Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Getting paranoid when smoking weed...
    #11382386 - 11/04/09 11:13 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, well, I'm a pretty heavy weed smoker, but I've always felt like my tolerance levels are always way below my friends. But this goes for all drugs, for the most part.

When it comes to weed though, I find I get extremely paranoid, as if I'm having an anxiety attack. This happens everytime I smoke weed unless I'm with my close stoner friends or my girlfriend.

It's really unbelievable how paranoid I get. and no matter how much weed I smoke it never really seems to go away. I really enjoy getting high, but the anxiety I get from it is really annoying, It gets to the point that I can't even speak because I'm getting so paranoid.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might get over this paranoia?

--------------------
:smile: Looking To Buy or Trade for All Gourmet Mushroom Strains!! :smile:

My Trade List

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: poponon]
    #11382424 - 11/04/09 11:23 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

well maybe you should stop smoking weed?:eek:

other than that i guess take it one hit at a time. take a toke. wait. if your cool after 5 or 10 min take another. just work your way up until you find your threshold.

and control your environment too. if your someplace you might get freaked out, don't smoke. its not that big of a deal not to smoke. its just weed.

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

#11382444 - 11/04/09 11:27 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Like Joe Rogan said, you only get paranoid or a bad trip when you resist the drug and your brain struggles to maintain sobriety.  So if this happens do one of two things.  Occupy your brain with something like television, taking a walk, eating.  Or do the opposite and listen to some music and let the drug take you away.  Try and make the drug become as psychedelic as possible, just sit and meditate and let your mind go nuts. Usually only time I feel paranoid is when I am sitting there and the weed hits me real hard but I refuse to just give in and let it take me.

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: zombi]
    #11382451 - 11/04/09 11:28 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Smoke weed and meditate, do yoga, or something like that.

You don't have to quit smoking weed, the weed is showing you something about yourself that makes you insecure.  weed slows the breath, slows the advancement of thoughts, and helps you to control those thoughts and states of mind.  when used with purpose, instead of just to "get high", it's properties are much more astonishing and healing.

like right now, i'm hungover, and i'll smoke, and feel wonderful :stoned:

--------------------
The elder among the men looked deep into
The fire and spoke loud with pride
Tomorrow is a fine day to die

InvisibleTrippyNinja

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: Smawrpg]
    #11382464 - 11/04/09 11:30 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I went through an era of weed paranoia that lasted for about a year. I got past this by literally saying 'fuck it'. I let my mind relax and just accepted what was going on and from that day onward i haven't felt paranoid off weed ever since.

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

#11382467 - 11/04/09 11:31 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Those are both good ideas that have worked for me before.

I just seem to get paranoid when I'm around people who I'm not completely comfertable with. Pot seems to sort of amplify my insecurities..

Like... there's this one thing that ALWAYS happens, when I get to paranoid to order food at any sort of restaurant or anything where I have to tell the worker what I want to get. I just like, sketch out.
haha.. actually with my burning crew, it sort of became a ritual for whoever would go up with my money to buy food, I would have to pay for them too.

Maybe I'm just very subconsciously insecure?

--------------------

My Trade List

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: TrippyNinja]
    #11382478 - 11/04/09 11:33 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyNinja said:
I went through an era of weed paranoia that lasted for about a year. I got past this by literally saying 'fuck it'. I let my mind relax and just accepted what was going on and from that day onward i haven't felt paranoid off weed ever since.

How exactly did you tell yourself to say "fuck it?" Did you do this when you were high or when you weren't?

--------------------

My Trade List

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11382511 - 11/04/09 11:40 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The biggest and most effective way to reduce your parinoia is to control your enviornment.  Don't smoke weed, and then go to the mall with people who have weed on them.  Don't leave your house high with weed in your posession.

Do have your own place?  Or do you live with your parents? 

If your parents don't mind that you smoke weed, you can smoke at your house.  If not, you should go to someone else's house.  Someone who has their own house or has parents who don't mind pot.

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: BothHands]
    #11382629 - 11/04/09 12:03 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I agree that setting really helps.

It's just, I just wish I could be high and be able to like converse with people, or atleast order food without getting really paranoid. I see other people who are much better able to handle more chaotic settings... how do people do that? Sometimes when that happens, I feel like my mind is just like, overloading.

--------------------

My Trade List

InvisibleTrippyNinja

#11382677 - 11/04/09 12:11 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

poponon said:
Quote:

TrippyNinja said:

How exactly did you tell yourself to say "fuck it?" Did you do this when you were high or when you weren't?

Well i was just chilling out in the couch with a friend watching TV whilst being pretty high. I felt my heart racing and it caused me to become very paranoid. I started think that i was going to have a heart attack even though i knew that weed naturally makes your heart beat faster. I just sat there and thought to myself, 'why am i paranoid? I'm not gonna die, the thought of death is totally ridiculous' and i literally started to laugh at how i was scared over something i should be enjoying. After this thought all the paranoia went away and i had a fantastic night. You literally have to fight through it, don't let paranoia take you prisoner.

Quote:

poponon said:
I just seem to get paranoid when I'm around people who I'm not completely comfertable with. Pot seems to sort of amplify my insecurities..

I also had this really really bad. I would sit in a group of friends and just feel paranoid. I imagined they were thinking about stuff about me, pointing out flaws, which i now know is ridiculous cause these guys are like my brothers. What i realized is that i only got paranoid when i got high around a specific person. He would always try and piss people off when there high by saying snide remarks or throw shit at you and that's not cool when you just want to relax, to be honest it's not cool in any situation especially when the people you do it to are Friends.
  This is how i realized that it was this specific person (I'll call him B) was causing my paranoia. One night i was chilling out and smoking joints with all of my friends excluding B, he had other plans. I had a fantastic night, one of the best i have had in my life and this shocked me cause i thought it was going to be another paranoia hell hole.
  The next night i was chilling just with B in his house. We smoked a few joints and believe it or not the paranoia returned. I thought nothing of it but this recurred over the next month i.e getting high with B and getting high without B and i found that every time i got high with B i got paranoid, no matter who else was there. And the opposite happened when B wasn't there, i had great nights. So what i do now is never get high when B is there which isn't hard to do because he's kinda not in the social group anymore simply cause he was being an asshole. Since this i swear to god i have never had paranoia when smoking weed.
  Perhaps what you need to do to prevent paranoia is to cut out a specific thing in your life when your getting high. This could be a person, place, or situation. Hope this helps.

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #11382765 - 11/04/09 12:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I went through a paranoid stage that lasted probably about 3 years! I've been smoking for about 10 years now and we used to get stoned every day at my mates house - which was fine. The paranoia started a few years later when I'd smoke weed everywhere I went - college, on the way home from college, at home, on a day out with friends (even if they weren't smoking), on nights out, after nights out, etc etc. I realised that there is a time and place for weed, and it should be respected. Who wants to be stoned on a bus full of strangers?

You should be with either a few close friends somewhere safe with music/film/comedy, or at home on your own at night with music/film/comedy. Or as someone else said... meditation. Although saying that, meditation is better either with a clear head, or on mushrooms IMO.

Being stoned in a restaurant is a no no. Couldn't think of anything worse. A load of strangers sat in a room watching you eat is guaranteed to set the paranoia off :rolleyes:

Anyway, try having a break for a couple of months and you should be fine. Get well soon :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

#11382795 - 11/04/09 12:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh wow thanks for all this information, It actually realllllly helps.

I realize that there are certain situations that I Should avoid while high... and there are some things I'm definitely going to have to work on to get past being so paranoid. I guess I'll make that the objective of my next couple trips...

Really though, thanks for all these first-hand experiences, I think I've got a good idea of where to start the quelling of my high paranoia!!!!
Thanks guys :smile:

--------------------

My Trade List

Offlinecandy_man2
dolla dolla bill ya'll
Male

Loc: canada
    #11382934 - 11/04/09 01:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i never get paranoid when on weed. just paranoid in general :smile:

The government is out to get you!

--------------------
Nothin like spreading da luvvvv

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: candy_man2]
    #11384101 - 11/04/09 03:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

no problem dude. It sounds like you getting too high to conversate but are trying anyway thus making you extremely insecure about acting like an idiot.  Sometimes I will smoke with kids and they'll try to talk to me and I'll just say fuck it bro I am waaay to high I am just gonna sit here and chill and they just say OK then, and off i go. Do not stop smoking as weed isn't making you paranoid just showing you things you may not want to be shown, by defeating them whilst high you will be free of them sober as well, even if its only subconsciously you will feel better, herb heals.

Edited by Smawrpg (11/04/09 03:45 PM)

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #11384150 - 11/04/09 03:51 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ever since I started smoking I always get the feeling when im high like everything everyone says has a deeper and very insulting meaning behind every word.

I got over that though.. I couldn't stand feeling that way.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

OfflineBetty Crockers Bum
Ninja
Male

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: Thisfire]
    #11384346 - 11/04/09 04:11 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thisfire said:
Ever since I started smoking I always get the feeling when im high like everything everyone says has a deeper and very insulting meaning behind every word.

I got over that though.. I couldn't stand feeling that way.

Yeah i get that aswell, always thinking theres some deeper meaning to what someone has said or you think that you've picked up on an expression or emotion that no one else has noticed. if ur paranoid on shrooms you can actually see these looks and expressions of negativity in peoples faces as there talking. its easy to forget how many variable factors there are to enjoying yourself with psychedelics

--------------------
Take it easy.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: Betty Crockers Bum]
    #11384518 - 11/04/09 04:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

when the bad vibes are coming up just sit back, light up a cig, and let your mind relax.:chillin:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Offlinekabukisensei
Stranger

#11384929 - 11/04/09 05:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

very interesting

InvisibleThat Cenex Guy
The Dark Defender
Male

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: kabukisensei]
    #11387272 - 11/04/09 10:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ive always been the complete opposite. Im always pretty chill when i smoke and actually think its kind of fun to go to restaurants high lol. I just get in the mind set that im smoking weed to have fun and to relax, so why should i get paranoid and stressed?

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: Getting paranoid when smoking weed... [Re: That Cenex Guy]
    #11387621 - 11/04/09 10:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

If you are getting paranoid thoughts from smoking weed I strongly suggest giving it a rest. The damage it is doing to your brain may take years to reverse, and maybe not fully heal at all.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience