Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNevyn
Elven Ninja
Male

Loc: Wanderer
Deja Vu Dreamin
    #11391434 - 11/05/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If right at the start of an occurence of anything really, you remember having dreamt this moment many months prior. Now did I already See, or have I already Been.  I have been having a constant stream of this this past week.  I'd love to lengthen the warnings of familiarity somehow.  I could say well I'm about to see this here now, enough in advance where It cannot possibly be my subconscious noticing before my conscious mind.  Not far enough in advance to where If I was about to have someone bump into me I would be able to avoid it. A heads up on inevitability.  I have also been experiencing a time delayed Deja Vu, If that name still applies.  An oscillating feeling of familiarity while an event is taking place, and then afterwards, "oh, this was from a dream or even a daydream.  Maybe the delay in realization was because I was focused on a task at the time and couldn't indulge in wandering memory.  I try to be on guard for realizing what is going on before it starts again, but it happens during a distraction. 

Im not quite sure what this would be called, already seen, already been, vague prescience, astral projection through time, Or did I already experience all of this and now just flashing back.

--------------------
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour. ~WB

~~In the Thoughts they occured in the order they happened to be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Deja Vu Dreamin [Re: Nevyn]
    #11391515 - 11/05/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have experienced this. :sadyes:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Edited by Poid (11/06/09 01:38 PM)

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Deja Vu Dreamin [Re: Nevyn]
    #11392148 - 11/05/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The psychologist would claim one of your hemisphere's experiences the perception a fraction of a second faster, causing the feeling of familiarity. A miscommunication between the corpus callosum I believe?

I know what your talking about though. On mushrooms I've remembered dreams that I felt happened months, even years prior. I've had this sense of precognition as well. It kind of reinforces my belief that a part of us operates outside of linear time.

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Deja Vu Dreamin [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11394445 - 11/05/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have dreams sometimes, in which I feel very...how should I put this; confused/shocked/amazed/frozen in time.  At first when I awake, and recall my dream, I do not understand it's meaning, the place I was, or the people and things that surrounded me during these dreams.

Usually months after these dreams, I will experience de ja vu in waking life, and the reason I know it's the EXACT moment I had dreamed, is because of the SAME; confused/shocked/amazed/frozen in time-de ja vu feeling I experienced during the dream.

I only feel like this during my dream...because the state of mind while experiencing de ja vu is very unique...I would not confuse it with any other experience, which is why after it happens in waking life, I say..."holy shit! that was insane de ja vu! I dreamt that exact moment/experience months ago!"

Now what does this all mean...that's what's MOST confusing. :confused:

OfflineNevyn
Elven Ninja
Male

Re: Deja Vu Dreamin [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11397500 - 11/06/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
The psychologist would claim one of your hemisphere's experiences the perception a fraction of a second faster, causing the feeling of familiarity. A miscommunication between the corpus callosum I believe?

I know what your talking about though. On mushrooms I've remembered dreams that I felt happened months, even years prior. I've had this sense of precognition as well. It kind of reinforces my belief that a part of us operates outside of linear time.

There is a Danish author Tor Norretranders who talks about perception lag, I don't quite buy it.  I do not believe there is a delay in consciousness as he states it
  (I take my psychology sparingly, lot of gobbledygook more often than not.  Although I am looking forward to gettin that Carl Jung book just published on Dreams and the like.) 

How can my subconscious experience what lies around the corner?  Then again it may if your will projects a field of intent far enough...

--------------------

OfflineNevyn
Elven Ninja
Male

Re: Deja Vu Dreamin [Re: stzacrack]
    #11397580 - 11/06/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

stzacrack said:

Now what does this all mean...that's what's MOST confusing. :confused:

If I were a precognitive jaguar it would mean I could just open my mouth right in the path of a bird I know will fly.
The world is not where it seems to be. 
I just would like to develop the ability to see what I experience in meditative states all or at least some of the time in motion.  To see the web of interconnected energy divorced of time and space, just no dimensional spiralled web's branching out as far into the infinite as my mind can fathom.
To physically move through all that must be like operating voltron, If I can get lost in the universe contained in me, I'd like to while wandering through that, Drift down to the market and attempt to function. Then this Deja Vu, time bendin dream would come in handy.  For when those fractions of a second stretch into forever.... Knowing where that speeding car around the corner will be, will be handy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract