Home | Community | Message Board


Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery


Registered: 10/28/09
Posts: 2,636
Loc: USA Flag
Last seen: 4 years, 9 months
Please read. Important discussion!
    #11388030 - 11/05/09 12:05 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hello all,

I wanted to ask you guys a very serious question: How do you feel about the homeless problem? 

I'm sure this applies to nearly every nation and culture. 


I'm just so personally torn about the whole topic, let me explain

About three years ago as I walked up to the corner store one day, I saw a homeless man and his dog.  Never once did he look at me or say anything to me.  I could tell that this dog was the man's companion and friend.  I thought to myself "Self, let's buy the biggest sandwich and something to drink to this guy and his dog."  I went into the store and found the biggest sub sandwich they had!  I also bought the biggest beer I could find along with a bottle of water.  I figured they guy could share with the dog.  I didn't have too much cash, but I felt compelled to give.

On my way out of the store, I went to hand him the food, but he told me no.  He said that if any of the cops around here saw him with anything from that place, they would arrest him and take away his dog.  He told me he didn't want to lose his "buddy."  I offered to leave the food a few block away in the woods, but he still declined for fear of getting arrested and his buddy being taken away.  I was so distraught by this that I nearly cried as I walked back home.  This man couldn't accept anything from me because he was afraid the police would harass him and take his dog away WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT?

This has made me want to shoot a documentary about the homeless problem.  You know, whether you want to admit it or not, some people just have bad luck.  It's not like they WANT to be homeless. It's not like they haven't tried.  Not ALL homeless are drunks/drug addicts.  They're humans just like the rest of us.  Shouldn't we lend a helping hand?  Wouldn't you want a helping hand if YOU were in need? 


I just would like some input on this.  I'm not trying to troll or anything.  I just would like some honest input.


Thank You


-Kanglow


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefeifen

Registered: 10/18/08
Posts: 7,040
Last seen: 6 years, 9 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: kanglow]
    #11388054 - 11/05/09 12:11 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLazy Smurf
Stranger
Male


Registered: 10/02/09
Posts: 209
Loc: all over the place
Last seen: 4 years, 10 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: kanglow]
    #11388064 - 11/05/09 12:13 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kanglow said:
Hello all,

I wanted to ask you guys a very serious question: How do you feel about the homeless problem? 

I'm sure this applies to nearly every nation and culture. 


I'm just so personally torn about the whole topic, let me explain

About three years ago as I walked up to the corner store one day, I saw a homeless man and his dog.  Never once did he look at me or say anything to me.  I could tell that this dog was the man's companion and friend.  I thought to myself "Self, let's buy the biggest sandwich and something to drink to this guy and his dog."  I went into the store and found the biggest sub sandwich they had!  I also bought the biggest beer I could find along with a bottle of water.  I figured they guy could share with the dog.  I didn't have too much cash, but I felt compelled to give.

On my way out of the store, I went to hand him the food, but he told me no.  He said that if any of the cops around here saw him with anything from that place, they would arrest him and take away his dog.  He told me he didn't want to lose his "buddy."  I offered to leave the food a few block away in the woods, but he still declined for fear of getting arrested and his buddy being taken away.  I was so distraught by this that I nearly cried as I walked back home.  This man couldn't accept anything from me because he was afraid the police would harass him and take his dog away WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT?

This has made me want to shoot a documentary about the homeless problem.  You know, whether you want to admit it or not, some people just have bad luck.  It's not like they WANT to be homeless. It's not like they haven't tried.  Not ALL homeless are drunks/drug addicts.  They're humans just like the rest of us.  Shouldn't we lend a helping hand?  Wouldn't you want a helping hand if YOU were in need? 


I just would like some input on this.  I'm not trying to troll or anything.  I just would like some honest input.


Thank You


-Kanglow




I here you on this one! I see the same guy standing outside behind an abandoned building every morning in the freezing cold and it makes me sick to my stomach! I plan on dropping him a twenty or so next time I see him.


Edited by Lazy Smurf (11/05/09 12:16 AM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLazy Smurf
Stranger
Male


Registered: 10/02/09
Posts: 209
Loc: all over the place
Last seen: 4 years, 10 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388087 - 11/05/09 12:17 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




Thats some heartless shit!


--------------------
"If that guy knew half the shit that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode" Matt Farrell


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery


Registered: 09/08/08
Posts: 20,886
Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388089 - 11/05/09 12:18 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




:ilold:


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 02/13/00
Posts: 65,324
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388094 - 11/05/09 12:19 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




That's a pretty narrow minded attitude.
People become homeless for a wide variety of reasons and not all of them are bums, fucks, lazy ass people or addicts.
Some people get fucked over by courts/divorce/etc.
Some people get laid off at the plant they've been working at for 20 years when they lay off half the employees and can't find another job and just slip further and further behind.
There's a ton of reasons people become homeless on things that are out of their control.. ESPECIALLY in this fucked up economy,
how are you going to pass a blanket judgment just like that on every single homeless person.

How many homeless people have you known? Have you ever been homeless?


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefeifen

Registered: 10/18/08
Posts: 7,040
Last seen: 6 years, 9 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: Shroomism]
    #11388111 - 11/05/09 12:24 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




That's a pretty narrow minded attitude.
People become homeless for a wide variety of reasons and not all of them are bums, fucks, lazy ass people or addicts.
Some people get fucked over by courts/divorce/etc.
Some people get laid off at the plant they've been working at for 20 years when they lay off half the employees and can't find another job and just slip further and further behind.
There's a ton of reasons people become homeless on things that are out of their control.. ESPECIALLY in this fucked up economy,
how are you going to pass judgment just like that on every single homeless person.




Oh, I'm not. Infact I could care less. I drive by like 20 of them on my way to work every morning.

Yes, I understand there are cases where they can't get a job (say being a felon) or if they were in debt and their wife leaves them and they have awful credit and can't get a loan

But in most cases bums are...bums and they do not have my sympathy.

I live in the city and if I had half a heart I would be broke from all the homeless people begging for money. Fucking sick


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 02/13/00
Posts: 65,324
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388116 - 11/05/09 12:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not asking you to give every bum you see money or a sandwich, just seems kind of silly to assume they ALL ended up that way because they are major fuckups or whatever.

I also live in the city and there are a billion bums here, many of them are willing to work, or do something funny or entertaining for some money.
Yeah there's a lot of deadbeat bums and scammers and shit but not all of them are that way...

I get hit up for change every time I walk in or out of the store. Rarely do I ever give to spangers.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/03/05
Posts: 578
Last seen: 1 year, 4 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: Shroomism]
    #11388118 - 11/05/09 12:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i myself am jaded, some of the 'homeless' around here make a shit-ton. And i know at least 3 ppl that almost always hit me up when i try to go crosstown, and they all have the lamest story. This one lady that i hate wanted money to get like 2 blocks, and she was overweight; i told her to walk it off.

Dont get me wrong i like to help those in need. But you can always weed out the scumbags by trying to offer anything -except- what they ask for.

you want money? how bout some food? or a job? No? cash only? fuck off!


--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/01/09
Posts: 767
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388119 - 11/05/09 12:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




That's a pretty narrow minded attitude.
People become homeless for a wide variety of reasons and not all of them are bums, fucks, lazy ass people or addicts.
Some people get fucked over by courts/divorce/etc.
Some people get laid off at the plant they've been working at for 20 years when they lay off half the employees and can't find another job and just slip further and further behind.
There's a ton of reasons people become homeless on things that are out of their control.. ESPECIALLY in this fucked up economy,
how are you going to pass judgment just like that on every single homeless person.




Oh, I'm not. Infact I could care less. I drive by like 20 of them on my way to work every morning.

Yes, I understand there are cases where they can't get a job (say being a felon) or if they were in debt and their wife leaves them and they have awful credit and can't get a loan

But in most cases bums are...bums and they do not have my sympathy.

I live in the city and if I had half a heart I would be broke from all the homeless people begging for money. Fucking sick




They're human too you know.


--------------------
:hamletmonkey:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/03/05
Posts: 578
Last seen: 1 year, 4 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: feifen]
    #11388125 - 11/05/09 12:27 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
I live in the city and if I had half a heart I would be broke from all the homeless people begging for money.




QFT, in fact, homeless are better off than me! they are at 0.00 or above, im deep in debt to student loans lol.


--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 02/13/00
Posts: 65,324
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: SgtBob]
    #11388134 - 11/05/09 12:29 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

You think some of them don't have enormous piles of debt and that's part of the reason they are homeless? :P


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Registered: 12/11/03
Posts: 29,008
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: kanglow]
    #11388135 - 11/05/09 12:29 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The only homeless who get my sympathy are the mentally ill.  The rest are fuck ups, even in our 'poor' economy there is no reason to be homeless (besides choice and mental illness).  What can we do to help the mentally ill?  I dont know, we cant force them to receive treatment against their will so I think the current situation of giving them free food is pretty good.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/01/09
Posts: 767
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: SgtBob]
    #11388136 - 11/05/09 12:30 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Generalizations are logical fallacies, and perhaps they aren't all human.


--------------------
:hamletmonkey:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery


Registered: 09/08/08
Posts: 20,886
Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: SgtBob]
    #11388139 - 11/05/09 12:30 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SgtBob said:
Quote:

feifen said:
I live in the city and if I had half a heart I would be broke from all the homeless people begging for money.




QFT, in fact, homeless are better off than me! they are at 0.00 or above, im deep in debt to student loans lol.




you get a future out of it though
unless you fuck up
then you end up homeless


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Registered: 12/11/03
Posts: 29,008
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: Shroomism]
    #11388143 - 11/05/09 12:31 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
You think some of them don't have enormous piles of debt and that's part of the reason they are homeless? :P




That doesn't really make sense though.  No matter how much debt you have you can still work and rent a small apartment.  Then there is bankruptcy...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefeifen

Registered: 10/18/08
Posts: 7,040
Last seen: 6 years, 9 months
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: Mnboardin]
    #11388148 - 11/05/09 12:32 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I'm not asking you to give every bum you see money or a sandwich, just seems kind of silly to assume they ALL ended up that way because they are major fuckups or whatever.




I don't assume they all end up that way.. I never said they ALL did, just a SHITLOAD of them. I've been on the streets when I was 18 and had no place to go so I understand living on the streets a little bit :shrug:

Quote:

Mnboardin said:
Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

feifen said:
I have no remorse for homeless retards, especially ones with dogs.

They can't even take care of themselves.... the fuck are they doing with a dog?

Anyways, homeless people are homeless for a reason.

They are bums, fucks, lazy ass people that or an addict

Unless you are homeless by choice... but then it goes back to being a retard.




That's a pretty narrow minded attitude.
People become homeless for a wide variety of reasons and not all of them are bums, fucks, lazy ass people or addicts.
Some people get fucked over by courts/divorce/etc.
Some people get laid off at the plant they've been working at for 20 years when they lay off half the employees and can't find another job and just slip further and further behind.
There's a ton of reasons people become homeless on things that are out of their control.. ESPECIALLY in this fucked up economy,
how are you going to pass judgment just like that on every single homeless person.




Oh, I'm not. Infact I could care less. I drive by like 20 of them on my way to work every morning.

Yes, I understand there are cases where they can't get a job (say being a felon) or if they were in debt and their wife leaves them and they have awful credit and can't get a loan

But in most cases bums are...bums and they do not have my sympathy.

I live in the city and if I had half a heart I would be broke from all the homeless people begging for money. Fucking sick




They're human too you know.




Haha.. what? Do you think I care about all humans?

I have compassion for those who deserve it :smirk:

The rest of the fucked up human race and go fuck themselves in the head for all I care.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 02/13/00
Posts: 65,324
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: DieCommie]
    #11388153 - 11/05/09 12:33 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

True. I'm still not convinced that all homeless are fuckups that are incapable of being a "normal" human being whatever the fuck that means.
Some people get the shaft in life, and can't find the willpower to climb back up? I don't know. But I've seen some messed up shit.
I was homeless for a couple years, it sucked. And it wasn't because I wasn't willing to work, or was mentally insane.
I was able to get myself out of that situation though, and change life for the better. That's just because I'm relentless and stubborn as hell.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Registered: 12/11/03
Posts: 29,008
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: Shroomism]
    #11388168 - 11/05/09 12:34 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, some people do get the shaft and dont have the ability to climb back up.  They should be helped by society - if they want it.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRationalEgo
Principium Individuationis


Registered: 06/15/09
Posts: 2,071
Loc: Boston
Re: Please read. Important discussion! [Re: DieCommie]
    #11388177 - 11/05/09 12:36 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
The only homeless who get my sympathy are the mentally ill.  The rest are fuck ups, even in our 'poor' economy there is no reason to be homeless (besides choice and mental illness).  What can we do to help the mentally ill?  I dont know, we cant force them to receive treatment against their will so I think the current situation of giving them free food is pretty good.




^^^^^This

Albeit not at the tax payers expense.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Police slash tents of homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Liquid_Dimension 7,302 91 10/19/07 06:51 PM
by GbBaker
* Top-Notch Homeless Shelter OneMoreRobot3021 700 0 04/19/05 02:16 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Do homeless people shit and piss in their pants?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
AmericanPsycho 22,916 65 12/14/08 10:54 AM
by AmericanPsycho
* Police and SWAT team destroy homeless folks tents with box cutters! St. Pete, FLA dr0mni 3,578 14 08/07/14 10:59 AM
by fluffy clouds
* Indigos help homeless in France
ShroomismM
1,402 15 03/13/07 03:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Homeless people and the internet FreedomForAll 396 4 05/31/09 08:35 PM
by KetamineKatalyst
* being homeless
( 1 2 all )
heroinhero115 1,705 24 02/02/09 07:38 PM
by mrblonde
* homeless deadhead gave me a CD today Gr8fulJ420 505 7 09/18/08 07:38 PM
by Gr8fulJ420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
896 topic views. 16 members, 138 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.058 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 21 queries.