Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area, california
best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety?
    #11381418 - 11/04/09 01:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what's the most effective psychedelic for long-term overcoming of social anxiety? i presume the best setting being solo-tripping. mescaline, aya, ibogain, acid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: csrpj]
    #11381450 - 11/04/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (02/18/10 07:53 PM)

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: FrenchMachine]
    #11381463 - 11/04/09 02:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

how large of a dose? i'm planning a high-dose mescaline trip in january. will alcohol extract powdered san pedro. 40g is a regular dose, which i've tried once before. i'm thinking of going 80 this time. what does do you recommend in terms of a multiple of a single dose? (i'm also planning on adding nootropics with the mescaline trip, which i've only done with cannibis and acid, quite successfully.)

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: csrpj]
    #11381507 - 11/04/09 02:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

psychedelics are not a magical cure for anything. they can act as a catalyst for change in behavior, but the change has to come from you actually altering your behavior. that said...

i think i've overcome a good deal of social anxiety over the last few years. mushrooms have helped me learn a lot about myself to help that along, but ultimately in my case i think reading philosophy and meditation may have played bigger roles in it. i wouldn't be where i am without all of those factors and a few more, but in retrospect philosophy has had the biggest impact in terms of social anxiety.

but thats just me and you have to find out what is going to work best for you. so go and experiment for yourself, just be safe and be smart about it.
i think that is probably the best advice i can give.

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

Edited by zombi (11/04/09 02:35 AM)

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: zombi]
    #11381512 - 11/04/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for sharing, zombi. can you tell us more about the philosophy! (specific ideas, applications, anything really).

OfflineNarttram
Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany
    #11381546 - 11/04/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I completely agree that you shouldn't rely on psychedelic drugs to fix your problems for you, most of the time they will end up doing the opposite if you think this way.
But it is true that they can help you understand where exactly your problem lies and they can even show you a way you can solve these problems, essentially taking the first step for you.
As to which one I would say take the one you are the most comfortable with, all of them have the potential to help you in your specific cause, I would advice against MDMA though as it usually doesn't really help you long-term (I may very well be proven wrong here).
I personally would take a mid-range dose of LSD and just lie in my bed alone, listening to music. I wound not advice to actively think about your social anxiety during the trip, but to "prime" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology) ) the issue (which should be done automatically as it is your intention). I am 99% positive the problem will represent itself during the trip hopefully and most probably after the peak.
Let us know how it went :smile:

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: Narttram]
    #11381579 - 11/04/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

for me, lsd makes me more introverted, esp after the trip. i would recomend mdma. dose socialy once or twice to gain confidence then try a night out without it. and of course as said before one shouldn't rely on drugs to fix the problem, ultimately its up to you to overcome your fear.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/marriottmarquis

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: Narttram]
    #11381583 - 11/04/09 03:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey i'm happy to share if people want to hear it.
if you get a chance, take a philosophy course in school. they generally cover a wide variety of ideas and it gives you a good starting point to figure out what interests you. lately i've read Epictetus and Aristotle, and found them both fascinating. can't wait to look into them further.

Plato is a good place to start. he's fairly easy to understand and also has some really deep topics. check out the cave parable. i found links to that all over the place in popular culture.
also the trial and death of socrates (also by plato) gave me a new outlook on death and fear of death.
i think most of his works can be found here

something that has helped give me a pretty positive outlook on life recently is this. it was posted on here somewhere. i printed it out and read it every day when i wake up now.

Quote:

1. Remain in the present moment. Future and past should only come up when absolutely necessary.

2. Live life passionately. If you are in a dead-end job or just unhappy, search out your life's passion.

3. Be grateful for everything. Every heart beat is a gift. Realize how lucky we are to be alive.

4. An energy level higher than that of those around you is contagious.

5. Give your energy willingly to everyone. It is drawn from a limitless source.

6. If your energy does drop, everything will be alright. Those people who you gave energy to will return the favor.

7. Your emotional state is independent of external factors. We learned at an early age to look at the world to show us how to feel. I am reminded of a child who scrapes his knee and looks around to see if anyone will comfort him if he were to start crying, if no one is around he will get up and keep playing.

8. Truthfully speak your mind. No matter what emotional response you have at first. Over time your truthful thoughts will erode from societal input. Your thoughts will become more positive and beneficial.

9. Be comfortable touching others. Touch others more. Be aware of how others enjoy your touch.

10. Be happy with yourself as you are now. There is no other time other than this eternal Now to be happy.

11. Strive towards perfection. Set lofty goals and do right action every day towards those goals.

12. Be empathetic, then rise. Sometimes people want you to feel their pain. Sacrifice your good vibes for them, then pull them up with you back to your previous state.

13. A positive mind is very powerful. There are times for negativity, but those times are rare.

14. Never give up on or condemn another person. They may not be aware they are hurting you. Forgive so you may be forgiven.

15. Failure is another step towards success. Don't let failures slow you down. If they do, then this is what I do: I envision myself in old age looking back and laughing at how many failures led to my great successes.

16. Stop comparing yourself to others. We are each on our own path.

17. Understand other opinions. Rather than sticking to your point of view, people will enjoy your vibe much more if you don't argue your opinion to be "Right" and not "Wrong". It is win-win.

18. Have faith that your good vibes are flowing into those around you and lifting them.

19. Meditate or use another centering ritual. Rituals have been very vital to humanity.

20. Drink water frequently. Divide your body weight in two, that is the number of fluid ounces of water you need daily.

21. Keep your body fit and healthy by excercising and eating right.

Universe

1. No one wants disrespect.

2. We all are pursueing happiness.

3. Remember, everyone is on their own path.

4. Good vibes resonate and amplify with other good vibes to create a new level.

5. We all want the world to be a better place when we leave it than when we found it.

6. We all want to be rich and powerful, but only a few can rise up.

7. Life is abundant. Money, love, and joy can all be yours in excess.

8. Work hard to improve the world around you. It will return the favor.

9. The universe is naturally a happy, good place.

10. Do not fear death. Life is inescapably eternal. "

if anyone wants more i've got plenty of stuff i'd love to recommend.  :pm: me!

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

Offlineinternash
Stranger

#11381598 - 11/04/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

psychedeliks can only open your doors of perception, doors of healing and overecoming problems. its up to you to walk through them.

Offlinecandy_man2
dolla dolla bill ya'll
Male

Loc: canada
    #11382916 - 11/04/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

csrpj said:
what's the most effective psychedelic for long-term overcoming of social anxiety? i presume the best setting being solo-tripping. mescaline, aya, ibogain, acid?

for social id definally say ecstasy and for by yourself id say nothing...i find it pretty homosexual to trip out by yourself

--------------------
Nothin like spreading da luvvvv

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11383026 - 11/04/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms did it for me.

They fixed a lot of things. I was an absurdly introspective, nihilistic, overweight, walking collection of ego-defense mechanisms.

The key is to have a bad introspective trip, and then to identify the sources of anxiety, and think critically about how you can fix them. If you can do that before the trip is over, you are imbued with hope, and a deep motivation to improve.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11383055 - 11/04/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zombi said:
hey i'm happy to share if people want to hear it.
if you get a chance, take a philosophy course in school. they generally cover a wide variety of ideas and it gives you a good starting point to figure out what interests you. lately i've read Epictetus and Aristotle, and found them both fascinating. can't wait to look into them further.

Plato is a good place to start. he's fairly easy to understand and also has some really deep topics. check out the cave parable. i found links to that all over the place in popular culture.
also the trial and death of socrates (also by plato) gave me a new outlook on death and fear of death.
i think most of his works can be found here

something that has helped give me a pretty positive outlook on life recently is this. it was posted on here somewhere. i printed it out and read it every day when i wake up now.

Quote:

1. Remain in the present moment. Future and past should only come up when absolutely necessary.

2. Live life passionately. If you are in a dead-end job or just unhappy, search out your life's passion.

3. Be grateful for everything. Every heart beat is a gift. Realize how lucky we are to be alive.

4. An energy level higher than that of those around you is contagious.

5. Give your energy willingly to everyone. It is drawn from a limitless source.

6. If your energy does drop, everything will be alright. Those people who you gave energy to will return the favor.

7. Your emotional state is independent of external factors. We learned at an early age to look at the world to show us how to feel. I am reminded of a child who scrapes his knee and looks around to see if anyone will comfort him if he were to start crying, if no one is around he will get up and keep playing.

8. Truthfully speak your mind. No matter what emotional response you have at first. Over time your truthful thoughts will erode from societal input. Your thoughts will become more positive and beneficial.

9. Be comfortable touching others. Touch others more. Be aware of how others enjoy your touch.

10. Be happy with yourself as you are now. There is no other time other than this eternal Now to be happy.

11. Strive towards perfection. Set lofty goals and do right action every day towards those goals.

12. Be empathetic, then rise. Sometimes people want you to feel their pain. Sacrifice your good vibes for them, then pull them up with you back to your previous state.

13. A positive mind is very powerful. There are times for negativity, but those times are rare.

14. Never give up on or condemn another person. They may not be aware they are hurting you. Forgive so you may be forgiven.

15. Failure is another step towards success. Don't let failures slow you down. If they do, then this is what I do: I envision myself in old age looking back and laughing at how many failures led to my great successes.

16. Stop comparing yourself to others. We are each on our own path.

17. Understand other opinions. Rather than sticking to your point of view, people will enjoy your vibe much more if you don't argue your opinion to be "Right" and not "Wrong". It is win-win.

18. Have faith that your good vibes are flowing into those around you and lifting them.

19. Meditate or use another centering ritual. Rituals have been very vital to humanity.

20. Drink water frequently. Divide your body weight in two, that is the number of fluid ounces of water you need daily.

21. Keep your body fit and healthy by excercising and eating right.

Universe

1. No one wants disrespect.

2. We all are pursueing happiness.

3. Remember, everyone is on their own path.

4. Good vibes resonate and amplify with other good vibes to create a new level.

5. We all want the world to be a better place when we leave it than when we found it.

6. We all want to be rich and powerful, but only a few can rise up.

7. Life is abundant. Money, love, and joy can all be yours in excess.

8. Work hard to improve the world around you. It will return the favor.

9. The universe is naturally a happy, good place.

10. Do not fear death. Life is inescapably eternal. "

if anyone wants more i've got plenty of stuff i'd love to recommend.  :pm: me!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: astronaut]
    #11383997 - 11/04/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms.

--------------------

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: trip forever]
    #11384102 - 11/04/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Psychedelic drugs may or may not aid you in overcoming your social anxiety. What psychedelics will certainly do for you is show you the root and true reason why you have this social anxiety, and may show you example of how you act in real life, filters removed. It is then up to you to make the changes.

However, usually, because psychedelics break down the filters of your mind, you are more aware and sensitive, therefore a drop in inhibitions is not always confirmed. Sometimes it will go up.

Of course, there have been times when psychedelics have lowered my inhibitions, but that wasn't because of the drug, but rather because I was in my own world so much so that I really did not bother thinking about what others were doing.

If you are looking for a drug to allow you on the spot relief of your social anxietys so you can loosen up and have a good time, alcohol is the way to go. It will loosen you up no matter who you are if you drink enough!! Trust me! I am not a fan of alcohol or getting drunk, now and then it is fun, but I definitly do not like to make a weekend routine out of it.

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: candy_man2]
    #11384259 - 11/04/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

candy_man2 said:
i find it pretty homosexual to trip out by yourself

that's ridiculous.  it's a lot easier to have deep, contemplative thoughts if you're by yourself.  When I'm around other people I'm too social and can't focus on the trip.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #11384316 - 11/04/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

emeraldlife88 said:

If you are looking for a drug to allow you on the spot relief of your social anxietys so you can loosen up and have a good time, alcohol is the way to go. It will loosen you up no matter who you are if you drink enough!! Trust me! I am not a fan of alcohol or getting drunk, now and then it is fun, but I definitly do not like to make a weekend routine out of it.

i didnt think of that. though not a phycedelic, alchahol is most likely semi safer and easier to obtain than mdma and probably the better choice.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/marriottmarquis

Offlinekabukisensei
Stranger

#11384908 - 11/04/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i liked san pedro

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: kabukisensei]
    #11384936 - 11/04/09 03:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lsd:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: best psychedelic for overcoming social anxiety? [Re: Salomon] * 1
    #11385104 - 11/04/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You get anxiety in a social area? Think about that, for you to think you can't get along in a social environment  is a product of your thinking. You are just over-analyzing the situations, when in reality you are only half of what you think you are, and half of what you make other people think you are. My point is that if you think your a social outcast, then you are, because people cant interpret you any other way.

Dare to do something different, be stupid, be suave, and if people laugh at you along the way don't be discouraged because now your funny.

drugs may make you realize who you are, or why you are. But you are what you are, the change begins with realizing yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale