Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult?
    #11378201 - 11/03/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My direction and focus in life has changed completely in the past year.  I've chalked it up to "becoming an adult," whatever that means..  It's the only explanation I have.

My entire focus in life used to be about comfort and leisure.  Something I think most young people can relate to.  My usual interests like friends, bodybuilding, video games, partying.. all seemed to fade away almost overnight.  Suddenly the only things I can focus on are college, careers, and seeing the world.

I knew this would happen eventually, I just didn't expect it all to change so quickly.  I feel like I couldn't go back even if I wanted to.  Can anyone else relate to this?

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #11378245 - 11/03/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ill let u know when it happens:thumbup:

Anonymous #1

Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11378264 - 11/03/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

not pinpoint one specific time/event.  it's been and still is a transition, though the last four years have brought much growth

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #11381580 - 11/04/09 03:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Same thing has happened to me over the past year.

I am still transitioning lifewise but am about to move to another city in order to pursue my trade.

I think this will probably be the biggest step in my development away from adolescence, physically leaving my friends and comfort zone in search of something better/different.

Everything you posted, rings true in my life right now.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11381689 - 11/04/09 04:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Right?

Powertrip-

i dig on when i was 17 i knew
i was done with dependence.. just knew it.

other than that,
Nope.

ive done travelin, workin, schoolin
and helpin raise some chillins.

and im still thinkin im a kid..

so i guess my answers no.

0-27 ..fluid evolution

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: shaggy101]
    #11382193 - 11/04/09 08:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's happened to me over the course of the past few years.  It's called maturing :shrug:

OfflineDarkMoon21
Child In Time
Male

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: memes]
    #11382324 - 11/04/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nope, I find my growth has just been a steady flow. Building off other experiences, no real sudden drop off into the depths of "maturity" and "adulthood". Sure, I'm a working man that brings home the bread, but I'm still very much a child at heart. My heart still aches when I watch the lion king, I still play capture the flag and hide and seek, I even eat cheese and crackers and apple slices and watch after-school specials sometimes after work. I'll admit, that snack is usually preceeded by a bong chop, and there's alot more questions about the moral intent behind TJ pranking King Bob by putting a woopie cushion under his seat. Extreme political revolutionary in the works? I think so. Even so, I definitely look at the world with the eyes of my inner child, it makes things much more fun. Life to me is a jungle gym!

I'm going to be travelling soon, down the west coast all the way through to South America, with the maingoal of a shamanic ayahuasca experience and that promises to teach me a few things about life and being a man, but I'll always have the tree climbing, frog catching kid in me.

--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: DarkMoon21]
    #11387960 - 11/04/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think for me maybe around 22-23. But I will always have the kid inside me.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #11392072 - 11/05/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:
ill let u know when it happens:thumbup:

I hope it never happens... :shrug:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #11392577 - 11/05/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I used to be quite addicted to MMORPGs. I played Final Fantasy XI for 2 years during high school and my freshmen year in college. When World of Warcraft came out, I played that for about a year. Generally, I just considered myself a "gamer". I identified with it, and most of my friends were "gamers". Thats what we would do when we hung out. I'd be on my computer every day for over 5 hours or more...playing into the night.

One day, after a rather intense trip on mushrooms.....I just totally stopped all of it. I deleted my WoW account (much to the shock of my roommate who I played with all the time), and almost completely stopped playing video games. I came to the realization that I was using video games as a means of escaping from the real world....as a means of distracting myself and entertaining myself, since I wasn't really that social.

I decided that I wanted to do "real" things with my life instead. I made a commitment to being more active....to getting out of my house more, to making new friendships, to finding new hobbies.

What this realization resulted in was....I began to smoke weed every day, which was way more than I ever used to. I partied and drank much more frequently. I began to loose focus on my classes...and I convinced myself that I didn't even really want to be in college. I failed 3 classes and almost dropped out. Eventually I had to take a semester off just to figure out what I was doing and to get my head on straight.

I can see now how much being a "gamer" was a significant part of my life. It pretty much defined me and my friendships. Once I no longer had that escape to go into, I became severely depressed and lost touch with myself. I was facing reality and my life head on and I had never realized before that playing video games was my form of pressure release.

Its been kind of a long road since then, but I think I've come a long way as a person. I've learned so much about myself, and how I relate to other people. I see all my problems for what they are and instead of avoiding them, I am actively trying to understand them.

I often wish I was still a child though.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #11393003 - 11/05/09 06:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nevar
i will continue to consume copious amounts of entheogens only to grow younger!

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: deranger]
    #11396748 - 11/06/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think that distinction's necessary at all. I am who I am -- always have been, always will be.

Rather than focusing on becoming more 'adult-like,' I'd just like to work on self improvement. :shrug:

OfflineDarkMoon21
Child In Time
Male

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: Cameron]
    #11397469 - 11/06/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:
I don't think that distinction's necessary at all. I am who I am -- always have been, always will be.

Rather than focusing on becoming more 'adult-like,' I'd just like to work on self improvement. :shrug:

This is truth.

--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: DarkMoon21]
    #11398181 - 11/06/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

there were times in my life where I looked around and told myself "I have finally reached adulthood" but I have come to realise that I thought that prematurly. I no longer know what it feels like to be a kid and no longer know what is to be an adult.... So to answer your question, I guess I am in that transition period now

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Can you identify a specific time in your life when you transitioned into an adult? [Re: danlennon3]
    #11399358 - 11/06/09 03:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm 20, and I still feel nowhere near being an "adult." I don't know if I ever will:awesome:. I'm just a kid at heart I guess.

I've been supporting myself for the past 2 years too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies