when abused can be terrifyingly destructive, that's for sure, but use in moderation can get rid of neurotic inhibitions and help lubricate social conversation and bonding.

As far as answering the OP, I've had many excellent acid trips after staying up the whole night drinking tequila.  Sleep deprivation mixed with the drunken state certainly helps rip open the floodgates to the subconscious, but needless to say if you're prone to having bad trips you should probably avoid doing this.  I also quite enjoy drinking a few beers before mushrooms just to ease the come-up anxiety.  (Morphine and other opiates also blend amazingly well with the come-up from LSD but I would not recommend trying this on account of their extreme addictive nature.)  Most of the time I prefer psychedelics by themselves, but there's nothing wrong with doing a little pharmacological alchemy to see what's brewing in the below mind.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Booze and LSD [Re: deCypher]
    #11403066 - 11/07/09 10:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think drinking before a trip is a bad idea, mainly cause it will make you tired and then after you drop you're in it for another 10-12 hours.

I usually have a few drinks after the peak, or to help me sleep when i'm done tripping... but starting a trip off drunk sounds like a bad idea... although, try it for yourself and find out.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience