Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Question before 1st grow...Sterility at FC stage??
    #11385145 - 11/04/09 05:42 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

As it says I'm about to start my first grow and as I'm planning this out small questions about certain details are arising that I haven't noticed covered throughout the large amount of reading I've done.  This one probably has been answered somewhere so my apologies, but regardless...

I'm debating putting my FC (tupperware container) in the back corner of my closet.  The only thing is my closet has been used almost as 'storage' for a lot of old clothes that are probably dusty and are hung up (right above) where the FC would be located.  I've heard that once fully colonized the mycelium is strong enough to survive in less than sterile conditions.  Would it be safe here??

Also, is there any reason I should avoid putting a small tray of 2 cumbled cakes with vermiculite/peat moss casing in the same FC as another 3 or 4 actual cakes?  I'm betting on the cakes turning out best as it's my first time but I also want to try a small tray and don't have enough room for a totally seperate location.  Thanks everyone...you guys are awesome.  As clueless as I may seem from these questions I have learned an insane amount throughout the last month or so. Thanks.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
Re: Question before 1st grow...Sterility at FC stage?? [Re: Shpongle1]
    #11385163 - 11/04/09 05:44 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

They can all go in the same FC if they'll fit. It should be fine in the closet just don't disturb dusty shit as much as possible when exposing your FC

--------------------

Please check out the Classified for us.

Free Prints,Contests, Prizes... Go to www.Shroomotopia.com

You want to go to Shroomotopia.net
You need to go to Shroomotopia.net
You love Shroomotopia.net

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Re: Question before 1st grow...Sterility at FC stage?? [Re: rizingfire]
    #11385199 - 11/04/09 05:49 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Thank you.  I figured I might be fine I just needed a little reassurance.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation