Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Panaeolina Foenisecii
    #11370285 - 11/02/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Check these....nope still can't attach pics

Edited by Silverwolf (06/29/10 06:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Forest Hunting [Re: Silverwolf]
    #11370314 - 11/02/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Upload your pictures to the shroomery in a non-proprietary format, please.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #11370328 - 11/02/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Are you asking for an ID or just wanting to show pictures?

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Forest Hunting [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11370401 - 11/02/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

meaning..?

I wanted to talk about these and show some pics.
Equine substrate...

http://www.mushroomjohn.org/panaeolina1.htm

I have jpeg files saved, but my urls do not cut and paste. Simple solution for the barbarous Brit please?

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (11/02/09 03:55 PM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#11370416 - 11/02/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

click on pics under where it says your name on the top lefy then click upload.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Forest Hunting [Re: fliped]
    #11370443 - 11/02/09 03:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well doh..!

You could just check my shared pictures for now. I'll finish opening the gallery.

Edited by Silverwolf (11/02/09 04:15 PM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#11370491 - 11/02/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
Well doh..!

ha. trust me you are not the first to ask that queston.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Forest Hunting [Re: fliped]
    #11370829 - 11/02/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You'll find my pics on page 17 of "S" (yes there are that many "S"s and more at The Shroomery!) in "The Members Gallery", check 'em out...

For past friends I've stuck some of my Afropips/Mandala "Safari Blast" "Cotton Bud" under L.E.Ds in there too

To be safe I intend to spirit extract the Foenisecii and sample in 5-25ml measures after 6 months or so. I've seen flat topped semilanceata grow right next to these things and they look exactly the same. The foenisecii do have a pronounced semilanceata like nipple but more pronounced -"adanate"?- gills. Big ones I've seen look like thick,fat,solid semilanceata (liberty caps) with a black ring 2-3ml thick! Do these morphological changes take place only in areas with significant horse-improved substrate? Does this also indicate the mushrooms possible psychoactive nature? My experiences with foenisecii have been limited but they have been interesting enough for me to want to continue my research into them carefully.

"The question of the suspected psychoactive properties of P. foenisecii, which allegedly caused hallucinations in three young children (described above), three teen-agers (Cooles 1980), and two elderly ladies (Allen 1988b), is confused by conflicting observations of mycologists and other investigators who have studied this species. There is some mycological disagreement regarding the natural production and presence of psilocybin and psilocin in Panaeolina foenisecii. Some have even referred to the suspected appearance of these alkaloids in this species as sporadic (Ola'h 1970).

Panaeolina foenisecii was first investigated for the presence of indole compounds by Tyler and Smith (1963). They detected no psilocybin or psilocin in the specimens they analyzed, but did report the occurrence of 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), along with 5-hydroxytryptophan, and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid. Two years later, Holden (1965) reported a suspected poisoning in a young English boy who became ill with tachycardia and mydriasis after allegedly consuming Panaeolina foenisecii). Specimens of the fungus collected in England and examined by Holden in 1969, contained no detectable psilocybin or psilocin (Mantle & Waight 1969).

Ola'h (1968a; 1968b; 1969; 1970) studied this species and described it as being 'latent psilocybian' (i.e., only producing these compounds sporadically). Robbers et al. (1969), reported detection of psilocybin in two collections of P. foenisecii, -- one from Lafayette, Indiana, and another from Quebec, Canada. A third collection of the fungus, from Seattle, Washington, did not contain psilocybin.

In 1972 Fiusello and Ceruti-Scurti reported analysis of an Italian collection of P. foenisecii and found psilocybin present in one of two samples. Specimens collected during the spring of 1972 in Seattle, Washington tested negative (Enos 1972; Brolyn 1990). Later that same year, Miller (1972) commented on a case of poisoning that occurred earlier in 1966, in which this fungus was eaten by a four year old boy who "...was rendered comatose for a short time." Two years later, Southcott (1974) reported the above cited Australian case.

Specimens of P. foenisecii collected near Canberra, Australia were analyzed by R.W. Rickards (cf. Southcott 1974) and were reported as being psilocybin negative. Ott (1976), citing Robbers et al. (1969) as his source, noted that P. foenisecii specimens from Ontario and Indiana were tested as psilocybin positive. The specimens referred to above were actually collected in Quebec and Indiana. Ott (1974-1975) later mentioned that he himself ingested a large number of the "haymaker's mushroom collected near Olympia, Washington; he reported no noticeable effects.

Pollock (1976) based the following statement on a study by Ola'h (1970) involving five samples of P. foenisecii (four from Quebec and one from Paris); "two from Quebec contained both psilocybin and psilocin, whereas the one from Paris and one of the two other samples from Quebec contained psilocybin."

'chemical analysis have revealed traces of psilocybin in certain strains, but [the] material I tested was inactive."

In 1982, Beug and Bigwood published their analysis of two collections of Psathyrella foenisecii (syn, P. foenisecii) collected in 1978 from the Pacific Northwest. They reported the fungus specimens to be void of any psilocybin or psilocin.

Comparative analyses using specimens of Copelandia cyanescens from the Hawaiian Islands shows that both of Leonard's collections of Panaeolina foenisecii from Massachusetts contain characteristic compounds of Panaeolus species. These include urea, serotonin and its precursor 5?hydroxytryptophan. Although tryptophan might also present, there is definitely no psilocybin or psilocin, (i.e., 0.01% dry weight). Also the absence of bufotonin (5-hydroxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine) suggests that the fungi is not able to methylate serotonin (Stijve et al., 1984). The results in figure 2 show the difference."

From www.mushroomjohn.org

Yeah,yeah but somehow...M "Manaz" The Horse = movement (especially of The Sun), The Runes suggest this "wandering merchant" may wish to trade!

Oh and by they way their chemistry mirrors my alchemy...

"These include urea, serotonin and its precursor 5?hydroxytryptophan. Although tryptophan might also present, there is definitely no psilocybin or psilocin, (i.e., 0.01% dry weight). Also the absence of bufotonin (5-hydroxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine) suggests that the fungi is not able to methylate serotonin (Stijve et al., 1984).2

However, I believe their may be a trigger from which bufotonin results and that therefore the seratonin can be used  (methylated)...by the shroom and therefore us.

Edited by Silverwolf (11/03/09 05:26 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#11374759 - 11/03/09 05:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Tactical boost...comments on above anyone?

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

Offlineimachameleon
Fun guy
Male

Loc: Western Oregon
    #11377455 - 11/03/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have wondered about this too because my normal mushroom handbook lists these as hallucinogenic, but the way people on this site treat them it seems like if they are it's so weak and unreliable they're not worth picking to get high. It would be interesting if someone would try growing them with an indole-enhanced substrate, to boost whatever low levels of psilocybin or other alkaloids that might be produced. You should read about the pathways of production of psilocybin in mushrooms.

--------------------
"It is not your sin, it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto
heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!
  Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the
frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
  Behold, I teach you the Superman. He is this lightning. He is this frenzy."
~ Thus Spoke Zarathustra

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Forest Hunting [Re: imachameleon]
    #12825032 - 06/29/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

imachameleon said:
I have wondered about this too because my normal mushroom handbook lists these as hallucinogenic, but the way people on this site treat them it seems like if they are it's so weak and unreliable they're not worth picking to get high. It would be interesting if someone would try growing them with an indole-enhanced substrate, to boost whatever low levels of psilocybin or other alkaloids that might be produced. You should read about the pathways of production of psilocybin in mushrooms.

Relevant my Elephant!
Hi Guys! BIG CHEEESEY GRINNNNNNNNNNN.....

"Weak?!" "Weak??!!!"

A handful of ....(a "yes dear you may") and a little taste of gin leave to mellow and...."What dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause."

(Remember; equine substrate and look for similar morphology to semilanceata -I have been carefully dosing this stuff in alcohol only, be advised-)

Edited by Silverwolf (06/29/10 06:17 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#13374911 - 10/23/10 06:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/usergallery.php?gallery=116655&folder=

This years..any comments on morphology (two are "Liberty Caps", "Haymaker" is the local name for "active"Foenisecii)?

From my own experience I would say that when active these shrooms are unlike any other psilocybe that I know of. Closer to the ammanita experience in some ways with a strong "whiff" (as I intimated before) of "bufo" about them (it seems that these shrooms may be "existentially veracit" -to para-phrase T McKenna-).
Found growing in and on horse and pony crap where the animals were present during the harvest, so if these are not "the business" in terms of activity (given these supposedly "perfect conditions"), I don't know what would be (anyone want a sample of the extract to analyse?).
We picked 1-200 hundred approx. today (locals tell me that strength can vary from year to year).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/23/10 06:28 AM)

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
    #13378959 - 10/24/10 02:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Doesn't look like foenisecii. From your habitat description (Found growing in and on horse and pony crap) my guess is panaeolus subbalteatus (cinctulus) but doesn't look like them. Some of yours have a very distinct nipple. Looks more like some kind of psilocybe (or deconica coprophila). But it is very hard to see anything, crappy photos.

In what dose did you find them active?

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: Forest Hunting [Re: knarkkorven]
    #13378985 - 10/24/10 02:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Is the nipple supposed to be important?  I have observed both P. cinctulus and P. foenisecii having one as well as not having one so...? :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale