Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecypherantidote
Stranger

Morning Glory - Cold Water Extraction & Peppermint Infusion
    #11394147 - 11/05/09 11:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hi everyone :o) after being a rather avid reader of the forums for mushroom cultivation & experience reports, I finally decided that its time for me to post an experience of mine. This first post will be a log of any physical and mental preparations I've made, hopefully my experience will be a positive one and will shed some light on this LSA thing... I will try be methodical in my report.

Basic Procedure: (if you don't want to hear exactly what I did, heres a quick rundown, the rest of this post is my methodical procedure)
-grind up seeds
-make strong peppermint tea
-soak seed matter in alcohol & tea
-let sit for 2hrs in cold environment
-filter until sediment is very scant.

materials gathered:
-300 Morning Glory (Pearly Gates) Seeds
-Carbon Water Filter
-Peppermint Tea Bags (2)
-Measuring Utensils
-Unbleached Coffee Filters (4)
-fresh ginger root (5g)
-Stainless Steel Cup
-Sealable Container
-Shallow Bowl
-Sealable Plastic Bag
-Saucier Pan
-Ginger Root (5g, fresh)
-Vodka (2oz total)
-Hammer

procedure:
1) I washed & rinsed the seeds in a shallow bowl of filtered water and hand soap to remove any additives and allowed the seeds to fully dry on a sheet of paper towel.

2) While the seeds were drying, I brought 10oz of filtered water to a soft boil, then introduced both peppermint tea bags to the boiling water. I allowed the water to boil for several minutes, rendering the liquid to approximately 8oz.

3) While the infusion was boiling, I gathered my dried seeds and placed them into a sealable plastic bag and pulverized them using a hammer (which worked well) I then placed the seed powder into a cool dark & dry area while waiting for the boiling infusion to reduce to 8oz.

4) Once the tea infusion reached my desired amount, I squeezed the tea bags to get every last bit of liquid, then discarded the tea bags and placed the tea into a stainless steel cup. I then washed the pan, filled it with ice & cold water and placed the stainless steel cup in the center, making an ice bath; then placed the bath into the freezer to hasten the chilling process (~20 minutes)

5) I then moved the cold tea from the metal cup to a sealable container, to which i added 1oz (half shot) of 80 proof vodka and the seed powder. I sealed the container, double checked the seal, then agitated the contents and placed it back into the freezer, beginning the extraction.

6) I continued agitating the material every 10 minutes or so. When it reached a consistency of slush, I then moved it to the fridge to keep it from freezing entirely. I continued to agitate the material every 10 minutes. I allowed the extraction 2 hours to proceed, meanwhile I prepared a simple filtration apparatus using a unbleached coffee filter and a funnel.

7) after 1 hour and 40 minutes, i removed the container from the fridge and placed it in a dark room temperature area to melt off any frozen particles and continued agitating the mixture every five minutes.

8) I ran the mixture through the filter, collecting the solution in a clean dry container. after the solution was filtered, i removed the filtrated seed mush from the funnel, keeping it inside the used coffee filter, and placed it into a dixie cup which i added 1oz of vodka, agitated and allowed for that to sit for 10 minutes, further washing the seed pulp. Then I filtered that amount through a new coffee filter, collecting the alcohol-wash in the cup of bulk filtered liquid. i continued filtering the bulk liquid two more times, collecting less and less solid material (using a total of 4 coffee filters). The result was an semi-opaque liquid which closely resembled apple cider with no apparent free floating particles. Approximately an hour before ingesting my concoction, I dosed myself with ~1g of ginger root and continued to do so every hour, ~1g at a time -- call it an insurance policy on my stomach.

9) I then left the solution in a cool dark place for 20 or so minutes to allow any extra sediment settle, put on "the holy mountain", took a little more ginger and drank everything but that extra bit of sediment.

NOTE: treat the seed material like the plague, from what i've read, its the solid material which causes vomiting. remember, filter, filter, filter. then filter a fourth time. filter maybe even a fifth time.  :puke:

dosed at 11:00pm, the whole extraction took roughly 4 hours -- probably would've taken less time if I didn't get caught up with preparing my set-and-setting and doing the dishes. it should've taken me about 2 and a half hours...

--------------------

...is merely unfolding.

Edited by cypherantidote (11/07/09 04:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMush_Noob09
Friend
Male

Loc: Wisconsin (US) Msg me if ...
Re: Morning Glory - Cold Water Extraction & Peppermint Infusion [Re: cypherantidote]
    #11394198 - 11/05/09 11:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

im a bit confused about the end did you keep adding vodka and filter the pulp and then combine the four filtered results?

--------------------
What?

Offlinecypherantidote
Stranger

Re: Morning Glory - Cold Water Extraction & Peppermint Infusion [Re: cypherantidote]
    #11402374 - 11/07/09 04:28 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

IMPORTANT NOTE (which i earlier forgot to mention, and have already augmented to the original post): I dosed myself with 1g of fresh ginger root an hour prior to ingesting my concoction, i then continued to take 1g more hourly to insure my stomach, although, i never felt the need to; I just didn't want to risk throwing up.

---

re: mush_noob09 - the reason i added that last bit of alcohol was to ensure i got that last bit of 'product' from the seed material, just a bit of a wash; i figured that it wouldn't hurt to try :o)

---

Conclusion
the experiment went rather well, i had no nausea, no gas -- no ill physical effects at all. i did not have a full-blown entheogenic trip, although i did get trippy visuals (crawling shadows, size distortion, color & light enhancement, tracers, unfolding spacial dimensions, and the morphing of arbitrary shapes into recognizable objects) and sound distortion (a bit of a confused sense of direction of sound, music enhancement, persisting high pitched noise/buzz). I had no emotional swings, no mental confusion/mile-per-minute thoughts, no loss of reality, no sense of "THE FEAR", no universal connection, no ego death, no chillin' with the "god-head" -- i would compare this trip to a low dose acid trip (50 microgram tab). Not to say that LSA doesn't have the ability to do so, I just didn't have these experiences on this recipe and concentration.

I would recommend this recipe to a person who...
-is curious of LSA and doesn't want nausea
-doesn't want to deal with harmful chemicals
-wants to have a more "mild" experience (assuming that they take the same number of seeds; I don't yet know what would happen with more...)
-has the needed materials and time
-is willing to potentially pay more for this entheogen -- LSA(~$10-$15), LSD (~$5-$10)
-no longer/doesn't have connections to other entheogens and wants to unlock some creativity
-doesn't trust their "entheogen guy"

---

I will try this recipe again sometime soon, maybe next week, but at either a higher concentration or after a longer extration period -- haven't decided yet.

i hope to hear back from anyone out there :o)

remember, don't hurt yourselves! stay safe, space cadets! :rocket:

--------------------

...is merely unfolding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience