Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblethezidane

Loc: australia
Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia
    #11383252 - 11/04/09 01:52 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/breckenridge-colorado-voters-legalize-marijuana-paraphernalia/

Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia

Voters in the ski resort town of Breckenridge, Colorado legalized marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia by a nearly three-to-one margin on Tuesday.

It is the first municipality in the United States to allow paraphernalia, such as pipes, bongs and bubblers.

"[The measure] passed 73 percent to 27 percent," ABC 7 News in Denver reported.

"'This votes demonstrates that Breckenridge citizens overwhelmingly believe that adults should not be punished for making the safer choice to use marijuana instead of alcohol,' said Sean McAllister, a Breckenridge attorney who proposed the ordinance," ABC continued.

"Possession remains illegal under state law, but Breckenridge Police Chief Rick Holman said his department will 'still have the ability to exercise discretion,'" Colorado's Summit Daily News added.
Story continues below...

β€œIt's never been something that we've spent a lot of time on, so I don't expect this to be a big change in how we really do business,” he said, according to the Daily News.

"It will not make it more available to minors, won't make it legal to smoke it on the street, won't get you out of trouble if you're stoned behind the wheel," the Daily News opined in an editorial supporting the measure. "What it says is that if you, as an adult, choose to possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use, you won't be busted for it. It's still a much more stringent law than those that apply to alcohol β€” a substance you can own as much as you want of and consume in public."

The paper added: "Eventually, it seems these small possession busts will be a thing of the past state-wide, which makes us conclude some kind of 'nuisance pot smoke' ordinance needs to take their place β€” roughly analogous to public intoxication statutes."

In Breckenridge, which has about 3,300 registered voters, passage of the measure is not a surprise. While an effort to legalize marijuana state-wide failed during the 2006 elections, Breckenridge voters supported it by a margin of nearly 3-to-1. Additionally, the petition to levy a ballot measure that would legalize marijuana needed just under 500 signatures, but organizers collected over 1,400.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInvision
Enlightened
Male

Loc: PNW, oregon
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: thezidane]
    #11383267 - 11/04/09 01:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

the word is spreading across the media, fast.

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Invision]
    #11383351 - 11/04/09 02:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

great!!
this is a step in the right direction, and we can only hope that the rest of the country follows suit.

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: istandalone]
    #11383500 - 11/04/09 02:23 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

haha this is great.

fuck the dea i say i say fuck the dea :rastamon:

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11383581 - 11/04/09 02:32 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

horray!  Common sense trumps government croneys!!  Power to the people! :grin:

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

InvisibleBoomers420
Young Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: 710 Ashbury, SF, CA
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: smokescreen]
    #11383716 - 11/04/09 02:52 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:rastamon:  :rastamon:  :rastamon:

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Boomers420]
    #11383745 - 11/04/09 02:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I love that they are calling it "legalize."

Guys, I've been saying this for the past 4 years. Legalization will come in Obama's second term (2012-2016). I'm betting the first state to legalize will be California, and I'm betting it's going to happen closer to 2012 than 2016.

Bookmarked for future use so I can shove it in all of your faces when it happens.

Offlinegnarfbuckle
Above The Ignorance
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: supernovasky]
    #11384024 - 11/04/09 03:32 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:

Guys, I've been saying this for the past 4 years. Legalization will come in Obama's second term (2012-2016). I'm betting the first state to legalize will be California, and I'm betting it's going to happen closer to 2012 than 2016.

Bookmarked for future use so I can shove it in all of your faces when it happens.

too bad obamas not gonna get the second term.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: gnarfbuckle]
    #11384173 - 11/04/09 03:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

So it's now officially 100 percent legal?

fuck yeahhhh time to move to america because europe IS GAY GAY GAY

OfflinePoopSoap
Genetically Modified Organism

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Beanhead]
    #11384254 - 11/04/09 04:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

fuck YEAH!

OfflineFungus Amungus
Stranger

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: PoopSoap]
    #11384276 - 11/04/09 04:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I was actually looking for a city in Colorado to move to, besides Denver since it sucks. I guess I know where I am going now, I just don't see how views can be so different when I am only a state over. That law would NEVER get passed here unless Federal law changed.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: gnarfbuckle]
    #11384355 - 11/04/09 04:11 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:

If Bush could get a 2nd term, I think Obama gets it EASILY.

OfflineSandoz
Ridin that wave

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Beanhead]
    #11384378 - 11/04/09 04:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I believe this qualifies as an EPIC WIN!  :potleaf:

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: thezidane]
    #11384458 - 11/04/09 04:24 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

this is good news!

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

OfflineSaowen6
VP of noobs
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: supernovasky]
    #11384515 - 11/04/09 04:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:

The way things are going now, I don't see Obama getting elected again. Just look at the recent elections. New Jersey voted out the incumbent (democratic) and put in a republican. Also Virginia (historically democratic) voted in a republican. America seems it is not happy with democrats at the moment.

I know, off topic. Why is it that I have not heard anything on the news about this "legalization"? I haven't even seen anything on the hearings in California to legalize marijuana completely.

--------------------
I am a totally ficticious person that doesnt even exist...

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

#11384542 - 11/04/09 04:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:

too bad stoners will be distracted from the whole bad economy/Federal Reserve issue thing and think Obama is "the shit" for allowing states the right to make drug laws. Though, that is a step in a good direction...LESS GOVERNMENT

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Offlinesmurfyshmu
It gets crazy
 User Gallery

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Saowen6]
    #11384572 - 11/04/09 04:38 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Saowen6 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:

The way things are going now, I don't see Obama getting elected again. Just look at the recent elections. New Jersey voted out the incumbent (democratic) and put in a republican. Also Virginia (historically democratic) voted in a republican. America seems it is not happy with democrats at the moment.

I know, off topic. Why is it that I have not heard anything on the news about this "legalization"? I haven't even seen anything on the hearings in California to legalize marijuana completely.

Dont be an idiot, just because a certain party wins a certain election doesn't mean it will correlate to the race for the white house.

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: smurfyshmu]
    #11384673 - 11/04/09 04:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I know where I'm snow boarding this year. Life time lift ticket please.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: Morican]
    #11384827 - 11/04/09 05:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

This is great. :super:

That police chief sounded sensible as well.

Quote:

Morican said:
I know where I'm snow boarding this year. Life time lift ticket please.

Nah, no one really bugs you on the mountain. Or at least the places i ride. Everyone tokes up...Blunts all around in the parking lot at lunch, smoking bowls on the lift or in the gondola, joints while riding...The smell of bud wafts in the air

--------------------

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: Breckenridge Colorado Voters Legalize Marijuana and Paraphernalia [Re: openmind]
    #11385272 - 11/04/09 05:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

man, good snowboarding AND legal pot!? screw cali, im going to colorado!

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service