Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: P-O]
    #11383423 - 11/04/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PostiveOutlook said:
i got 11..

my dealer will only talk on bbm... he even sends me pics on there of the "new stuff"...

Wow, that's pretty stupid and dangerous of him to do that.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11383451 - 11/04/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

fake name on messenger...

plus he is convinced the messenger is "encripted" .

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11384049 - 11/04/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

believe android phones (at least the motorola droid for verizon) will offer free gps through google...

pretty sure all smartphones are gonna require you to have a dataplan... wifi can be useful if you'll get a faster connection through it or you're in an area where 3g isn't accessible.  but if you're gonna get the full enjoyment that the phone has to offer you really want to shell out that extra $30/mo or w/e for a dataplan...

from att personally think the iphone 3gs is the best the network has to offer... its camera is nothing to write home about (has no flash) but there are plenty of free apps/games and what not.. and it's just a stylin phone...

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: Gumby]
    #11388044 - 11/04/09 10:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
well it was either att or sprint and fuck sprint lol.  verizon might have been an option but they've dicked me in the past too.

and yah im really trying to stay away from data plans...i just have no use for it.  as long as i can use wifi spots for free thats all i need.  but that begs the question is a data plan required for GPS?  because most solo gps units don't need any monthly payments

Verizon is going you dick you over no matter what phone you get. They purposely cripple their phones so that they can make more money. By cripple I mean they block almost 50% of functionality. You can't transfer stuff from your computer to the phone. In most cases, you have to use their network to transfer it which means you pay them money to transfer the files. Can't even transfer ringtones. They even disable bluetooth on some of their phones.

As far as a data plan being necessary for GPS? Technically no... But you have to have an application with the maps predownloaded. Otherwise the phone has to use the data connection to download the maps. I know they make TomTom for Windows Mobile, but fuck Windows Mobile.

Getting a phone with the features you want without a data plan is going to be pretty much impossible. If you're getting the phone through a service provider they require you to get one. If you buy the phone from a 3rd party vendor and put a SIM card in, you must be on some kind of mission to wrack up a thousand dollar phone bill.

i have heard verizon employees tell me its pointless to get verizon in texas b/c of coverage. my gf works at a mall and all her employees have dif carriers. only tmobile gets service in her store. i cancelled my tmobile plan this week and went to AT&T since my contract was up and i wanted a good phone, since i already had her set up with a AT&T account. our bill between the both of us is 170 a month. and she has the bold with all bundle package and umlimited everything, and i got the Nokia e71x with all the options hers came with. So far i love the e71x, so much easier to text and use then the motorola ming a1200 i had before....

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11388279 - 11/04/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

BB Bold 9000 is sick - Bold 9700 out very soon.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11388323 - 11/04/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ya i thats what my gf has(bold 9000), i just didnt want to have the same phone as her. so i have this e71x a try. so far so good, and its alot thinner and better feeling ergonomicaly, atleast to me. if im fed up with it ill take it back and get the bold. since AT&T gives you 30 days to exchange for a dif phone at no cost besides the phone price difference.  they new one looks pretty good too.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
    #11388681 - 11/05/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

oo a cell phone thread dude im psyched out i just bought a blackberry tour today! it is awesome i cant keep my hands off of it.

honestly though, if i were you, wait 10 days and get the new motorola droid man...google reviews for it it really sounds like its gonna be amazing. its gonna be real damn expensive if you aernt ready to renew your contract. if you cant renew the contract your gonna have to drop 500-600 bux most likely on it. still the thing looks hot hot

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #11388917 - 11/05/09 02:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If I was gonna drop 500-600 bucks on a phone I'd go with the Nokia N900. That phone is fucking amazing from what I've read/heard.

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: Gumby]
    #11388925 - 11/05/09 02:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
If I was gonna drop 500-600 bucks on a phone I'd go with the Nokia N900. That phone is fucking amazing from what I've read/heard.

:orly: i havent heard of it before but just googled that and yeah that looks even better than that droid :laugh: i wish i had the patience to wait for that to come out instead of buying the blackberry tour, but i lost my phone, which seemed like a good opprotunity to get a new one, but not patient enough to go without a phone for more than 10 days

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #11388926 - 11/05/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno it sounds like these phones won't do crap without a data plan so i might just get some retarded phone.  people mentioned gps will work with google maps but im guessing that still means i have to connect to the internet to use the gps then...shit sucks...

i don't text or email so i don't need that.  and im not going to pay retarded prices for games and apps so if there's no phones that let me drop games on them from my computer then really it doesn't sound like there's a phone out there for me.

let me ask this, with just basic phone service and no data plans or anything.  if it can do something over my wireless connection at the house thats cool with me.  tell me what i can actually do with these phones, black berrys for example, or these droids i keep hearing about.  if i have to pay extra its not a feature to me.  so wtf do these phones do lol....mp3 player and camera and a calculator...what else lol

oh and are you guys sure they force you into a data plan with certain cell phones? i thought that was optional?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Edited by makaveli8x8 (11/05/09 02:37 AM)

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#11388938 - 11/05/09 02:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hmm honestly dude if your not lookin to pay the extra for the internet, just go to the store and get a decent quality but inexpensive GPS and a cheap phone

now i have definitely heard of a phone that has wifi but i cant remember which one. not gonna go through the trouble searching for which one it is but i know its out there.

hmm no texting man? i cant imagine not texting the girls in my generation just love to text

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #11389088 - 11/05/09 04:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

do you know if boost/sprint gets decent service in your area?  if so, you might want to consider a "boostberry".  that is, a blackberry that's been cracked to utilize boost's $50/unlimited everything.  it takes a bit of configuring and working around, but you should definitely be able to utilize the gps.

or if you don't want to spring for an actual blackberry, you could get boost's motorola clutch i465.  it's basically like a dumb smart phone.  nowhere near as powerful as actual smart phones, but it does have a full qwerty keyboard and is GPS enabled.  to utilize boost's official GPS service, it costs more per month.  however, you can dload apps for free that would let you use it; i.e. LifeInPocket and InstaMapper.

that is, of course, dependent upon the service in your area.  i dunno, i've heard people talk shit about boost, but i used it for 8 months and was completely happy.  there's no contract, the price is unbeatable, the service in my area was damn decent.  the only drawback i noticed was sometimes i wouldn't get texts, or they would take a while.  however, that didn't happen that often.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11568286 - 12/02/09 07:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ok i ended up going with the n900 :smilingpuppy:

altho im not sure if ill be able to keep it, there's one little detail i havn't worked out.

using att, how would i manage to get a sim card? :crankey:

i have a funny feeling they arn't going to get me a sim card for a smart phone without a data plan, and im pretty sure when i ask for a sim card they are going to ask for the serial number on my phone cuss they are little bitches like that:sad:, and im pretty sure they will ask for my serial number BEFORE telling me all that so they can blacklist my phone somehow

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11568296 - 12/02/09 07:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So what's the point of getting a phone if you won't be able to use it?

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: help me pick a new phone [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11568298 - 12/02/09 07:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the plan is to get it working of course....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder