Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Life Upon Death]
    #11397352 - 11/06/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
and furthermore I spend a considerable amount of time researching all of this(the actual facts not videos of the facts)

and its hard to call it all to my mind and remember exactly where I found so and so etc

its easier for me to present videos which I know to be accurate

many videos I present come complete with the same facts I would have to hunt down just so you can read it apposed to watching it

you can verify the facts for yourself if you question them

I don't really care at this point

you wanna be ignorant, be ignorant

:rofl2:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Chronic7]
    #11397356 - 11/06/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Life Upon Death said:
I can give you this evidence for God:

Other support for creatio ex nihilo belief comes from the idea that something cannot arise from nothing; that would involve a contradiction (compare ex nihilo nihil fit). Therefore something must always have existed. But (this account continues) it is scientifically impossible for matter to always have existed. Moreover, matter is contingent: it is not logically impossible for it not to exist, and nothing else depends on it. Hence one deduces a Creator, non-contingent and not composed of matter: God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_nihilo

you cannot logically explain existence without the existence of something existing outside of what we know to be reality

0 + 0 always = 0

OK here's something I can work with. I'm going to address it best I can but need a little time to think about it cause I ain't that bright. :lol:

In the mean time. If said god exists how do you know it isn't a hindu god or the god of the koran? How would one know that the christian god is the only true god and that the bible is gods word?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleBand of Gypsys
Stranger

Loc: Mountains on the Moon
    #11397363 - 11/06/09 11:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
I'd like a logical solution for this problem

if not then it stands as logical evidence for the existence of God

Wikipedia has a whole section of evidence against this. You should read the whole page.

--------------------
S o m e  T e x t

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Icelander]
    #11397365 - 11/06/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Its not about avoiding it, its just impossible to proove, end of.

Well actually its not impossible, you can experience it, but thats not 'objective' evidence

Asking for objective evidence of God is like trying to bite your own teeth
Its like saying 'can i please see awareness?' you can never see it in the conventional sense, its a non phenomenal seeing, an intuitive seeing, hence all the religions indirectly saying 'look within'

Its not seeing an object, what 'God' is, is not an object

Same with Santa.

Seeing santa is seeing a tangible object, pictures of santa, meeting him at the mall etc...

Experiencing God is experieincing intangibility, awareness, emptiness
Theres no proof for emptiness/awareness as its nothing, eternal spirit

TBH its common sense, people who fail to see this fail to use their intellect to its full capacity, they fail to discriminate eternal reality from transient reality, theyre hypnotized by all the pretty objects they see & cant see through them.
They ask for objective proof of something that is not an object.

Im being harsh today, its necessary :shrug:

I attempted to verify god subjectively and still found no evidence.:shrug:

Perhaps when you had that blissfull experience when you asked the universe for 'full awareness of your life' (a thread a while back) you were probably experiencing the eternal spirit aka God

I feel that if one honestly asks the universe to reveal itself, it will happen
It may not be instantanious, but it will happen, there just has to be openness, honesty & an extreme thirst for discovery, which you obviously do have to an extent...

Im not gonna say you didn't try hard enough because it becomes effortless really
You are God, so id say forget about God, realize who you are, realzing God comes secondary to Self realization...
The word God is way too cliche really...its just a turn off

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11397399 - 11/06/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OK here's something I can work with. I'm going to address it best I can but need a little time to think about it cause I ain't that bright. :lol:

In the mean time. If said god exists how do you know it isn't a hindu god or the god of the koran? How would one know that the christian god is the only true god and that the bible is gods word?

well as I showed you earlier(if you had watched it) Muhammad's revelations were more synomonmous with a demon possession(or encounter) then a revelation from God's messenger

the Gabriel from the Old testament(and new) is a gentle being while the being Mohammad encountered tortured him and tried to force him to read even though he was not capable

he was so humilated

InvisibleChronic7
    #11397403 - 11/06/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Your adressing someone else, but in my experience of God-realization its experiencing the same thing all the religions talk about, love, bliss, light, awareness, formlessness, etc...

To say theres more than one God is to say theres more than one ultimate reality
If someone says 'the christian God is real, Allah is fake' they have not realized God!
They are a fundmentalist christian, attached to a beleif system

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11397413 - 11/06/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you were probably experiencing

Or one could say with the same clarity that it was probably something else:shrug:

I don't worry much about god as I've spent plenty of time exploring that subject and have concluded that it's something I cannot know at this time.

My point in this thread actually has been that to claim there is a god is just the same as claiming there isn't one without some compelling evidence (notice I didn't say objective). So when folk come and give me bible verses or say some of the things you say I can't take it seriously. I'm not saying  you're not right. Hell, maybe Fivepointer is right. I just have no compelling evidence and so debating it is kind of pointless. I still try occasionally however just to see if there has been any progress.:lol:

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11397414 - 11/06/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Band of Gypsys said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
I'd like a logical solution for this problem

if not then it stands as logical evidence for the existence of God

Wikipedia has a whole section of evidence against this. You should read the whole page.

I have read the whole page(which is why I provided the link, so you could check it for yourself)

I don't believe what is stated in other areas and I don't care what others have thought

I would like a logical explanation for our existence without the existence of an Eternal being not composed of matter

that page does not supply this

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11397427 - 11/06/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Your adressing someone else, but in my experience of God-realization its experiencing the same thing all the religions talk about, love, bliss, light, awareness, formlessness, etc...

If someone says 'the christian God is real, Allah is fake' they have not realized God!

Well christians say that if you don't believe in what their god says you are sent to hell to burn for eternity by an all loving god. What do you have to say to that?

--------------------

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#11397458 - 11/06/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible that religions are a symbolic representation of the reality realised by non-religious people?

InvisibleChronic7
    #11397462 - 11/06/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think there will be much progress in this area, apart from personal progress

Its certainly objectively unproovable :thumbup:
Of course we could say - well its just subjective then, its not real for everyone, its just imaginary.

There have been many many sages who indirectly all say the same thing through having the same exact subjective experience
Can subjective experience ever be exactly the same?
As i see, bliss is bliss is bliss, no matter who experiences it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11397487 - 11/06/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
Is it possible that religions are a symbolic representation of the reality realised by non-religious people?

well too a certain extent

it also works the opposite way

reality as realized by man scientifically is metaphorical of Spiritual truth's(a black hole for example)

InvisibleChronic7
    #11397490 - 11/06/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Well christians say that if you don't believe in what their god says you are sent to hell to burn for eternity by an all loving god. What do you have to say to that?

They are full of shit!

God did not say these things through Sages like Jesus, people say these things to try & control each other...

The Sages followed no religion, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, they all rebelled against the dogmatic religions of their time

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11397504 - 11/06/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so are you saying if you believe in god you experience bliss. Cause I must have done something wrong. I was a christian for many years and then tried buddhist meditation.

I did however experience bliss many times with psychedelics and especially XTC.

--------------------

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#11397513 - 11/06/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
Quote:

Ahimsa said:

reality as realized by man scientifically is metaphorical of Spiritual truth's(a black hole for example)

If that is so then perhaps mind is the metaphor for God.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11397518 - 11/06/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

They are full of shit!

God did not say these things through Sages like Jesus, people say these things to try & control each other...

The Sages followed no religion, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, they all rebelled against the dogmatic religions of their time

How do I know that? LifeuponDeath might be right. You would also be going to hell. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #11397526 - 11/06/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

god damn god
threads like these make me go :facepalm:
fivepointer's threads are more entertaining

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11397538 - 11/06/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'd also like to know why we have no fossil evidence of trilobites before they were fully formed with complexity's

trilobites provide some of the most extensive fossil evidence we have apparently and yet there is no evidence of a transitional species

why?

I would check out this book: "Not by Chance: Shattering the modern theory of evolution"

I haven't had a chance to read it yet but its been well received within the scientific community

its a very precise mathematical breakdown for why the theory breaks down apparently:

"Each new revelation in genetic research, no matter how bizarre and unforeseen, can be construed as a ringing confirmation of the theory of evolution, or so evolutionary biologists would have us believe. With this book, Dr. Lee Spetner risks the wrath of the evolution establishment by challenging the validity of the neo-Darwinian theory, or "dogma" as he calls it. Evolutionists assume that the observed ability of organisms like finches and bacteria to adapt to altered environments is clear proof of the NDT, which holds that random mutations in the DNA molecule are a prime factor in these adaptations. But this inference is negated by compelling new evidence at every level of biology according to Spetner, whose credentials include an MIT doctorate in physics, expertise in molecular biology, and published papers on biology in prestigious scientific journals. Numerous experiments are cited indicating many of these survival modifications are linked to a particular class of nonrandom mutations responding on cue to specific changes in the environment. A given external stimulus will trigger the same chain reaction of hormone-induced DNA mutations every time, yielding an identical adaptive response.

Spetner claims research findings like these which don't fit approved doctrine are simply ignored by evolutionary biologists. That charge is echoed with gusto by renowned biologist Lynn Margulis, who issues scathing denunciations of their obscurantist tactics in "Slanted Truths." She believes the "stranglehold" of the Darwinian "religious movement" can only be broken by a rational counter-force from outside the fold. Spetner's authoritative book is an ideal instrument for this deliverance. Critics of the NDT will savor the hard-science rigor of molecular arguments adduced against a theory they believe is largely based on speculative just-so stories.

In a historical overview, the author reminds us that when the so-called synthetic theory was first crafted fifty years ago, DNA had yet to be discovered. Darwin himself was blissfully ignorant of the functions and structure of the cell. We now know that mammals are composed of trillions of cells, each containing an information-packed DNA molecule and hundreds of interacting organelles. It is therefore not unreasonable to ask: What if Darwin's quaint theory were advanced today for the first time? The proposal that a clumsy hypothetical mechanism modeled on eighteenth century economic theories and pigeon breeding practices could possibly account for the origins of EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT in the incredibly complex universe of microbiology unfolding before our eyes would be laughable. The hodgepodge theory of evolution has become a religious faith so deeply ingrained in its adherents they appear oblivious to its absurdities. This book relates how stunning advances in biotechnology in just the past two decades have dramatically widened the gulf separating the realities of empirical science from the myths of neo-Darwinism.

A number of these myths are spun in "The Blind Watchmaker" by one of evolution's high priests, zoologist Richard Dawkins. Spetner searched this work for traces of solid science and found mainly false assumptions and technical inaccuracies instead. He notes that, "like many passionate believers, Dawkins did not examine his evidence critically." Indeed, his vaunted cumulative selection thesis is riddled with unfounded assumptions. He built his case for it entirely on the power of the concept, with not one word of proof. His biomorph and lexical computer simulations are demonstrated not to represent natural selection as his uncritical disciples may believe, only artificial selection, as in pigeon breeding.

The author's diversified background, which also includes lectureships in information theory and communication theory at Johns Hopkins University, enables him to speak expertly on a host of technical issues surrounding this subject. Laymen who've fallen behind the dazzling pace of microbiology will be intrigued by his lucid account of the counter-intuitive adaptive strategies in Nature's arsenal. The architecture and mechanisms of the DNA molecule are examined in depth, introducing lay readers to a host of basic concepts like introns, transitrons, point mutations, mutation rates, genetic information and heritable genetic switches. This potent brew is spiced with liberal doses of humorous asides and amusing anecdotes.

It should be noted that Spetner's work is narrowly focused on the purely secular, scientific aspects of his topic. It rarely strays into the domains of metaphysics or theology. Amazon reviewers of this book who parrot mindless shibboleths about creationism and gods of the gap as they did with Michael Behe's ground-breaking "Darwin's Black Box " will clearly establish they either didn't read the book or have been hopelessly brainwashed in orthodox biology classes.

To appreciate the extent of evolutionists' distortions in the classroom, one has only to browse through a current biology textbook after reading Spetner. To cite one case, he has found thousands of examples of convergence, or parallel evolution, buried in the literature, so one might assume they are a significant fact of biological life. He demonstrates mathematically the impossibly long odds against these uncanny near-identities of features in unrelated species, like wings in birds and bats, being evolved by any feat of natural selection. Evidently academic biologists prefer not to dispute this conclusion. A typical nationally distributed college text, "Biology " by N.A. Campbell, contains 1200 pages saturated with evolution mythology, but just one short paragraph on convergence. An equally inextricable companion phenomenon, mimicry, is completely ignored. Other slanted omissions and distortions abound.

Spetner's definitive treatise on what many consider an extremely important issue deserves a much wider audience than it presently commands. Whereas the shelf space afforded the evolutionist tomes of Dawkins and Steven J. Gould in the mega book stores Barnes & Noble and Borders is measured in linear feet, "Not by Chance" is nowhere in sight, not even in inventory. These giant outlets are rapidly driving out alternative book sellers. The inability of an author of Spetner's stature to address a substantial segment of the population that would be sympathetic to his message amounts to de facto censorship by a quasi-monopolistic distribution system. Although most of them will never have the opportunity, avid evolutionists would find this slender volume an eye-opening read. "

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11397555 - 11/06/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
Quote:

Ahimsa said:

If that is so then perhaps mind is the metaphor for God.

I disagree with that

if anything we are a metaphor of the Spiritual battle happening in other realms

thats why the temple of God was to be modeled based on the heavenly design

it has an extremely beautiful intricate metaphorical meaning within its design

God also tells us what we bind on earth through Christ is bound in heaven

in other words everything that happens here is corresponding to something happening outside of time

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Just to get the fundy's out of my nihilism thread. [Re: deranger]
    #11397562 - 11/06/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deranger said:
god damn god
threads like these make me go :facepalm:
fivepointer's threads are more entertaining

He's a hoot too.:lol: Totally convinced he knows the real truth also.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order