Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? *DELETED*
    #11397590 - 11/06/09 02:01 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Post deleted by yogabunny

Reason for deletion: wrong forum

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: yogabunny]
    #11397693 - 11/06/09 02:14 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

would love to try it. let me know what i have to do

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11397898 - 11/06/09 02:40 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

cooool here ya go:

DIY Restorative: Halasana (Plow Pose) w/ Chair
Lately I have been so busy with so many different projects, my yoga practice has mainly been a home restorative practice. Sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered; to set up in a sweet restorative posture, cover the eyes with a lavender scented eye pillow and just breath there for 5 or 10 minutes (or more). If you have never experience restorative yoga, I highly recommend you start today!!! I would like to share with you one of my favorites, all you need is a mat, a blanket and a chair (a metal folding chair is ideal, but any armless chair should work).

Spread your mat out on the floor and place the chair facing sideways at the end of the mat (this will ensure that the chair doesn't slip) so that you have the rest of the mat extended lengthwise toward you on the floor. Fold your blanket until you have about a 2-2 1/2 inch cushion, then place the folded blanket on the seat of the chair and come into the pose as described below. Make sure you are set up so your neck, shoulders and arms are supported by your mat, you can even fold your mat into thirds or quarters and/or place another folded blanket under your upper back and shoulders to cushion the part of your cervical spine that is pressing into the floor. Now come into and out of the pose as described below.

Come to lie on the section of your mat that extends onto the floor with your head as close to the chair as possible. Arms down by your sides, palms facing down. Knees bent with the soles of your feet on the floor. Now raise both legs to a 90 degree angle, feet flexed, and keep them flexed throughout.

Spread your fingers well and press strongly into the floor with both palms, tone your belly, INHALE, and on the EXHALE, pressing into your palms and using your engaged core muscles; float your legs up and over the chair, allowing them to gently come to rest on the padding you so lovingly prepare for them.

Please take a moment before you settle in to adjust yourself. You may want to reach around and use the legs of the chair to wriggle your thighs further back, keeping in mind that you should have as much of the fronts of your thighs on the support as possible. When you're comfy, you can close your eyes (an eye pillow is great in this posture if you have one!) place your arms back down by your sides, palms facing down. Settle in and just breath evenly in and out through your nostrils.

I recommend doing this pose for a minimum for 5 minutes to get the full benefits!

To come out:

Crack open your eyes and mentally prepare yourself first. See yourself coming out of the posture with grace and ease (no crash landings!!!). Take several deep inhales & exhales. Now again, press firmly down with both palms into the floor, suck your belly in and lift both legs up and over the chair, coming back to a 90 degree angle. Lower both soles of the feet (at the same time) to rest on the floor with knees bent. Pause. Take a few breaths. Hug both knees into the chest and slowly roll to your right side, into a little fetal position. Inahale and Exhale here. Gently press yourself up to sit, and take a few breaths in a comfortable seated posture. Smile! This should feel rrrrreally good!

Chair supported Halasana (Plow Pose) stimulates the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system, or in other words the "rest and digest" fuction. When the relaxation response is engaged, it has profound healing effects for the body and mind! It slows down the heart rate, lowers blood pressure and muscle tension; circulation to vital organs increases, and more!!! Also, in this pose you are in a throat "lock" (bandha, in sanskrit) which stimulates the throat chakra, as well as massaging all the glands and muscles in your neck/throat area, as well as helping to stimulate the relaxation response. It has been said that practicing this pose for 10-20 minutes is akin to taking a Valium! (not that I know what that feels like :P)

Enjoy yogis and yoginis, and report back to let me know how it works out!!!

Namaste!

--------------------

Edited by pika (12/02/09 09:33 AM)

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: yogabunny]
    #11403965 - 11/07/09 01:10 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

did the yoga you reccomended. LOVED IT. it was very relaxing and beneficial. you need to come out with more poses. let me know when you do

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11561744 - 12/01/09 01:20 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

****NEW POSE******

DIY Restorative: Upper Back Opener (free massage anyone?!)

This delicious posture can be done without a mat on any hard surface, and you don't really need too too much space. All you're going to need is a towel, blanket, or sheet, and your beautiful self.

Now take whichever "prop" you have and you're going to fold it, and then roll it into a cylindrical shape that is approximately 3 inches thick and at least a few yards long. You want it to be AT LEAST a few inches wider than your shoulder blades on each side for the pose to be held comfortably.

Position yourself in front of the rolled up prop with your knees bent and soles of the feet on the floor.

Now, find the very bottom of your sternum (breast bone) and place a finger there. Draw a straight line from that point around your rib cage until you're touching your spine. If you move your finger from side to side you will graze the very bottom of your shoulder blades, your "wing tips". This is the part of your back that you want to be resting on the cylindrical roll up you just made.

Now lean that part of your back onto the roll up, keeping your knees bent and soles of the feet on the floor, allowing your shoulders to pour over the roll up onto the floor. Tops of the shoulder blades should meet the floor. If they don't you should adjust the thickness of your roll up.

You should feel a "sensation" in the space in between your shoulder blades, and it may be uncomfortable (BUT NOT PAINFUL) at first. You are placing a great amount of pressure on some very deep, very thick upper back muscles where we all hold A LOT of tension. If you don't feel any sensation whatsoever, you should increase the thickness of your roll. If the top of your shoulders do not touch the floor, decrease the thickness of your roll.

When your settled at the right thickness, bring your arms out to "T" shape with the palms facing up, then bend to a 90 degree angle. (This is called "Cactus Arms")

breathe, smoothly in and out through your nose.

relax, your forehead, your eyes, your jaw, your throat.

surrender, allowing your body to melt into the floor and the support, no tension, no muscular effort at all.

This pose feels soooo good and is a stimulating, invigorating deep backbend. It can be practiced in the morning in lieu of a cup of coffee, or any time you need a jolt of energy! Also great to relieve muscular tension and pain in the upper back.

You're also opening your heart center, or chakra, which is said to govern the heart and circulatory system, thymus gland and respiratory system. In terms of the subtle body the heart chakra represents the seat of your higher emotions like true and unconditional love. You may take your attention to your sternum area and mediate on the following mantra if you'd like: "Yam", pronounced Y-ah-m. NOT like that orange potato we eat during the holidays in the US. :P

If your mind wanders, that's ok, bring your attention back to the mantra or the inhale and exhale.

Hold for at least 3 minutes.

To come out of the pose: Gently, gently, GENTLY, roll to your right side. PAUSE, take a few breaths here. Then, letting your head be the last part of your body to come up, gently press yourself up to a sitting position. Find a comfortable cross legged seat (you can sit up on your prop if you'd like), close your eyes and breathe. You may feel a jolt of energy after stimulated those DEEP upper (thoracic) back muscles.

namaste

--------------------

Edited by pika (12/01/09 08:32 PM)

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

#11564742 - 12/01/09 08:09 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Do you have to have the special 'yoga' mat, or would any mat or cushion work?

I'll definitely try these, although I have never done yoga before; are these beginner poses?

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: Cynosure]
    #11564969 - 12/01/09 08:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cynosure said:
Do you have to have the special 'yoga' mat, or would any mat or cushion work?

I'll definitely try these, although I have never done yoga before; are these beginner poses?

for the first pose (halasana w/ chair) you do need a mat, so that the chair does not slip.

the second pose, the upper back opener and free massage :wink:, all you need is a towel or blanket of some sort and a hard surface.  also that second pose is better for beginners.

let me know how it goes if you try it!!

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

#12082804 - 02/23/10 01:30 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

posted a new posture.

does anyone want to try it out and let me know how it goes???

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12082785/vc/1#12082785

:bunnypeace: :bunny:

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #12084976 - 02/23/10 08:09 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

It's difficult for me to try new postures without a teacher!
i always feel like I'm doing something wrong, or straining
the wrong part of my body.

I'll see what I can do, but if I don't report back, it's because
I broke my butt.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: Todcasil]
    #12085020 - 02/23/10 08:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

i totally understand.  i myself, was never one to try poses out of the magazines, but here i am trying to get people to do exactly that! 

and hey! there should be no strain involved in restorative yoga......

definitely DO NOT stay in the pose if you feel like you're going to break your butt!

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #12085133 - 02/23/10 08:33 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, my butt is pretty solid!  The most difficulty I find is in stretching my
groin for lotus like positions... I just can't seem to build up any elasticity
in my groin/inner thigh!  I used to get so frustrated when my yoga teacher
would come over and push down on my knees like I wasn't doing it properly
(and I know I wasn't lol, but I felt like I couldn't...  It was nigh painful!

Any pointers, besides practice makes perfect?

Perhaps I should surrender to the pain?

Should I trust my body and go at my own pace?

bark!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlineaghorrorag
NonExistent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #12087157 - 02/24/10 05:23 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
posted a new posture.

does anyone want to try it out and let me know how it goes???

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12082785/vc/1#12082785

:bunnypeace: :bunny:

i kind of instictively already do this posture.  :feelsgoodman:

--------------------
My entire Life is defined by this link. I beg of you to read: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tsafir-kamel/a-compassionate-message-for-jews-and-christians/10150614597334779

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Does anyone want to be my guinea pig and try out this yoga posture? [Re: Todcasil]
    #12097633 - 02/25/10 08:49 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
Nah, my butt is pretty solid!  The most difficulty I find is in stretching my
groin for lotus like positions... I just can't seem to build up any elasticity
in my groin/inner thigh!  I used to get so frustrated when my yoga teacher
would come over and push down on my knees like I wasn't doing it properly
(and I know I wasn't lol, but I felt like I couldn't...  It was nigh painful!

Any pointers, besides practice makes perfect?

Perhaps I should surrender to the pain?

Should I trust my body and go at my own pace?

bark!

yes!  doing this posture :tongue:

it's a gentle way to stretch the inner groin muscles.  if they're really tight it might take a while for them to open. 

you can do regular Baddha Konasana too.

and HEY, there is no such thing as properly or not properly in yoga, just what your body is capable of.  i bet your teacher was just trying to help you experience a deeper stretch there.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being