Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Dutch cannabis usage below EU average
    #11390062 - 11/05/09 12:41 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Dutch News.nl

Thursday 05 Nov 2009

Just 5.4% of the Dutch use marijuana or cannabis at least once a year, compared with 7% of Europeans as a whole, according to new EU research.

Italians are the biggest users of marijuana - 14.6% of Italians aged 15 to 64 took the drug in the year before the survey was carried out, the report by the EU's drug monitoring agency showed.

The Netherlands also has one of the lowest drug-related death rates in the EU - just eight per million, compared with almost 50 per million in the UK, the survey showed.

A spokesman for the drug addiction institute Trimbos told the Volkskrant the results of the survey show the Dutch policy of turning a blind eye to small scale soft drug usage had paid off.

Cocaine is the second most popular drug in Europe, apart from in the Netherlands where ecstasy is in second place.

However, the agency says the Netherlands is still one of the biggest producers of both ecstasy and amphetamines in Europe.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/11/dutch_cannabis_usage_below_eu.php

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: Dutch cannabis usage below EU average [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11390150 - 11/05/09 12:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Every advocate of legalization and decriminalization needs to shout this from the mountaintops

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

InvisibleDutchie3k
Psychic Drifter
Male

Loc: this hazy bubble, state o...
Re: Dutch cannabis usage below EU average [Re: kydelic]
    #11390602 - 11/05/09 02:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If i'm not mistaken heroin is about on par for popularity, in the Netherlands...

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  The others - the living - are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later"

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#11391454 - 11/05/09 04:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kydelic said:
Every advocate of legalization and decriminalization needs to shout this from the mountaintops

Agreed! I was thinking this needs to be in eleven foot headlines across the US and other countries of the UN. Jeez, if these statistics are accurate or at least if the methods behind the data polling are solid - this is very encouraging news.

I also love how the Netherlands is smart enough not to make cocaine the 2nd most popular after herb, MDMA, nice choice! My kinda people :smile:

Invisiblebuddhabadger
Evil Overlord

Loc: The Forest
    #11391609 - 11/05/09 05:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kydelic said:

The reply from the right will be the same as for the UHC debate: But America's different, that won't work here.
It's bullshit, obviously, but that'd be the reply. I'd almost be willing to bet money on it.

--------------------
- I don't abuse drugs; in fact, I think I treat them quite nicely. -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service