Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefordrew

What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad?
    #11379160 - 11/03/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a question I can't seem to find, and seems to be a rarely rarely asked question.

What does it mean when a mushroom is cracker dry?  Do they have to crunch and flake when they get squeezed? (like crackers?)

My mushrooms seem dried but if you squeeze them it feels like you are squeezing a folded piece of cardboard or something.  The caps though seem more drier than the stems.

How do I know if my mushrooms have been dried properly?  What are some indications that are visible when they have not been dried (BESIDES visible mold growing on them).  Any particular smell to them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: fordrew]
    #11379235 - 11/03/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you got them about 90% dry. When my shrooms are at that point they then go into a desicant chamber. Damprid with a screen above to hold the shrooms. I keep them in there for another 3 or 4 days then store in a mason jar with the silica packs you find everywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #11379242 - 11/03/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

im still trying to find this damprid... any suggestions?

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinefordrew

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11379251 - 11/03/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I heard you can go to any shoe place and ask for dessicants... they may give you some for free but ask for alot and say its for ALL of your girl's shoes or something! ^^

Not sure about this claim though as I have never tried it yet.

And yea, I guess they are not dried yet if they can still be squeezed.  I may have to throw them in a low temperature oven .

Offlinejerrylove
little bit further then I was
 User Gallery

Loc: shakedown street
Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11379278 - 11/03/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can get it at walmart in the laundry isle.

--------------------
:mushroom2:THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK!:mad:THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CANT TALK.:smile: (Timothy Leary):mushroom2:
"Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed they don't mean quit so much except you get hang out with your workin' friends" Les Claypool

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: jerrylove]
    #11379283 - 11/03/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jerrylove said:
You can get it at walmart in the laundry isle.

and its called damprid? i swear i looked for it, maybe i missed it:shrug:

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: jerrylove]
    #11379285 - 11/03/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cracker dry means dry like a cracker. Take a cracker and snap it in half, does you're mushroom do that?

Offlinefordrew

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: Breakfast Crew]
    #11379299 - 11/03/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Breakfast Crew said:
Cracker dry means dry like a cracker. Take a cracker and snap it in half, does you're mushroom do that?

yea, I need to go dry my mushies more then!  They just feel cardboard like when I try to snap them.  I suppose they are almost dried.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11379307 - 11/03/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
im still trying to find this damprid... any suggestions?

They have it at Food Lion, Walmart, Dollar Store, Harris Teeter, Lowes, etc. Pretty common around here.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11379354 - 11/03/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i went to the walmart website and its not even on there. so it is called damprid right?

--------------------

Offlinejerrylove
 User Gallery

#11379414 - 11/03/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ya I'm fairly confadent that it is damprid I saw a three pack for like 8 bucks.

--------------------
:mushroom2:THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK!:mad:THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CANT TALK.:smile: (Timothy Leary):mushroom2:
"Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed they don't mean quit so much except you get hang out with your workin' friends" Les Claypool

Offlinefordrew

#11379415 - 11/03/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea, I can't seem to search for it on walmart's website.. they sell it at the home depot, ace hardware store, bed bath and beyond, container store, Lowe's....

Offlinepipe dope
ghetto plumber
Male

Loc: windy shitty
    #11379427 - 11/03/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I always see damprid in walgreens.
Also epsom salt works but you have to pop it in the oven first, not sure how all that works.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11379432 - 11/03/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. Will be in some sort of package with this logo; they have multiple different products.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinejerrylove
 User Gallery

#11379442 - 11/03/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ya I'm fairly confadent that it is damprid I saw a three pack for like 8 bucks.

--------------------

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #11379645 - 11/03/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: What is considered "cracker dry"? How do I know if my mushrooms go bad? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #11379685 - 11/03/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

awsome thanks for the help!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck