Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
DMT & time dilation-a call for data
    #11395921 - 11/06/09 07:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to request information from those of you (preferably known to me) who are experienced users of DMT in the following simple study.  The only equipment you will need is a simple, accurate digital timer or watch.  Here's the gist of it:

Using a digital timer when sober, count one one thousand, two one thousand, etc...or however you would normally attempt to establish the passage of ten seconds, and check it against the timer.  I find I can estimate the passage of ten seconds with pretty deadly accuracy.

At the end of a DMT excursion (when the visions have faded so its no longer interesting to keep the eyes closed) repeat the above experiment.  Wait five minutes, do it again.  Wait a final five minutes, and again record what you believe to be ten seconds.

Please report your times to me via PM.  I need four data points:  "sober", "immediate" "five minute" and "ten minute" times.  I know I could create a survey, however, I would prefer to have data from those I KNOW who are experienced in spice self-administration from my time spent on this board, AND results not influenced by others submissions. 

Once I have enough (like ten or more data points) I will publish the results in this thread without identifying any individual results.  Are people game for this???

PS...the results might surprise you.  Please be as objective as possible and simply report your raw data.

Thanks.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezoomfan
doubt 'er
Male

Loc: eastern Canada
Re: DMT & time dilation-a call for data [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11396239 - 11/06/09 09:31 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

its a good idea, anxious to see the results

--------------------
Thinking is dreaming wake up and enjoy the dream.

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: DMT & time dilation-a call for data [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11396592 - 11/06/09 11:03 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
I would like to request information from those of you (preferably known to me) who are experienced users of DMT in the following simple study.  The only equipment you will need is a simple, accurate digital timer or watch.  Here's the gist of it:

Using a digital timer when sober, count one one thousand, two one thousand, etc...or however you would normally attempt to establish the passage of ten seconds, and check it against the timer.  I find I can estimate the passage of ten seconds with pretty deadly accuracy.

At the end of a DMT excursion (when the visions have faded so its no longer interesting to keep the eyes closed) repeat the above experiment.  Wait five minutes, do it again.  Wait a final five minutes, and again record what you believe to be ten seconds.

Please report your times to me via PM.  I need four data points:  "sober", "immediate" "five minute" and "ten minute" times.  I know I could create a survey, however, I would prefer to have data from those I KNOW who are experienced in spice self-administration from my time spent on this board, AND results not influenced by others submissions. 

Once I have enough (like ten or more data points) I will publish the results in this thread without identifying any individual results.  Are people game for this???

PS...the results might surprise you.  Please be as objective as possible and simply report your raw data.

Thanks.

N.B.

That's interesting but time dialation supposedly can't occur unless you approach the speed of light.  It will occur a little even orbiting the earth at 17k mph so that an astronaut in orbit a year will be like 1 second younger than he would have been on earth.  To really see impact you have to start atleast approaching 20% of speed of light.  90% and above will yield most time dialation...

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Re: DMT & time dilation-a call for data [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11396751 - 11/06/09 11:40 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Supreme Slammage said:
Quote:

Nature Boy said:

Thanks.

N.B.

That's interesting but time dialation supposedly can't occur unless you approach the speed of light.  It will occur a little even orbiting the earth at 17k mph so that an astronaut in orbit a year will be like 1 second younger than he would have been on earth.  To really see impact you have to start atleast approaching 20% of speed of light.  90% and above will yield most time dialation...

But actual time dilation and your perception of time passing are two COMPLETELY different things.  I saw an experiment on the Science channel where a psychologist had people do this exact same thing, but instead of using DMT, they were in free fall from a few stories up.  They had to guess how long it took to fall and most were way off even though they were pretty accurate estimating time passage while not under stress.  I would really like to see the results of this one, too.  I know when I'm on mushrooms my sense of time is severely distorted.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience