Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

Loc: Italia
Pins won't develop (pics)- Updated
    #11376218 - 11/03/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi all,

I have a batch of (I believe) Golden Teacher's that I started via Multispore method in WBS. I am using bulk with 90% black kow and 10% vermiculite. I have the tray in a tuperware container that has 8 quarter sized holes filled with polyfil. The container has 3 inches of wet perilite to keep the humidity levels up. On top of this, I open the containers 2 times a day and mist and fan. Plus I keep a small fan circulating air in the room. I have used this mehtod before and had wonderful results. However this time, although I am getting tons of pins, I am not getting fully developed fruits. The pins just grow tall and skinny and the veil never breaks. Also they are taking a long time to grow. Does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I didn' pasturize the black kow (I will next time, but in the past I didn't and it was not a problem).

--------------------
Not all statements made by 'bro', on shroomery.org are actual representations of the user, many statements are purely hypothetical in nature and are not intended to be representations of the user's real life activities.

Edited by Bro (11/05/09 07:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoug funny
traveler of both time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: Bro]
    #11376248 - 11/03/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It looks like the need more FAE. You could try fanning more or just take the polyfil out of the holes

Offlinewattballasts

#11376251 - 11/03/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what light?

OfflineBugs
Zenmaster
Male User Gallery

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: wattballasts]
    #11376340 - 11/03/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes we get lazy myc. Give it time. good luck

--------------------
Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair. Ieyasu Tokugawa

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: Bugs]
    #11376429 - 11/03/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea i would also say u need alot more FAE make them holes bigger or take out the polyester

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: churl]
    #11376527 - 11/03/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I guess I will go ahead and remove some of the polyfil. Do you think this may adversely affect the humidity levels (I don't have a casing layer)? And Wattballasts, I am just giving them indirect sunlight from the window. I hope that is enough. I just done know whats up with these lil guys... they are going on 2 weeks old (from first pin)... any other obserations or comments are appreciated. cheers.

--------------------
Not all statements made by 'bro', on shroomery.org are actual representations of the user, many statements are purely hypothetical in nature and are not intended to be representations of the user's real life activities.

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11376695 - 11/03/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it looks fully colonized so its pretty safe from contams, just fan and mist regularly mushies need oxygen to grow..

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

OfflineHuMe35
Stranger

#11376761 - 11/03/09 12:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I experiment around with a similar set up.  It needs FAE.  I would double the fanning and take out the polyfil or lift the lid so your sub can breathe at least 1-2 times daily. FOr me, when the pins are formed I will take out the polyfil for good until I toss the sub.  My subs are usually uncased too.

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
    #11377488 - 11/03/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Actually its not about oxygen. FAE is the lowering of CO2 rather than the introduction of O2. In other words you need to fan more frequently. :grin:

(Italiano? Sei il primo che vedo qui su shroomery. Buon lavoro)

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: LeopardMan]
    #11388884 - 11/05/09 02:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, thanks all for the responses. I have removed the polyfil and have the fan directly on the tub. I hope that this will speed things up. Today I went ahead and pulled about a 100 of the lil guys. It seems like there is a complete new flush coming up that is probably double the first flush (like 200 pins)... Hopefully these lil guys have a lil more muster!!

(Ciao LeopardMan.... Si, sono Italiano/americano... ma adesso sto in Italia con familiglia. E tu? Di dove sei? Shroomery a Italia!! hehe)

--------------------

OfflineTLW
Stranger
Male

Loc: Why?
    #11389023 - 11/05/09 03:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

By the time that you read this your shit is probably going to be dried out.

But if theres any chance you can get to this in time, TAKE AWAY THAT FAN POINTING DIRECTLY AT YOUR TUB!!

just fan more or make those polyfil holes bigger..

RH is important too, its not JUST about FAE

--------------------
...Because pirates always win!

None of the pictures that are in my gallery, are mine. They were found using google image.

This is all fake.

Offlinetrancedtinman
Stranger

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: TLW]
    #11389196 - 11/05/09 05:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

poor things couldn't breathe in there, good plan on removing some of that poly

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: trancedtinman]
    #11389899 - 11/05/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

WOw, what to do.... I mean the fan is pointed at them, but it isnt a large fan and I only removed polyfil from 2 of the holes. I guess maybe it is a little too much to have it on them constantly thought. So I will take the fan off for now and maybe put it on them a few hours a day. This new flush is coming in a lot bigger so far though. I think these guys are some type of stain "variation". Its almost like they are like Penis Envys in that their caps wont fully open. But they have long and thick stems. I have yet to see one spore. Who knows, maybe they will be more potent:) (cross fingers..lol).. Thanks for all the help guys/girls.

--------------------

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

#11393503 - 11/05/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATE***

I'm not quite what strain these are. I believe they are either Golden Teacher or Treasure Coast (Gulf Coast). But, I forgot which syringe this spawn came from. Anyways, after getting some feedback I went ahead and opened up 3 of the holes. I had the fan on for about 24 hours and then I removed the fan (just kept holes open). This flush definitely producing a "stronger flush". The fruits are certainly larger and they seem like they may even produce some actual caps with spores. The first flush only produced unopened shrooms. Although I don't really know how to differentiate when and where one flush starts and ends. It seems as though the whole tray is a system of a whole bunch of smaller systems. Some of guys grow faster than other guys.
Anyways, I do believe that opening up the holes (increasing FAE) has helped out. I'm not sure what my humidity levels are at now that I have the holes open. I have been trying to mist 4-5 times a day lately. If these mushrooms are indeed Treasure Coast they are completely different in looks then the run I did with the same method a few months ago with another Treasure Coast Syringe (from the same vendor). These mushrooms seem like they are mostly long and narrow but meaty miniature-cap fruits. Instead of the typical umbrella top fruit from the TCs I did before. Makes me wonder how much is genetic and how much environmental!?!
Well, just thought I would add to the report. I hope that anyone who has any similar outcomes or simply has some constructive input to chime in. Thanks for reading.

Latest Pics:

Bro

--------------------

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11393577 - 11/05/09 07:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Did I miss where you said what light you are using?
They look like they have poor lighting and maybe poor Fae.
CH

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: CH HELL]
    #11393606 - 11/05/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"Did I miss where you said what light you are using?
They look like they have poor lighting and maybe poor Fae.
CH "

Yeah, I am using indirect sunlight for maybe 3-4 hours a day. Could this really be the cause of the strange fruits?

--------------------

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #11393845 - 11/05/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes definitely 10-12 hours of light is needed for healthy fruits.  Florescent or CFL lights work great.
CH

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

#11394001 - 11/05/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CH HELL said:
Yes definitely 10-12 hours of light is needed for healthy fruits.  Florescent or CFL lights work great.
CH

people have grown monsters in near complete darkness

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pins won't develop (pics) [Re: Montock]
    #11394227 - 11/05/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Montock said:
Quote:

CH HELL said:
CH

people have grown monsters in near complete darkness

Show me!!!! :picdidnthappen:

OfflineBro
Intern
 User Gallery

#11396627 - 11/06/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Eh.... I'm gonna start giving them 10 hours of time by the window. I mean its not like it can hurt. I just can't be lazy:smirk:. The guys are definitely looking much better today. I will post pics before the harvest. Thanks everyone for your help in reviving those lil guys. :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag