Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMead

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dishez]
    #11397113 - 11/06/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

cool deal, hope you get a print IDed confirming it.

Question; in the pics the habitat looks partly shaded, are these "marshy meadows" like clearings in the woods or more of a marshy field that borders the woods or something else(near river or lake etc?)
Just want to try to pin down some potential areas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

#11428511 - 11/10/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

More specimens more pictures...
Wish I had time to write more. Notice that the specimens found growing directly from sodden marsh ground are olive green. They almost appear to be a completely different mushroom from those that are found growing on reed clumps 1 foot or more above water level. It should also be noted that the marsh ground is so wet and...marshy?...that If i were to step foot on it I would sink to my chest (that's saying a lot because im a big fella. Also notice what appears to be a salt deposit ring on the macro shots. Im finding that as the deep marsh specimens dry, most are developing this ring...absolutely amazing in my book!

OfflineXD40
Not so Strange
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #11429097 - 11/10/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So some mushrooms you cant even reach cause you'll fall in? lol thats awesome!

--------------------
LSD creates instant world peace! 

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11429691 - 11/10/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dishez said:
Same here, I rarely ever eat actives. Im very into collecting them though...im forming a collection of rare spores and tissue samples, and working on a few other projects as well...i guess for me the hunt is more about the trophy than the feast...unless we're talking about edibles :smile:

You are an incredible hunter and this is a unique find.  Why?  How many people go mushroom hunting in a habitat like that?  Not many.  Not to be a wet blanket but this doesn't excite me too much, not nearly as much as your other rare finds anyway.  We have a lot in common.

Still mad props to you.  You certainly deserve them.

--------------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11430223 - 11/10/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what other rare finds?!

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Invisiblekaal-kopje
the season is upon us..

Loc: below sea level
Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11430847 - 11/11/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

congratz on this amazing find!
who is working on the identification?

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: kaal-kopje]
    #11431673 - 11/11/09 08:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Morels in March Ed. :laugh:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #11431749 - 11/11/09 08:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psychedelicSLUG said:
FUCK you beat me to it!!!
WOW CONGRATS IM SO HYPED ON THIS!!!:vaped::hotidea::congrats:

Me too, haha.

Fucking incredible find man, I too was under the impression that this species was extinct.  Proves the resilience of mushrooms in the face of habitat destruction.  Really really fucking incredible!!!

No less than a couple of years ago, magic mushrooms hadn't been found in this state for who knows how long, but as of late, NJ is really starting to become an active mycohaven...I'm fucking psyched!!

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: libertaire]
    #11434063 - 11/11/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys.
Mr. Mushrooms, I agree that the find is so rare in part because of its habitat...its not only hell getting to them, but they are ridiculously hard to spot when you're there...however; i wouldn't be surprised in the least if you understand what I mean when I say my brain has learned the pattern by which to scan for them :smile:.

Workman and Alan are working on the identification.

I think that the other rare finds Mr. Mushrooms was referring too are the NJ ovoidiocystidiata (around 2 years ago) nematoloformis (around 1 year ago) careulepes (around 4 months ago) and some other cool finds.

Im holding back on any specific/potentially revealing info regarding the habitat for now.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11436490 - 11/11/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that's how i feel about P. pelliculosa and others. though in my case, my soaking wet hands and knees learned the pattern aswell.

i wonder how many of the hikers/joggers/dog-walkers who have passed me by assumed i had lost my mind. most i hope.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#11437571 - 11/11/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dishez said:Im holding back on any specific/potentially revealing info regarding the habitat for now.

I hope you'll change your mind on that, at least in a general sense.  It would be nice to know exactly the type of habitat that this species thrives, and apparently is essential for it to even exist, since it seems to be so rare.  At least from my perspective.  I understand your reservations though, I think a species like this is best left alone for the most part, except for those who are truly seeking it.

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#11437639 - 11/11/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

holy shit man. keep up the good work, you must have been pretty siked when you found you're first. You're exciting several new jersey mushroom hunters im sure.

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11437778 - 11/11/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

burtonRebel said:
holy shit man. keep up the good work, you must have been pretty siked when you found you're first. You're exciting several new jersey mushroom hunters im sure.

YES!!! (yea you have to no max) :gameover:

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#11438116 - 11/11/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psychedelicSLUG said:
Quote:

burtonRebel said:

YES!!! (yea you have to no max) :gameover:

You could say that again.:grin:

OfflineRaspootin
Stranger

Loc: North of Seattle
    #11438414 - 11/12/09 01:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just think of how cool it must be to eat something that hasn't been knowingly harvested in almost 100 years... in New Jersey... :eek:

...of course some have to be sacrificed for the sake of science but I'm talking about the leftovers :wink:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Raspootin]
    #11441367 - 11/12/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Bump for an incredibly historic thread.  :stoned:

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

#11442283 - 11/12/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks again for the props guys; Im not planning on eating any for now, its way too important for me to make sure that I have a suitable amount of samples...plus im not sure if these are even active, as ive come to the conclusion that the bruising that I thought I saw was an illusion- none have bruised since. to be honest the consistant lack of bruising is the only thing making me doubt that these are in fact graveolens.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11443091 - 11/12/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dishez said:
Thanks guys.
Mr. Mushrooms, I agree that the find is so rare in part because of its habitat...its not only hell getting to them, but they are ridiculously hard to spot when you're there...however; i wouldn't be surprised in the least if you understand what I mean when I say my brain has learned the pattern by which to scan for them :smile:.

I think that the other rare finds Mr. Mushrooms was referring too are the NJ ovoidiocystidiata (around 2 years ago) nematoloformis (around 1 year ago) careulepes (around 4 months ago) and some other cool finds.

Im holding back on any specific/potentially revealing info regarding the habitat for now.

Yes, I am referring to those mushrooms.  There are many types of mushroom hunters.  Some are "lookers."  They go to the woods like they're out to see whatever they can see.  Sometimes they actually find unique mushrooms, mostly by accident.  Some are hunters that hunt for mushrooms.  They may be on a specific hunt for a specific mushroom and sometimes they even find them.  Others are "finders."  They look for a specific mushroom until they find it, even if it takes years.  Everyone has a different level of skill.

From the unique finds you've made and your approach to hunting I'd say you're one of the best hunters we have.

Thanks for all your contributions to mycology and the Shroomery.  :hatsoff:

--------------------

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Psilocybe Graveolens!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11443111 - 11/12/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Mushrooms said:
Quote:

Dishez said:
Thanks guys.

Yes, I am referring to those mushrooms.  There are many types of mushroom hunters.  Some are "lookers."  They go to the woods like they're out to see whatever they can see.  Sometimes they actually find unique mushrooms, mostly by accident.  Some are hunters that hunt for mushrooms.  They may be on a specific hunt for a specific mushroom and sometimes they even find them.  Others are "finders."  They look for a specific mushroom until they find it, even if it takes years.  Everyone has a different level of skill.

From the unique finds you've made and your approach to hunting I'd say you're one of the best hunters we have.

Thanks for all your contributions to mycology and the Shroomery.  :hatsoff:

:thumbup::congrats:

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

#11444299 - 11/12/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow...thanks for the extremely generous compliment!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale