Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Body Jerks
    #11389713 - 11/05/09 11:19 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted here but I have recently had a problem with dmt and I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem and if they have found a way to take care of it.

A couple months ago I had an ego loss experience on dmt where I did not have an out of body experience. It was really hard for me to handle. I could see my body and the room I was in but i didn't know what anythign was or what I was doing there. It made me freak a little bit but before I knew it I was coming down and laughing about how crazy that was.

But then my body started jerking. Just like it does if you're laying in bed before you go to sleep and your body jerks because you were half dreaming or something. It would jerk every 2-3 seconds. Sometimes it will be twitches in an arm, leg, or finger. This really freaked me out but I kept it cool and just waited to come down all of the way and sure enough they stopped.

So now everytime I get a decent dose of DMT in my I get these body jerks and twitches. It is really quite annoying as it is hard to go to hyperspace with your body distracting you like that. I read in a book that this could be the ego trying to distract me from my work, but I can't really find a way to get passed it. Sometiems my legs and arms will jump like a foot off the ground if I am laying down.

It also seems that lately I have been getting more of these when it time to sleep. I also notice a few throughout the day. Last night I must of had 10-20 of these before I finally fell asleep
like one every minute or so.

A friend of mine says he thinks I have energy I need to release so he suggested dancing or playing music right before. Then another suggested taking the amino acid tyrosine as it helps with dopamine levels. I will be trying both of these soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

PEace

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmitington
Unidentified Flying Object
Male

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
Re: Body Jerks [Re: kungpow]
    #11389742 - 11/05/09 11:28 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

After my first couple of Ayahuasca experiences, I developed a twitch above my right eye.  The twitch has disappeared entirely now, and I continue using ayahuasca.  Your friend might be onto something, I'm not to sure how or why it happens.  It's interesting that you compare the symptom to what happens when you sleep, DMT is used by the brain during sleep, it likely plays a role in dreaming.  I've been considering this notion lately, that DMT is a sort of dream molecule, and during my last trip I had a feeling that what DMT does is let you experience the dream world on a conscious mind (like lucid dreaming perhaps).

--------------------

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Body Jerks [Re: Smitington]
    #11390029 - 11/05/09 12:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

bump

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Offlineswitchy85
Man, somethin ain't right here.
Male

#11390737 - 11/05/09 02:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I develop this on some psychedelics as well. Mostly mushrooms but have had it with LSD and some DOx and 2c's as well (although not as common). I think it may have something to do with the way it plays with our serotonin. Coming off of Pristiq (an SSRI) I have had twitches and muscle jerks/spasms on a fairly regular basis when sober, so that's what led me to this theory. I'm also thinking that it has a lot to do with some people's physical chemistry, as most people I know do not experience this.
I have a feeling ti will start to either go away or die down, at least. Give it time and maybe try to take a muscle relaxer before doing DMT? It may help, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

--------------------
Penguins are so cool... laid back and relaxed.
Really, when was the last time you seen a mad penguin?

Free Stuff Thread

OfflineLeap
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Re: Body Jerks [Re: switchy85]
    #11390986 - 11/05/09 03:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There's a theory that body jerks, twitching, and other reactions are a result of your brain making new connections whilst under the influence of a mind altering chemical. Makes sense, if you've ever felt the strange "wah" and jolt in your mind/body when smelling or seeing something new, that could very well be your mind going "Oh shit! Gotta make a place for this!"

Just a theory.

--------------------
:thumbup: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :mushroom2:

October PES HW Grow

My thread on Sleep Paralysis - Please contribute!

The smell of sunshine, I remember sometimes.

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#11391167 - 11/05/09 04:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I would just lay off the DMT for a while...exercise,sleep fine and eat good.

It's sounds psychological to me more than anything,i never heard of DMT giving this kinds of reactions so you should be fine...

Take care.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Body Jerks [Re: 13.step]
    #11393486 - 11/05/09 09:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i agree,
some excercise
nice long walks or something

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
    #11395815 - 11/06/09 06:31 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

While the advice of others won't HURT, perhaps the following advice will HELP:

Stop eating / drinking /doing the following:
Chocolate
Coffee
Smoking
Tea
Caffeine containing soda, and all other occult sources of stimulants.

I'd bet all the money in my wallet that lately you've been eating more chocolate and/or had a higher intake of caffeine containing substances.  These can accumulate and cause the muscle fasciculations you complained of.

The good news is they will spontaneously (and without any treatment whatsoever) go away if you reduce or eliminate the dietary sources of xanthines and related compounds.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience