Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLivioDoubleFang
Outlaw of the Midwest
Male

Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out!
    #11378428 - 11/03/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So I just acquired through a girlfriend of mine, her father owns some horses and shit, and well, I now have 60 lbs or shit waiting to be used.  It has some bedding in with it and the clumps are all relatively small, and when I break them apart its still a bit moist but rather dry as well in places. Also, it doesnt really have such a strong pissy ammonium smell, just a hint of it.  I am just asking for an expert opinion, but can I use the poo as it is and mix it with some organic soil, maybe add a lil hydrated lime to it as well as H2O, then nuke the whole mix and use as is, would that be pastuerized enough for use??  Please, all opinions are needed.....also, I can get this shit in bulk anytime, so if anyone out there reading this would like some Hpoo, send me a private message and we can work out the details.

--------------------
Race/Strain Varieties

Want/Trade List

Vendor List

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"    -Gandhi

“I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coastguard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable” - Alexander Shulgin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: LivioDoubleFang]
    #11378501 - 11/03/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that poo looks a lil wet to me
what you want to do is separate all the poo from the shavings
and toss them
lay it out on a tarp
so it can get rained on and dry out naturally
this will leach all the piss out of it

then wait till it is completely dry before
you use it it should crumble in your hands
when you break it up

it should also smell like grass and dirt
not like urine then you are ready to use

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: LivioDoubleFang]
    #11378505 - 11/03/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know how to recover it to usable condition, but it sounds like it hasn't fully "aged" yet. I just now zoomed the pic.. yeah, it was just swept up from the stall..huh? It will need to be aged.. maybe someone else has a method to speed that up.

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11378665 - 11/03/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can't stress this enough.
If hpoo is new to you, you will absolutely HAVE to be anal about your pasteurization methods. let me say it another way.....you will absolutely HAVE to be anal about your pasteurization methods!!  :smile:
There is very little or no room for error when using fresh caught poop.
It's great stuff but it isn't coir. So find a method that sounds good to you and follow it exactly. Otherwise your compost pile is going to grow exponentially!!!  But when you get it right, you will love it.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

OfflineThaiTea
Superconnected
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #11378720 - 11/03/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the poo i gathered was spread all over the gardens at my house so im hoping that the pee was leeched out of it. I plan on gettin oven bags to pasteurize will that be "anal" enough?

--------------------
"I take comfort in the fact that my true purpose in life will make perfect sense mathmatically, but will be discovered through the construction of an avant garde art project done by a 6th grader with aspergers twenty years from today.

Could the presence of Junkies account for all these uneaten french fries?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: ThaiTea]
    #11378752 - 11/03/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

most stalls put ceder chips/shavings on the floors to soak up piss and other byproducts on the floors so if you have ceder pieces in it thats not good.  ceder has a natural antifungal property to it so it doesnt do well if used. just a heads up 4 ya.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: Using Hpoo for the first time, help a brother out! [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11378797 - 11/03/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, cedar = not good.
As far as your pasteurization method only time will tell.
I just know I had a hell of a time getting it right and would probably mess it up again if I tried it and didn't really pay attention.
I only said that because I lost a lot of tubs due to not doing it right so I thought that if I stressed the importance to you, maybe you would have better luck than I did. I want you to succeed and thought maybe I could save you some frustration by saying to just do your best to get it right that's all.

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder