Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLovinItAll
Stranger
Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds??
    #1133900 - 12/11/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

About (4) of us are going to shroom together. There seems to be mild concern about encountering a bad trip. Anyone have experience taking something like Xanax, say .5-1mg, before tripping to ease any anxiety?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: LovinItAll]
    #1133909 - 12/11/02 11:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I did once. Not a very scientific experiment, but it was a nice trip, for what that's worth.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1133984 - 12/12/02 01:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

will greatly diminish the effects and take away the magic :confused:. save the xanax for emergancies.a lite dose of .5mg. won`t kill the trip but you won`t get the most out of it IMHO. i keep a bottle of xanax handy at all times but rarely use. if an emergancy arises and somebody needs trip abortion 2-3mg. will bring you down quick. i would only use as a last resort
that said i don`t know you or the people your tripping with so i don`t know if any of you are prone to anxiety and bad trips.some people(very few) can only trip if they take a sedative or it goes bad.so a little xanax is benificial to them.
i guess it depends on what your looking for.if it`s a deep mystical experiance then hold off on the xanax.
pay attention to set and setting and be somewere that won`t cause anxiety in your group.it will be reasuring though that you have something to help if things get
to be to much.
whatever you do be safe and i wish you and your friends a wonderful trip :grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1134963 - 12/12/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

uhhmm just drink water.

Water cures all bad-trips, gauranteed. Its been tested and approved - its like magic.

If you're not enjoying yourself, get up and grab some water, take some breaths, change the music, have a cigarette if you're a smoker, say "wow this is nice!" and relax :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibleteardrop
wahhh

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: chinacat72]
    #1135973 - 12/12/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I wish I knew that before. One of my firends was having a bad trip and her roomate was like, I have a xanax should we give it to her? And we were all opposed to any more drugs for her. Crazy night, she was crawling around on the floor and freaking out, kept thinking we were calling her parents or the cops. She called one of her friends and was talking all crazy to him. Then she took a shower with her clothes on.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1136108 - 12/12/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Bad trip medicine: Thorazine
Bad trip starts, pop that down you'll be right as rain soon as it starts acting. Although it will interrupt your trip, but atleast you won't continue to have a bad one.

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#1136114 - 12/12/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My bad trip meds swing between my legs.
Any time I feel a trip start to turn sour, I just stop, realize that I'm a fucking man who doesn't need to be doped up to avoid the scary feelings, and take responsibility for my own wellbeing rather than just stuffing myself full of pills to hide from reality like a frightened little school girl.
Of course, I always have been into that type of "alternative medicine" :wink:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: neuro]
    #1136370 - 12/12/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thorazine sucks for bad trips IMO, it doesn`t bring you down it just incapacitates you.
thorazine on it`s own is a horrible experiance and from the people i have talked to that have had it given to them while triping they say it sucks profoundly.
most hospital E.R.`s have switched to benzo`s to treat bad trips because they work quicker and just bring you down not turn you into a zombie :confused:
i took thorazine once and it turned me into a drooling idiot . it was horrible . i would never touch it again no matter how bad a trip was
benzo`s rule and there much more easy to get hold of :grin: 
but to each his own  :cool:,some people might prefer thorazine but i have never heard of anybody who does

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (12/12/02 06:06 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1136732 - 12/12/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

why would you take more drugs if you're not enjoying yourself?

oh wait.... nevermind - I've done that with weed  :grin: whoops :smile:

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Disregard

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1136848 - 12/12/02 09:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It really amounts to the strength of the group in determinig how the trip will go. That's not to say you're all a bunch of weak bastatrds if it goes wrong, just that maybe you didn't prepare yourself enough. Ritual really does play a major part in tripping and you'll be surprised how much of a difference it can make. And collect together a few things that are special to each of you to remind yourself of yourself if things start losing their thread somewhat. The main thing you want is a bunch of people you can literally shit in front of a not think twice about it. This is a rare thing. But hey, as close as you can get to the ideal is better than nothing...

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1137069 - 12/12/02 11:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

there is a thread from a few months ago about pre-dosing with benzodiazapines...
some folks swear that a working dose of kavakava is the way to mellow slow...
even a small amount of niacinamide may help (and like benzo, it is possible that larger doses will "blunt" the trip, or even pretty much turn it off...)
if it works for your crew, a group ritual or OOOMMMM chanting can provide incredible focus for the psychedelic energies...
shucks, even a nice pot of grandma's tummymint tea or plain chamomile tea can make for a mellow tripping session...
\melting into a group massage, or soak in the ol' hot tub, or readings from appropriate literature, or the "right" music...
~
anyways, have a nice trip...
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1137238 - 12/13/02 02:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

strumpling, :grin:
i don`t advise the use of any traquilizers during triping. i was talking about bad trips and how to abort them.
i don`t even take xanax for bad trips i work through them
but for emergencys like say it`s midnight and i`m dosed and high as fuck then one of my kids gets up to go to the bathroom and falls down the stairs and hurts themselves and has to go to the hospital. then i would want to come down quickly even though my wife was there. for me trip abortion is a last resort for emergancy`s, but it`s a comforting option when you have responsibility`s. luckily i have never had a scenario were something has happened and i had to abort.my wife is always there to handle everthing so i can be alone and melt :grin:
being the experimental type i have tested trip abortion with benzo`s twice and it worked both times nicely.
again aborting just for a bad trip is something i wouldn`t do as bad trips are normaly trips that have great potentail for growth as you are confronting a fear or something else that needs work
as terrance mckenna said bad trips are just trips were you recieve more info than you want :cool: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1139198 - 12/13/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>>thorazine sucks for bad trips IMO, it doesn`t bring you down it just incapacitates you.

Thorazine incapacitates you while completely taking away your symptons of hallucinations. Thus turning into a drooling idiot is goodd rather than a homocidal maniac on acid or mushrooms.

Benzos would be the good alternative if you didn't want to completely stop your trip.

In my time at the emergency room I've seen both used depending on the severity of the condition in which the person is brought in.

If they're freaking out and lashing out and being nuts and stupid and hurtful to themselves and others
we load em up with thorazine.

If they're just panicking and scared we normally give them any range of diazepams or benzodiazepams to calm their asses down and just to let them enjoy the rest of their trip if possible.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: neuro]
    #1139308 - 12/13/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

interesting,
30mg. of diazapam  terminates any trip for me
i have known alot of other people that say the same
i have never taken thorazine while tripping, but i have 4 friends that did(in a E.R.)
and they said they were still triping but couldn`t move.(i varified it was thorazine they got). mabey the dose they got was to small? around here the E.R.`s policy is if the person is combative they get an injection of ativan
our med school also teaches the use of benzo`s in these situations
i guess it depends on the hospital and there policys and procedures
any way i can`t think of a worst place to end a trip than an E.R. except jail :confused:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (12/14/02 01:43 AM)

OfflineHCLivess
death by dialogue
 User Gallery

Loc: the Czech Republic
    #9704920 - 01/30/09 10:21 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I would say that if you stop a bad trip from happening, you are just pushing it forward to your next experience. What would the sense of a bad trip be then? How can you reintegrate an experience if you keep pushing it away from your mind with meds when you put it in your mind with shrooms? Whats the logic?

--------------------

Karel Capek's The Absolute at Large is the major psychedelic milestone literature. READ IT NOW!

Edited by HCLivess (03/19/09 04:33 PM)

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: HCLivess]
    #9704935 - 01/30/09 10:25 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Dude...why did you dig up a 6 yea old thread?

--------------------

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9704985 - 01/30/09 10:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe he thought dude was still on the fence about dosing?

better 6 years late than never goddammit!!!

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: vandago]
    #9705002 - 01/30/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleanarKhan
fire-dancing guerilla
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9705048 - 01/30/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

bad trips are extremely beneficial if you can work through them without additional drugs. Thorazine / benzos should be an absolute last resort, IMO, and should only be administered by a sitter if things get truly out of hand; if you are thinking clearly enough to want to abort a trip, instead try to find the source of your anxiety and work through it. That anxiety is probably subconscious in waking sobriety and you may not have another chance to overcome it.

--------------------
NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Anti-"Bad Trip" Meds?? [Re: anarKhan]
    #9705236 - 01/30/09 11:34 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Okay well anyways...

am I the only one who's NEVER had a bad trip? I've tried 7 different types of psychedelics. Nothing but complete bliss and I don't know why.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract