Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Pot clubs denied licenses
    #11383065 - 11/04/09 01:27 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

From The Daily Post, Wednesday, November 4, 2009:
Quote:

Pot clubs denied licenses
BY DAVID DeBOLT

Three medical marijuana dispensaries in the North Fair Oaks neighborhood of Redwood City will have to move or close after the San Mateo County Licensing Board refused to issue them licenses because they're too close to schools.
  The three dispensaries - Blue Heaven, Universal Health Care Cooperative and Ihana Patients Cooperative - are all within 1,000 feet of a school, recreation center or youth center, a violation of a new county ordinance to regulate the clubs, said sheriff's spokesman Tom Merson.

Too close to children

Luis Arrondo, who raised this issue with Redwood City council candidates at a forum last week, has said the cluster of cooperatives in North Fair Oaks make marijuana more accessible to children and teenagers.
  Yesterday he called the county's ruling a victory.
  "My big concern is it becomes a legal way of distributing pot in the neighborhood," Arrondo said.
  The county's process, which required existing pot clubs to file applications before Sept. 1, has received criticism from medicinal marijuana proponents, who say it was designed to get rid of the cooperatives.
  "It's clear that San Mateo County has no intention of allowing any medicinal cannabis facility to operate anywhere in the community," said San Fransisco attorney Matt Kummi, who once represented the Universal Health Care Cooperative.

10 applications

Merson said the application process was designed to ensure the cooperatives only provide marijuana to registered patients.
  The county has received 10 applications.
  The three North Fair Oaks cooperatives were the first to go through the process and went before the licensing board on Monday. All three were denied because they were too close to schools.
  Merson noted that the county received an anonymous letter from a resident complaining about how close the cooperatives were to elementary schools.
  Blue Heaven Collective Corporation, which has another location in Moss Beach, and Ohana Patients Cooperative are both located on Middlefield Road. Universal Health Care Cooperative is on Fifth Avenue at Glendale Avenue.         
  Another one, Association of California Medical Marijuana Patients, was denied a permit because it didn't list a location on its application.
  Rejection letters to the pot dispensaries are in the mail, and the clubs have five days after receiving the notice whether to appeal or apply for a permit at another location, Merson said. The appeal would go before the county supervisors.
  In 1996, the state's voters approved Proposition 215, which allows a patient, or a caregiver to possess marijuana if a doctor has prescribed it.
  An employee at Blue Heaven declined to comment yesterday but said the cooperative was open.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Pot clubs denied licenses [Re: Poid]
    #11391009 - 11/05/09 03:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck Tom Merson, Luis Arrondo, and the "anonymous...resident complaining about how close the cooperatives were to elementary schools.". :thebird:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service