Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtomHeartMother99
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Stupid Newbie Question about Rye
    #11387605 - 11/04/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have been doing quite a bit of reading on Rye. I want to get into it asap. I have been doing a bit of digging for info on the colonization time of quart jars noc'd by a multi-spore syringe.

I have learned from the ole BRF/Verm Tek the germination and colonization time of jars can very greatly due to many "variables."

When I search times for rye some people will say 9-12 days and some people seem to suggest allot longer.

For the sake of this conversation lets say your rye jars come out great, with optimal moisture content. How long should it take to colonize minus the 3-6 days for germination. Once again this is from a spore syringe. Heck you can even add results from less an optimal jars/conditions, just be clear about the circumstances.

Please post YOUR results...not what you have read ect...

I am sorry if this post is redundant, I just had a hard time tracking down the info. Some posts would give a time frame but did not give any details as to the variables. LC, MS Syringe, Incubation Temps ect.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks again,

AHM 99. - Please forgive my crappy grammar. I am not even trying anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: AtomHeartMother99]
    #11387649 - 11/04/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

my jars took a few days to show growth and then about 3 weeks to completely colonize 100%

now thats for a syringe..

if you use a liquid culture or agar wedge or Grain to grain, you get MUCH faster growth..

my G2G took 7 days

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #11387652 - 11/04/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dude a lot of the time the "variables" your talking about aren't just temp, moisture and shit like that, but its genetics. you can do two jars in a control with the same enviromental conditions and they could come out different. alot of the time its the genetics from certain mushrooms. i've had great luck with rye and used a different syringe and had to wait an extra week. no matter how much info you get it wont help speed up the process. just be patient and accept whatever mother nature throws at you. patience is a virtue:smile:

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11387653 - 11/04/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

2-3 weeks IME but I can get some that are 4 weeks too. Once you have culture growing though you can multiply it very quickly with grains. When starting with LC I can get jars that are colonized within 10-14 days. These are just average times btw.

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

#11387666 - 11/04/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

6qt spawn bags of rye take about 30-40 days to colonize for me. i also only use 2cc's of spore solution.

--------------------

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: Citizen13]
    #11387682 - 11/04/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1-6 weeks, give or take 2-5 weeks.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: daytripper05]
    #11387687 - 11/04/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Those two jars on the top right there, colonized in 5 days from MS.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: cowfodder]
    #11387691 - 11/04/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cowfodder said:

:foshizzle:

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11387712 - 11/04/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
Quote:

cowfodder said:

i have yet to have my spawn colonize a week before i actually even inoculated it! i'm jealous!

--------------------

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11387713 - 11/04/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just double checked my math, and realized that's -1 to 11 weeks. Muscle relaxants
rock!

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11387731 - 11/04/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
Quote:

cowfodder said:

Yeah, sometimes your jars will colonize themselves up to 4 weeks before you start?

And kidding aside, if your jars are taking 6 weeks to colonize, something is wrong.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11387742 - 11/04/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:
Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
Quote:

cowfodder said:

Yeah, sometimes your jars will colonize themselves up to 4 weeks before you start?

And kidding aside, if your jars are taking 6 weeks to colonize, something is wrong.

well i think 6 weeks is perfectly normal depending on what you are doing. 6 weeks for a half pint? yes thats abnormal. 6 weeks for a half gallon of spawn? seems legit :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11387748 - 11/04/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:
Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
Quote:

cowfodder said:

That's what I get for doing myco work in my time machine.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11387750 - 11/04/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The way I saw it was 1-6 weeks, give or take 2-5 weeks. If I took 5 weeks away from 1 week, I would have -4.

You should have worded it 2-5 weeks, give or take a week. At least I think this is what you were trying to say. :shrug:

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11387791 - 11/04/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think anything should take 6 weeks to colonize. If you are using a half gallon of spawn, shoot it up with an appropriate amount of LC.

I expect bags to colonize on the same time frame as jars. 2 weeks tops. I am talking grain here though.

Cakes... don't really mess with cakes, but still 2 weeks and they should be close to being done, if not done.

Cut down on times by letting your spores germinate in the syringe.

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11387803 - 11/04/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:
I don't think anything should take 6 weeks to colonize. If you are using a half gallon of spawn, shoot it up with an appropriate amount of LC.

I expect bags to colonize on the same time frame as jars. 2 weeks tops. I am talking grain here though.

Agreed. Because the mycelium grows in three dimensions, a large jar colonizes almost as fast as a small one.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

#11387814 - 11/04/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:

Cakes... don't really mess with cakes, but still 2 weeks and they should be close to being done, if not done.

Cut down on times by letting your spores germinate in the syringe.

ok i agree that shooting it up with a bunch of LC will colonize a large bag faster. no doubt about that. but i use 2cc of multispore for a 6 quart bag. it still colonizes fully and healthily, it just takes a couple weeks longer.

except for the longer colonization, and the less work on my end, my way is just as good as yours.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: Citizen13]
    #11387827 - 11/04/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Still shouldn't take much longer than a smaller amount.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

Re: Stupid Newbie Question about Rye [Re: Doc_T]
    #11387845 - 11/04/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Still shouldn't take much longer than a smaller amount.

how would using a 2cc's of multispore solution to a 6 quart bag of rye not equal longer colonization times?

most people here use 1-2cc's for a 1/2 pint jar to get the results you are talking about.

just because it grows in "three dimensions" doesnt mean that their isnt wayyyy more spawn for it to grow through.

if theres some science behind what you are saying that i'm missing, by all means let me know.

--------------------

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11387943 - 11/04/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The way I saw it was 1-6 weeks, give or take 2-5 weeks. If I took 5 weeks away from 1 week, I would have -4.

You should have worded it 2-5 weeks, give or take a week. At least I think this is what you were trying to say. :shrug:

You saw correctly.  My point was that there is no set amount of time.  It's done when it's done.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale