Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN]
    #11381283 - 11/04/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

November 3rd, 2009 - Chesterton  Tribune

A Portage resident was arrested Saturday on a charge of manufacturing a Schedule I substance after Portage Police said that he had established a psychedelic mushroom growing operation in his home.

Nicholas Thewes, 21, of 1261 Camelot Manor in the Camelot Estates Mobile Home Park, was being held on no bond, police said. Manufacturing a Schedule I substance is a Class B felony punishable by a term of six to 20 years.

According to police, the PPD’s STOP IT Team was dispatched to Thewes’ residence in response to a report of an unknown odor coming from his home. Thewes declined to provide the officers with any information, police said, but on obtaining a search warrant they observed protective suits and a room covered completely in plastic.

At that point, police said, the officers evacuated the residence in the belief that they had possibly uncovered a methamphetamine lab. The Indiana State Police’s Clandestine Lab Team was subsequently dispatched to Thewes’ home to assist in the investigation.

“Upon further inspection, it was discovered that the residence did not contain a methamphetamine lab but contained a psilocybin mushroom growing operation,” police said. “Officers found and confiscated 400 Mason jars containing mushrooms and mushroom-growing materials and an AK-47 rifle.”

“It is unknown how long Mr. Thewes has lived at the residence or how long ago he started his growing operation,” police added. “Police believe he just got the growing operation up and running. The value of the mushrooms or the materials is unknown. Mr. Thewes does not have a criminal history with the police.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArkady
Stranger

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11381308 - 11/04/09 01:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Strange smells equals a search warrant? How about making them work for it judges? I wonder how many times searches like these turn up nothing.

Offlinevermoholic
Stranger

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Arkady]
    #11381371 - 11/04/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

police dont realize he needed the AK-47 to quickly make a shotgun fruiting chamber :crazy2:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: vermoholic]
    #11381380 - 11/04/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol

sounds like he had colonized/ing jars and now the police don't know what to charge him with.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: ScavengerType]
    #11381715 - 11/04/09 04:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wtf!

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineDionili
Second Rate Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between a Rock and a Hard...
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11381832 - 11/04/09 06:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

unknown odor? BS!

--------------------

Offlinewhrsthespirit
Stranger

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Arkady]
    #11381961 - 11/04/09 07:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

An unknown odor.  COme on if they walk up to my house and it smells like ive been smokin bud are they gonna come bust down my door.  No and some people just have those odors.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: whrsthespirit]
    #11381973 - 11/04/09 07:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Me thinks Mr. Thewes ran his mouth off to the the wrong person.

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11382154 - 11/04/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

6-20 years for damn mushrooms :nonono:

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #11382347 - 11/04/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea what the fuck, strange odors?  Jesus Christ, my house smells like a gamut of fucking things.  That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.  How the FUCK does that even come close to provoking probable cause.  :flowstone:

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Edited by 5HTSynaptrip (11/04/09 09:03 AM)

Offlineshroomer17
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #11382458 - 11/04/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow thats really trampling on our right to privacy.  Now the police are coming to investigate odours in our houses for us???  WTF

And thats hilarious... this 21 year old using an AK47 to guard his mushrooms.  Pretty intense!

Offlinedjcube
Backwoods Shaman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alaska
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: shroomer17]
    #11383226 - 11/04/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im sure the gun really had nothing to do with his operation...  I know about 20 people who have AK's because theyre "cool".

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11383235 - 11/04/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
Nicholas Thewes, 21, of 1261 Camelot Manor in the Camelot Estates Mobile Home Park, was being held on no bond, police said.

Mr. Thewes does not have a criminal history with the police.?

So why does he have no bond again? No criminal history yet no bond amount, is this guy a killer or what, bail is only not given for people that are at risk for not showing up to court, ya' know, hopping a flight to a far off country with no extradition to the states. Idk the guy but even the AK doesn't really warrant getting no bail.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineGanjaburger
mushroom aficionado
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11383524 - 11/04/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i didnt realize colonizing jars smelt so bad.  and an ak is just a semi automatic rifle(not illegal if you have a license), doubt they would have mentioned your typical run of the mill .22 rifle.

--------------------

Trade /sell list...plenty of cube prints....microscope, two hundred dollar brand new Aerobed, and a ti-84+ calculator....

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Ganjaburger]
    #11383586 - 11/04/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ganjaburger said:
i didnt realize colonizing jars smelt so bad.  and an ak is just a semi automatic rifle(not illegal if you have a license), doubt they would have mentioned your typical run of the mill .22 rifle.

Yup, at least in my state you just have to be 21 to purchase a rifle like that, but rifles like typical .22 and other hunting rifles are able to be bought at 18 I believe. Not completely sure. I did have to get my dad to buy my AR-15 for me when I was 19 because they wouldn't let me purchase it, at 21 I could have put it in my name, had the police not seized it, ya know? :shrug: sux. But yeah, I really don't understand the smell thing, there shouldn't be any smell, except for in the actual grow room when you have tons of mush, it does smell like one big mushroom, I love that smell. But you can't smell it outside my room barely, let alone outside my place.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Ganjaburger]
    #11383631 - 11/04/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I bet the smell was from the grains WBS can be quite smelly. Here's a good reason to get an AA pc as well, because they release much less steam (practically none) and thus smell than the cheapo versions.

As well I've found wheat grains to be the optimum spawn. It smells good like baking bread, can ce reasonably priced, reaches optimum moisture content more easily than any other grain I've observed including rye. Mycelium from the gourmet strains I've observed showed no differences compared to rye.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

Offlineylibniquah
Innerspace Explorer
Male

Loc: GA (unfortunately!)
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #11384154 - 11/04/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

5HTSynaptrip said:
Yea what the fuck, strange odors?  Jesus Christ, my house smells like a gamut of fucking things.  That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.  How the FUCK does that even come close to provoking probable cause.  :flowstone:

ROTFL@ probable cause... probable cause is a myth after the patriot acts, or did you not get that memo?

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: ylibniquah]
    #11384320 - 11/04/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

as soon as i read he had a AK-47 i didn't feel bad for his arrest anymore.
just a run of a mill dangerous dealer.

OfflineGanjaburger
mushroom aficionado
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest Flag
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: elementswrath]
    #11384695 - 11/04/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so if it was a pistil he wouldnt be a dangerous dealer?  lots of people keep guns in their home for protection, doubt every person with a gun at their house is some drug cartel member.

--------------------

Trade /sell list...plenty of cube prints....microscope, two hundred dollar brand new Aerobed, and a ti-84+ calculator....

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11384770 - 11/04/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ganjaburger said:
so if it was a pistil he wouldnt be a dangerous dealer?  lots of people keep guns in their home for protection, doubt every person with a gun at their house is some drug cartel member.

i doubt a ak-47 is a weapon for protection.
he lived in a mobile home, how do you think he needed a AK-47? that's a bit much for a mobile house isn't it?
he is obviously a drug dealer because he has one, it's a weapon to take out crowds of people not to defend a measly little trailer.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: elementswrath]
    #11385152 - 11/04/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
Quote:

Ganjaburger said:

he lived in a mobile home, how do you think he needed a AK-47? that's a bit much for a mobile house isn't it?
he is obviously a drug dealer because he has one, it's a weapon to take out crowds of people not to defend a measly little trailer.

Ak-47 = Relativly cheap, larger caliber semi-auto rifle.

They dont sell "good guy guns" that are semi-auto cheap enough.

The ammo is dirt cheap compared to a .30 or anything larger.
I can also buy hollowpoints...... which, theoretically are SAFER than FMJ because of the increased tendancy to stay within the body of the target.

I have an AK.

I also have an SKS.

And a .45 pistol.

None of them have ANYTHING to do with dealing drugs. But thanks for the ignorant sterotype of anyone who decides to excersize their rights and defend their LIFE, LIBERTY and PROPERTY as best they can.

"that isnt a home defense weapon" = stupid argument..... come and try to break into my house.....

From the AK alone, I get 30 rounds before re-loading....

So bring your friends too. :grin:

I can "home defend" the FUCK out of my house.

Inital firearm purchase was placed because the police are a GOOD 20 minutes away........

With a .22 and a decent aim, you could slay just as many people as with an AK in just about the same amount of time..........

In fact..... you are probably BETTER off with a decent 5 round bolt action hunting rifle..... since AKs are not exactly renowned for their accuracy.

"Everyone with a gun is a bad guy."

Unless he gets paid by your government , right? :sad:

Maybe everyone who grows shrooms is a bad guy too?

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Shad0w]
    #11385640 - 11/04/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, that is bullshit.

However I thought he was in an apartment. Must not have payed close enough attention. He must have done all 400 jars of WBS to stink his neighborhood up that much that he had cops called about it. 400 jars is a lot and I can believe that the cops would get called for that stink I suppose. I can fit a max of 10 jars in my AA 925 so I would need to grain prep 40 times which would take days on end and would require a lot of smelly pre-soaking. I think doing WBS is the only way his spawn could have got him busted. However it is possible he was in the middle of drying (another smelly part) and he had a lot of wet crop. Usually they will count the weight of that as well though regardless.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: ScavengerType]
    #11387212 - 11/04/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's a pretty screwed up thing to think that 90% of your 20 year sentence would be for water...

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11387544 - 11/04/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can't believe nobody brought it up that this guy might be a Shroomerite. The Shroomery is honestly one of the best places to learn how to grow mushrooms and a guy cultivating on this scale would have had to get his information from somewhere. This could be one of our own getting arrested.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: teeter]
    #11388833 - 11/05/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Likely, I doubt a mycotopian would cover an entire room in plastic.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11391822 - 11/05/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
Likely, I doubt a mycotopian would cover an entire room in plastic.

:rofl:

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Shad0w]
    #11406495 - 11/07/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Quote:

elementswrath said:
Quote:

Ganjaburger said:

Ak-47 = Relativly cheap, larger caliber semi-auto rifle.

They dont sell "good guy guns" that are semi-auto cheap enough.

The ammo is dirt cheap compared to a .30 or anything larger.
I can also buy hollowpoints...... which, theoretically are SAFER than FMJ because of the increased tendancy to stay within the body of the target.

I have an AK.

I also have an SKS.

And a .45 pistol.

None of them have ANYTHING to do with dealing drugs. But thanks for the ignorant sterotype of anyone who decides to excersize their rights and defend their LIFE, LIBERTY and PROPERTY as best they can.

"that isnt a home defense weapon" = stupid argument..... come and try to break into my house.....

From the AK alone, I get 30 rounds before re-loading....

So bring your friends too. :grin:

I can "home defend" the FUCK out of my house.

Inital firearm purchase was placed because the police are a GOOD 20 minutes away........

With a .22 and a decent aim, you could slay just as many people as with an AK in just about the same amount of time..........

In fact..... you are probably BETTER off with a decent 5 round bolt action hunting rifle..... since AKs are not exactly renowned for their accuracy.

you win.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#11406963 - 11/07/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:

i dont know about all that other stuff but it burns my ass when people use :sad: where they are supposed to use :crankey:

i wish there was a purple crankey. why no purple crankey?

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11407006 - 11/07/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe the poster was sad, but not cranky...

InvisibleKnotHardly
Stranger

Loc: Wouldn't You Like To Know
    #11424768 - 11/10/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This one is easy, he was in a trailer park, the hissing of the pc would alert anyone in the immediate area. if they got halfway close to the trailer when it was venting, they sure could smell something funky and combined with the sound of the pc hissing away might make them think meth. Im always scared my friends neighbors are gonna hear his and do the same thing to him

--------------------
"I collect mold, spores, and fungus."
~E. Spengler

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: KnotHardly]
    #11426161 - 11/10/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That true, I didn't think about the loud-ass PC. That would sound odd and alarming coming from a trailor.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#11426381 - 11/10/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

AA pcs make no hissing and vent no steam and they allegedly last a lifetime (I had a cheapo 21qrt for 1.5 years before it was bowed and leaking).Nobody who's tried one for this hobby recommends anything else.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11426442 - 11/10/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not everyone has the All American one. I have a cheap small one.

It still works just fine, hobby wise.

Maybe it isn't ideal for large scale mushroom dealing operations, but it is just fine for a mycological hobby.

And how can it not vent steam or hiss? I've never used one so I am quite curious.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#11426596 - 11/10/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It has a pressure gauge and a valve. You bring it up to enough a boil so that steam is leaving the valve and then close the valve and you will not see anymore steam until you are finished. All you have to do is wander over to the PC and adjust and check the pressure ever so often so that it does not get too high or too low. Then you don't open the valve until the pressure is at 0 or your in your clean lab with it or whatever your customs are for sterile air.

This way there is unlikely to be boil-dry problems when doing bags(which need to be PCed for 2 hours) as well, because a lack of steam released means that the amount of water that is in the bottom at the beginning is more or less the amount you should have at the end.

My stove-top AA 925 is definitely my favorite new toy.

Edited by ScavengerType (11/10/09 02:12 PM)

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11426616 - 11/10/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good to know. Thanks!

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

#11430527 - 11/11/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Man fuck all these theories.  He was obviously snitched.  There is not ONE SINGLE ASPECT of mushroom growing that will smell bad enough to to just all of a sudden get your door kicked in except snitches.

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #11430812 - 11/11/09 02:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Have you ever done WBS in a weight style PC? He likely had to do at least 40+ batches to get that many jars. Imagine the concentration of smell if he did those all in relative succession over 4-6 days. Imagine if he did 2 batches a day for 2 weeks or 1 a day for an entire month.

I've seen reports all the time where police cite being tipped off, so I don't see reasons they would lie about it here. In fact this situation points the blame squarely on one of his neighbors who would have reported him.

This is fairly unprofessional anyway though, anyone doing that quantity should be doing spawnbags and have an AA pc anyway. I mean 400 jars and a shit PC must have cost near enough to buy enough jars, the bags and the AA pc.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#11431686 - 11/11/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:
Man fuck all these theories.  He was obviously snitched.  There is not ONE SINGLE ASPECT of mushroom growing that will smell bad enough to to just all of a sudden get your door kicked in except snitches.

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Me thinks Mr. Thewes ran his mouth off to the the wrong person.

:yesnod:

OfflineSoonerFan2297
Stranger
    #11498047 - 11/21/09 10:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, you are so ignorant, what makes you think he didn't purchase the AK a couple years just to own one and it had nothing to do with the mushrooms whatsoever??

OfflineSoonerFan2297
Stranger
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #11498052 - 11/21/09 10:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, and could probably name the kid that snitched on him...

OfflineSoonerFan2297
Stranger
Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: djcube]
    #11498063 - 11/21/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That is 100% accurate

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: SoonerFan2297]
    #11498095 - 11/21/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#11499052 - 11/21/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Do you think that like weed most people growing even in large amounts dont get busted, and this is where all the black market shrooms come from?

it would be hard to be a lot of small ops, i just grow for myself i have never bought them but i know people who have

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: SoonerFan2297]
    #11499634 - 11/21/09 03:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SoonerFan2297 said:
Wow, you are so ignorant, what makes you think he didn't purchase the AK a couple years just to own one and it had nothing to do with the mushrooms whatsoever??

ignorant no, just stereotyping.
don't worry about it, it has been discussed and there has been a conclusion.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Police say Portage man was growning psilocybin mushrooms....[IN] [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11505076 - 11/22/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
Do you think that like weed most people growing even in large amounts don't get busted, and this is where all the black market shrooms come from?

it would be hard to be a lot of small ops, i just grow for myself i have never bought them but i know people who have

Well IME supply can be much more variable with mushrooms, suggesting a lot more fluctuation in suppliers. However, this is likely to do with the smaller size and particularities of the mushroom market. I suspect that large ops account for shroom supplies, but that depends on how you categorize a large op as well. For example, conventional large ops for weed take a few rooms in a house, with living space an entire house. However mushroom cultivators could easily make a "large op" in a single room. We can surely say that anyone who sets up 2 greenhouses is doing a large op right? One could even have a relatively sterile lab in a closet or made out of that plasticboard stuff you put your science fair projects on when you were a kid. I think there are some producers here who could, if properly focused, turn out enough to be called a "large op" in their closets. I doubt this leads to a reduction in busts though, as using less space only encourages people to do larger scale ops in apartments and other places weed growers wouldn't consider. One of the reasons I'm only doing gourmet atm.

Then there's ubber large growers like this one from a bust.

How many smaller scale growers would it take to produce that quantity? Think of the cost advantages that come from having an economy of scale here. That grow can't have been MS, it had to be a potent isolate. There is no way small scale can compete with this size of an operation if quantity is the value of measurement you are using.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom