Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
The Subconscious
    #1136750 - 12/12/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think everything we do or say in social situations is somehow a result of subconscious wishes or desires. Whether we know it or not, our subconscious is letting people know what we truly think, and their subconsciouses are picking up on it.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I act and the things I say when I am around different people. I realized that sometimes when I would do or say things, I wouldn't even realize I was doing or saying them. The words would come out of my mouth, or the action would be done by my body; but it was almost like a different person was in control of "me".

I think this "different person" that I felt was in my body was actually just my subconscious. The more I thought about it, I realized "Wow... When I said 'that' I was actually saying 'this' on some subconscious level." Or, "When he did 'this', he was actually sending me a subconsicous message about 'that'.

I really think it's possible that "we" are not in control of our own bodies. Somehow the subconscious of our mind is the true ruler.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: The Subconscious [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1137559 - 12/13/02 04:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i believe in some of what you say. i believe that the subconsiousness is like a back up disk, and we are the hard drive. the back up disk is already permenantly saved memory, as we can alter our hard drive. the subconsious saves the essentials as we go. like how some can access their past lives.

id look at it this way. your subconsious is a puzzle. and as we go through life, we pick up some of the pieces, these pieces would be the experiences that we live and have.

thats why i believe it is important to live life to the fullest. to get as much experience and input as possible.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The Subconscious [Re: ribbit]
    #1139717 - 12/13/02 09:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i like comparing the mechanisms of the mind to computers, both deal with processing and storing information.

somewhere in the subconsciousness is the 'software' that controls the functions of our bodies, breathing, circulation, matter to energy conversion, vision...
it's like those files in windows that pop-up with a warning not to mess with them or your computer won't work.
ive made this comparison before, but what are the 'bodies of pc game characters made up of? 1010101100100101 for however many lines it goes. computer code.
its interesting our bodies contain an estimated 125 billion miles of dna thread that is made up of a slightly more sophisticated 4-letter code being labelled by our scientists as a,g,c,t.
a code governs the existance of the bodies of all living beings, as does a code govern the scenes and landscapes of our computer generated images.
code=language. languages don't just happen.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: The Subconscious [Re: mr crisper]
    #1139729 - 12/13/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly! Everything always comes back to information... History is full of examples of information being the prime motivator for many of mankinds aspirations.

Copernicus studied the stars...
Einstein is considered a genious because of theories of his own - information that he either created or discovered, however you want to think of it.
Moveable type is regarded as one of the most important inventions in the world - an aid in spreading information.
The radio, TV, telephone, telegraph, fax, cable, sattelites, and of course the internet...

Language = Information

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Anonymous

#1139906 - 12/13/02 10:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Insightful and brilliant, Mr Crisper.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The Subconscious [Re: ]
    #1139970 - 12/13/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks mr mushrooms.
i guess those ideas grew from reading jeremy narby's - the cosmic serpent
and too many pc games!

Anonymous

#1140010 - 12/14/02 12:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Mr Crisper.  I see another book I have to add to my reading list. :smile:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: The Subconscious [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1140048 - 12/14/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know what you mean, Rebel...
Like when somebody sets you off in some sort of way... Good or bad... usually bad? And you just react and its like you cant feel yourself saying the words, its like something else is controlling you. Your just letting your emotions flow without any obstructions... I guess this can be negative and misdirected at times (like you can empty out all this anger on someone for things that really arent there fault), but I still agree with you that it is your subconscious, soul, (whatever you want to call it) emitting very honest feelings...

Its kinda scary to think about how much of a lack there is of this... Like our language just seems really empty somtimes, with no real thought and feeling behind it... It's just like mindless machinery just chugging away...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies