Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11396053 - 11/06/09 06:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: It's funny you said that because when I first saw that movie when I was younger, those thoughts went through my head a lot. Then I just realized who the hell would want to watch my boring life 24/7.:facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Solemente]
    #11396060 - 11/06/09 06:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

now im buggn out...is there really a syndrome for this???

--------------------

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Solemente]
    #11396065 - 11/06/09 06:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Solemente said:
:lol: It's funny you said that because when I first saw that movie when I was younger, those thoughts went through my head a lot. Then I just realized who the hell would want to watch my boring life 24/7.:facepalm:

haha i hear ya...but shit..that movie made me believe enough that something like this could actually happen????

am i beyond paranoid?? perhaps. Do I think  others dont believe?? ofcourse. Am I nuts or crazy?? just maybe...whos to say? DO I think there is something more to the eye all around us at all times...MhM

Edited by nowwhoutthink (11/06/09 10:38 AM)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11396066 - 11/06/09 06:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There actually is. I've read about it somewhere it is a common delusion.
It's right up there with people thinking they are Jesus and people thinking they are being stalked by some sinister agency.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11396078 - 11/06/09 06:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so basically schizophrenic ? was the character crazy??? i mean obviously not, since he figure its all out...

haha sorry i watched on L and Mush....this movie seemed to make me all crazy hahah:smirk:

--------------------

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #11396283 - 11/06/09 07:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"Truman Syndrome is a form of psychological delusion in which the patient believes that he or she is trapped inside in a reality television show, or that people are monitoring his or her every move. The name for this syndrome is a reference to The Truman Show, a 1998 film which revolved around a character who was living his entire life on camera without being aware of it. To those of sound mind, Truman Syndrome might sound a bit ludicrous, but not dangerous, although this is not, in fact, the case: this condition can actually be very dangerous for the people who suffer from it."

It's a real diagnosed mental disorder

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/30/MN9A14BC6R.DTL

--------------------

Edited by AmericanPsycho (11/06/09 07:47 AM)

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #11396458 - 11/06/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

now thats a trip

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: trip forever]
    #11396694 - 11/06/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I used to think that when I was a kid.  I actually felt like there was a movie theatre in my head, and a there were about a dozen people watching my life at all times.  It wasn't a fun pretend game.  There were three teenagers in the back row who were always making fun of me, and the adults in the audience always just watched and felt sorry for me when I told jokes that nobody liked.  I remember telling them once, "Just leave me alone and go back home.  I know the show is going to get good in a couple of weeks, when my family goes on vacation in Florida, but please, just leave me alone."

Then one day they did.  :shrug:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineSolemente
Male

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #11396702 - 11/06/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
I used to think that when I was a kid.  I actually felt like there was a movie theatre in my head, and a there were about a dozen people watching my life at all times.  It wasn't a fun pretend game.  There were three teenagers in the back row who were always making fun of me, and the adults in the audience always just watched and felt sorry for me when I told jokes that nobody liked.  I remember telling them once, "Just leave me alone and go back home.  I know the show is going to get good in a couple of weeks, when my family goes on vacation in Florida, but please, just leave me alone."

Ok, that's completely insane if you aren't bullshitting.

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

#11396741 - 11/06/09 09:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Solemente said:
Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

Ok, that's completely insane if you aren't bullshitting.

omg lol

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #11396755 - 11/06/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's totally not spice.

I also used to get aggrevated because I couldn't quit thinking about how things would look if they left a smudge on space everywhere they'd been.

If a man rode by on a bike, I would have no choice but to imagine him creating a big streak up the road, all black on the bottom from the rubber on the tires.

--------------------

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #11396780 - 11/06/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's crazy talk

--------------------

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

#11396781 - 11/06/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i do remember thinking all of life was just a big show....

being young and thinking that cant be write haha..

i was paranoid that everyone watching was after me and trying to get to know my deep secrets hha.

i was as crazy kid.

i grew out of that thtough...now I just think the whole world is just one big mass of shit hahah

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#11396862 - 11/06/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Some other weird shit that used to bug me:

I remember trying to wrap my head around what it meant to be me.  This was more intense than any thought loop from any psychedelic.  I would just say my name over and over and it felt like a wave of awe would sweep me over as I began to panic about it.  I would think, "why am I trapped here like this?  What am I?  Why can't I make it stop?  I am Swyfty and I can't make it stop!  Why can't I just close my eyes and make it all go away?"

I would always bug my parents to no end about Heaven too.  They said it just goes on forever and that gave my little identity crisis more fuel for the fire.  I would think, "it never stops.  One day, then another day, then another forever, and ever, and ever."

I had imaginary friends too.  Wendy was a little girl who aggrevated me all the time by not listening to me and riding her tricycle on the ceiling and watching me take baths with an icy stare on her face.  Chochy was my best friend.  He looked a lot like me, except he was half-clear, like a ghost.  So was Wendy.  I cried all afternoon when my brother told me that he and his friend had taken Chochy to the Tennessee River and drowned him.  We then took Wendy to a well and drowned her too, but I was OK with that.  I couldn't quit crying about Chochy though.

I was always scared to get out of the bath.  I thought my family might have turned into lizards, and my life would instantly become a terror if one night my fears became reality, and my lizard family had taken off their skin to finally reveal themselves to me, in their true form, while they ate popcorn in their robes and pajamas, and my life was all a lie.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#11396905 - 11/06/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Man, you musta started tripping early.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #11396944 - 11/06/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's a cold day in Hell because someone makes me feel somewhat normal..

On the other hand, that's awesome, except for all of the fear...

When I get my Truman delusions the sky seems smaller. I feel like I'm in a snow globe. Sometimes I wonder if what I type here is part of it. It's odd to sit in a classroom and think, "Hmm. People are getting paid to do this. That one person never talks. Is she the director? She's always hiding behind the laptop."

I've wondered the same things about my fiancee, but for some reason it seems too true. Then I wonder if it's a setup and we've both been tricked.

I really don't mind. I'm not swallowing the idea it's a delusion because that's what I'm "supposed to think" to make me "not crazy" and "fix it". Whatever.  :fonda:

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11397035 - 11/06/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Man, you musta started tripping early.

its good for the ol'noggin ha

--------------------

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Adden]
    #11397051 - 11/06/09 10:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The world does feel like a snow globe... I hate that.. But I dnt so much feel so much as being watched.. U guys kinda sound like meth addicts trapped in the psychosis stage lol but I feel like I'm trapped in one giant nightmare that's never gonna end...

N now that I think about it, being a kid was exactly like a psychadelic trip.. Kinda weird.. Maybe that's really how the spiritual world is because when we were kids, we were just getting out of the spirit world to begin to experience the physical world. N psychadelics are just reminders of what the spiritual world is again. Idk, I'm rambling...

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: tripp23]
    #11397166 - 11/06/09 11:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I hate when people say, "Man, I wish I could see shit all the time like I was tripping."

No, no you don't.

When you feel like your arms have fallen off, or the road beneath you drops twenty stories and the only thing you can see are the lines in the road, when your chest hurts and you feel a red emblazoned "blip" mark like an EKG across your chest..

This shit sucks. It's terrible.

I'm still trying to find the point in which I became an adult and my childhood memories were put in my head. Only in this last year have they come back. They don't even seem real. I remember some sensory (tactile mostly) attributes but that's it.

I really hate to say it, but I definitely subscribe to this, whatever it is, it's not real (life, the "delusion" is just realization).

I don't think it's a TV show, I don't think it's a cosmic joke, but it's certainly not "real life". Something's wrong, and has been before I even touched drugs. Hell, I don't even do any now.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever think your whole life is a movie...i.e ..Truman Show. [Re: Adden]
    #11397257 - 11/06/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

life is not real...What is reality??? what is life???:mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order