Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhitewater
Male

Loc: Midwest
Should I try a lower dose?
    #11368842 - 11/02/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.. I searched and saw that people ask about this all the time, but would like a discussion anyway. If I'm echoing real bad I'm sorry :smirk:

I recently bought an 1/8 of mushrooms and I'm really excited about it, they look awesome and I haven't had any since February. I ate 4.5 g's that time and it was a good experience, but I don't think the mushrooms were that good honestly and the setting wasn't too great. It was an intense body high, lots of nausea (I puked :confused:) and I never really noticed ANYTHING visual going on. I also smoked waaaaaayyy too much weed that day, specially before eating the shrooms. I'm on probation now and get randomly drug tested once a month, and quit smoking weed for the time being, but I'm certain they don't test for shrooms... it doesn't even go to a lab unless I fail, and I can read on their website what the test for, and it's not mushrooms.

I just am not so sure I want to eat the whole 1/8th right now. I've never tripped without weed on hand, and I'm going to be either alone in my apartment or with my sober girlfriend, and I just don't know if I feel like tripping hard. I don't want to feel ~almost~ there either though, because that's really disappointing. If I meditate, not eat, and chill out can I trip off 1.75 or 2 grams? they look pretty damn good.

I was thinking maybe eating around 2 grams, and if the buzz feels two weak redose, seems safe...

Also anyone have any opinions about shroom tea? sounds interesting and worth a try. Plus I had such bad nausea last time it would be great if I could skip that. But also I would prefer a longer trip vs a more intense come-up, so theres trade-offs I guess. What do you think?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhitewater
Male

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: Whitewater]
    #11382205 - 11/04/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well, I've decided I should just eat them all on Friday morning. I'm excited it's gonna be great. I'm still considering making a tea though..

--------------------

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
    #11382367 - 11/04/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ya i did tea last time. worked pretty good but i had some gross tea bags and i used way too much water - about three cups. that was a lot to put down. make sure you have good tea and honey on hand and it should be pretty good. i could barely taste the mushrooms, and even then it was most likely psychological (i hate eating those suckers).

just get some chill music ready beforehand and meditate. should be really nice.

good luck and have fun! :mushroom2:

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

#11382459 - 11/04/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Drink 1.75 grams (half an eighth) in a tea, no nausea, quick come up and a descent hitting trip for the quantity used except shorter.

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: Smawrpg]
    #11382517 - 11/04/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fuckin' eat 'em all!

:w0ahhhhmahnnn:

--------------------

InvisiblePangolin
Gardener
Female

Loc: Around
Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #11382560 - 11/04/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I really like the tea method. My first 2 times I blended them in with orange juice and felt nauseous on and off the whole time. After that I switched to tea and have never once felt nauseous. I use about 1.5 cups of water and 3 tea bags. Green tea, chamomile, and chai. I put the tea bags in the hot water and let it steep. Once that's done I put the shroom pieces and some small ginger pieces in my coffeemaker filter basket (it's a little one) and I lower it into the tea and let it steep for 15 minutes or so. Finally I add some honey and drink it. Generally someone else will eat the leftover pieces and get a smallish experience.

They say that all those elements help to increase the intensity/calm your belly. I don't know if it's true or not, but it does well for me. I've noticed also that the tea seems to be a bit more intense experience than the orange juice method.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: Pangolin]
    #11383210 - 11/04/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah eat them all!
a whole eighth should make you trip relativly hard so be ready to completely lose your mind.

If you do puss out (lol don't worry its ok to puss out) don't eat any less then 2.5 grams. I find 2.5 grams to be the least amount I can take and still actually "trip". In fact 2.5 grams honestly can be just the right ammount if you know what you are doing.

Terence Mckenna says "take 5 grams dry and go into complete darkness"

Well it works pretty well with 2.5 grams to lol:rofl:

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: clemens]
    #11383643 - 11/04/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The tea sounds really good, I think I'm gonna try it. And I am totally prepared to lose my mind :tongue:, I've eaten a whole eighth before and it was awesome, I just haven't ate any shrooms in a long time. Honestly I would have no reservations at all about eating the full dose, except I'm pretty sure my sober girlfriend will be hanging around and I don't think shes ever been around anyone who's tripping :smirk:. Maybe it would freak her out or something, I dunno.

--------------------

OfflineRailrider
Chronic contaminator

Loc: a van down by the river.
    #11383746 - 11/04/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I grind mine up in a coffee grinder mix with lemon juice until its a pourable liquid,put in a double shot glass drink it like a shot chase with fruit juice or w/e.

--------------------

Any post I post here is pure speculation from other read posts
Best tip for cultivation!

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: Railrider]
    #11383986 - 11/04/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Eat em all. Go big or give em away.

--------------------

Offlinekabukisensei
Stranger

#11384914 - 11/04/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

cool topic

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: kabukisensei]
    #11385107 - 11/04/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Whitewater said:
The tea sounds really good, I think I'm gonna try it. And I am totally prepared to lose my mind :tongue:, I've eaten a whole eighth before and it was awesome, I just haven't ate any shrooms in a long time. Honestly I would have no reservations at all about eating the full dose, except I'm pretty sure my sober girlfriend will be hanging around and I don't think shes ever been around anyone who's tripping :smirk:. Maybe it would freak her out or something, I dunno.

Seriously I wouldn't trip around ur girlfriend.

I just tripped on Halloween and I was tripping really hard off an eighth. At one point I was in a room with some close friends and some girls (everyone in costumes). And this girl was really freaking out at the sight of me, she literally said "that is my worse nightmare" pointing at me. And I just told her if she has a good night I have a good night. lol

But when you take shrooms you will stand truly naked! U are not naked when u take ur clothes off. But when you take a psychedelic you strip away your prejudices, illusions, your delusions and you stand before your own Psyche for inspection.

So unless u have a really really good relationship with this girl, you feel like you can tell her anything and do anything around her and be fine. I would seriously not do it around her.

You might find yourself trying keep it together if you are around her and trying to keep it together during a trip is a no no. Don't fight it, just ride it!

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

#11385663 - 11/04/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

^ha ha, one time i was trippin pretty good off a couple sweet tarts and hangin out at this chicks house i always wanted to get with but never really made a move. well anyway no one knows the state im in except a buddy who dosed with me, were kind of in our own world while this chick is drinking an dancing with some marine dudes, i dont know i really wasnt paying much atention, but right at the peak she sits on the couch and starts to make out with me all kissin on my neck and shit and all i can think of is why the hell did she choose this night to decide to fuck? all i could do is sit there, im sure i looked like a complete insane person. eventualy she thought i wasnt intrested and passed out. i never told her i was tripping that night and never did have sex with her. so yea, unless you got a good relationship with a girl it might not be a good idea to trip with her if shes not tripping too.  that acid sure cock-blocked me that night!

Edited by pimpsmatt (11/04/09 04:54 PM)

OfflineHarlz
Stranger

#11385683 - 11/04/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Low doses are good if you have an anxiety issue like me I just did 1 gram in tea on hallooween and then redosed twice to equal about 2 grams Id say(redosed within an hour ), I tripped pretty hard and overcame all my anxiety and barely felt it at all, I had a really great time it began solo and then I smoked weed with some friends, I  now feel more confident for my next trip I think Ill stay small again maybe 2.5, because I lost my mind on 4g and I havent really been the same since, it caused my anxiety, but I love tripping so I will always trip.. :bonghit:

just be careful with your substances , its not worth scaring yourself off them forever if your not ready for it.

--------------------
no longer with us

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: Railrider]
    #11385706 - 11/04/09 04:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Railrider said:
I grind mine up in a coffee grinder mix with lemon juice until its a pourable liquid,put in a double shot glass drink it like a shot chase with fruit juice or w/e.

YES^ do this.

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: nootropic]
    #11386327 - 11/04/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Right, I totally understand why you wouldn't want me to trip around the GF. I think I'm going to anyways though. We've been together for like 2 years, and were living together now. She knows I like tripping, I tell her about it all the time, I've just never done it around her. So I guess if she can't handle my lifestyle then I'd rather know now than later. But no matter what happens it's gonna be a crazy experience :mushroom2:. I really think every things gonna go fine and it's gonna be a totally awesome trip. If she starts getting weirded or anything I'll just turn my room into a dark room and turn on some music or something.

The lemon juice sounds interesting. What makes it better than a tea or eating them in your opinion?

--------------------

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
    #11386357 - 11/04/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Whitewater said:
Right, I totally understand why you wouldn't want me to trip around the GF. I think I'm going to anyways though. We've been together for like 2 years, and were living together now. She knows I like tripping, I tell her about it all the time, I've just never done it around her. So I guess if she can't handle my lifestyle then I'd rather know now than later. But no matter what happens it's gonna be a crazy experience :mushroom2:. I really think every things gonna go fine and it's gonna be a totally awesome trip. If she starts getting weirded or anything I'll just turn my room into a dark room and turn on some music or something.

The lemon juice sounds interesting. What makes it better than a tea or eating them in your opinion?

it'll hit you harder and faster

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: nootropic]
    #11386371 - 11/04/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yea? thats definitely interesting then. does it do anything about nausea? I don't get nausea every time I eat shrooms, but lately I have, that's part of the reason I was looking towards a tea

--------------------

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

#11386447 - 11/04/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ginger eaten or brewed with the tea should help with nausea.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/marriottmarquis

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Re: Should I try a lower dose? [Re: pimpsmatt]
    #11386775 - 11/04/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Only problem with the lemon juice method is I don't have a coffee grinder. Can I just break them up by hand? It sounds real interesting but I think I'm leaning more towards the tea just because I think I could actually make it taste kinda good

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds