Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineastrogenic
Stranger
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Mushroom decriminalization
    #11294444 - 10/21/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Are there any efforts being made to decriminalize mushroom usage. Any online petitions? The penalties for being caught are just crazy. :frown::sad:

--------------------
:1up: :regularshroom: :poison:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: Mushroom decriminalization [Re: astrogenic]
    #11363472 - 11/01/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

None that I'm aware of.  It seems like everything is geared towards legalizing pot with mushrooms never being brought up. Maybe once pot is legal the masses and governments will be much more open to legalizing shrooms and all other plant/fungus/bark materials.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom decriminalization [Re: mr.bixby]
    #11377823 - 11/03/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

MAPS is working on making psilocybin available by prescription.

I don't anyone is putting any effort into decriminalization or legalization these days.  Small steps first...

There aren't many organizations dedicated to legalizing all drugs.  The Drug Policy Alliance may be the only one.  Maybe LEAP.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Mushroom decriminalization [Re: astrogenic]
    #11400844 - 11/06/09 08:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps "efforts" are being made.  They are quite far from being A reality at this point.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Mushroom decriminalization [Re: badchad]
    #11446471 - 11/13/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How can we change this?  Obviously there are legitimate reasons that all psychedelics should not be a class I drug such as they have been found to aid in treatment of addiction, cluster headaches, ptsd, and stuff like that.  Those are legitimate medical purposes.  I think a lot can be learned from the marijuana reform movement.  How could we take the methods they've used and apply them here?  I'm waiting for a day where a marijuana dispensary is a "natural medicine dispensary" and you can get not just mj but a variety of entheogens and other natural medicines.

Even so though, the marijuana reform movement has yet to advance to the place of decriminalization/legalization, except for in a select few places.  How can we change this as well?

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Mushroom decriminalization [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11447385 - 11/13/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
MAPS is working on making psilocybin available by prescription.

This is the best anyone is currently doing. You have to think of the reason to do it. MAPS is supplying a medical reason, which is key. Spiritual reasons are garbage to the US Government, no matter what you believe. It's a sad thing, but it's how the US works.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies