Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Libs + Police = ?
    #11376666 - 11/03/09 12:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok.... the other day after the rain i decided i was going to go out this Tuesday and get a few more libs - was hoping around the 100-200 figure.... Anyway this afternoon came so me and my brother set out on our short drive to a new field we spotted on google maps behind one that we have already started picking from. We get there and before we reach the new field have to walk through were we've picked from already so get down start looking and get about 30 normal sized libs. Then we head to our new field and after approx 10 mins started finding our little friends..... Then it decided to piss down with rain so we stop for a bit and take shelter under a near by tree. Me wanting to make the most of our picking time before the light starts to fade heads back out (in the rain and carries on looking)...... Its strange because i never thought it would happen to me being my first year hunting and living so damn close to London but there were literally thousands and because it was long grass the stripes were soooo long and pretty meaty too.  Some of the caps we found today were ABSOLUTELY HUGE !!!!!  Ive seen so many pics on here of big caps but have only ever found smaller ones so to find huge libs was such a rush of excitement. Now it gets slightly worse....:eek:

We were picking all we can when i noticed someone in the field opposite faffing about in the stables so we decided we should probably leave as to not be seen and risk getting caught..... BUT there were so many and we just couldn't help picking a few more....:grin:

So when we finally decide times getting on a bit we can all ways come back another time, there's certainly no shortage or rush! We started walking back through the field and climbed the gate to the first field and just as we got over a car pulled up at the top of the hill... i ducked in the grass as to not be so obvious but my brother decides don't worry about it and carries on walking and looking at the grass.  Then they started to drive around the fencing at the top and as soon as i could see through the front window screen I could see the white shirt and stab proof vest.... Essex police... PERFECT :sad:

I slyly layed my bag in the long grass and figured its too late to run now lets just see what happens.  They pull up and start asking questions - what are we doing... to which my brother replies ermm looking for mushrooms...... by this time i was absolutely shitting myself thinking i might as well open the door of his car and get in :grin: ..... Then he said "are they off the magic variety" and my brother shrugged and said "any"..... then i looked down and realized he was still holding his box of shrooms with all these liberty caps bulging out the top :eek:

The copper obviously saw them but they didn't do a thing :confused: It was so obvious what we had and why we were there but we just went along with everything told the truth and was really polite about everything..... they didn't even get out the car in the end. Tuns out the stable worker had called them because she was 'scared' and wondered what we were doing in the field... The police just said its private land you should have asked the land owner first.... He told us the guys name pointed us in the right direction and was on his way....

As soon as they were out of sight i legged it back to were i layed my little guys down and walked back to the car....... and now i get to share my days finds with you guys....:grin:

Im thinking we were pretty lucky today and next time we go back are definitely going to ask the land owner to avoid any re-occurrence of today.....

WHAT A DAY :crazy2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsht0n
love ♥
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ellan Vannin Flag
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: dicky21]
    #11376725 - 11/03/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's a lucky escape! It's good to hear that the police were not heavy handed like they often can be.

Nice haul of shrooms you had as well. :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Asht0n]
    #11376844 - 11/03/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome story and lucky day.

I have been stopped before while picking here in the states and I just began to ramble on about 'Birch boletes', and 'Pleurotus ostreatus', and 'slippery jacks' and they left.

OfflineYawnusprog
Stranger
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11376996 - 11/03/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

in cork-ireland we would of gotten beaten to death :P

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Yawnusprog]
    #11377021 - 11/03/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No we wouldn't.

--------------------

Offlinedxharms
Confidential Informant
Male User Gallery

Loc: Low Places
    #11377026 - 11/03/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

maybe hes a cool dude and you will have your own private field. good to hear a story where a cop is not a dickhead.

--------------------
<----obeys all laws and never questions authority.

mystery mush n ?

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: dxharms]
    #11377338 - 11/03/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeh.... i never seem to get things in my favour too.... so Ill probably head back later in the week and try to find the guy.... just explain what we doing and that we wont be abusing his land etc. and hopefully he'll be as nice as the police we spoke to :thumbup:

Never been so scared in all my life ....  :poop:

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: dxharms]
    #11377624 - 11/03/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wow beautiful specimens, glad everything worked out for you and really hope you enjoy those :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Beege]
    #11377643 - 11/03/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im going to :grin: ... thanks Beege

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    #11377832 - 11/03/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, your brother had the right idea.

Don't hide from the cops, you are just picking mushrooms.  If you treat them like they are just mushrooms, and admit that you are just some overzealous weirdo who likes to pick random mushrooms to identify, and just couldn't resist the appeal of that grassy field, then they will almost always leave you alone. 

I have been questioned SO many times, usually by random people, but sometimes by cops.  Most of the time I am just picking random mushrooms, not actives.  But I have never heard of anyone having a problem when they play the biology nerd card.

Nice pickings, by the way.

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: CureCat]
    #11377861 - 11/03/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks CureCat..... my brothers all ways been the quick thinker and is all ways chilled in situations like that... Don't know what id do without him :shrug:

What are big brothers for aye :thumbup:

Next time ill get permission first, but im definitely going to learn from this experience and hopefully keep what Ive learnt and put it into practice if ever the situation happens again.

--------------------

OfflineJonasQuim
Psychopscilocybin
 User Gallery

#11377901 - 11/03/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Meaty as fck liberties there brother!

--------------------
"The weekend has landed...
All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did..."

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: JonasQuim]
    #11377907 - 11/03/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup::crazy2: ... thanks Jonas

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11377911 - 11/03/09 03:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Actually, your brother had the right idea.

Don't hide from the cops, you are just picking mushrooms.  If you treat them like they are just mushrooms, and admit that you are just some overzealous weirdo who likes to pick random mushrooms to identify, and just couldn't resist the appeal of that grassy field, then they will almost always leave you alone. 

I have been questioned SO many times, usually by random people, but sometimes by cops.  Most of the time I am just picking random mushrooms, not actives.  But I have never heard of anyone having a problem when they play the biology nerd card.

Nice pickings, by the way.

Genius.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11377922 - 11/03/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

very good advice... and proof that its better than instinctively running, denying and lying :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Asht0n]
    #11377961 - 11/03/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Asht0n said:
That's a lucky escape! It's good to hear that the police were not heavy handed like they often can be.

There is one good thing about cops in rural areas: there often isn't much to entertain the youth and the cops that grew up there know that they've done the same shit as the youth they are supposed to watch over now. If they have a heart they'll look the other way if they know what you are doing is harmless. Not all cops are retards with an IQ of the average room temperature.
In the cities where everything is totally anonymous and the general atmosphere is more aggressive it's a whole different story, of course.
I am not one of the people that have a hateful attitude towards cops in general. They've cut me plenty of slack during my wild years when I was young.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11377976 - 11/03/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Quote:

Asht0n said:

There is one good thing about cops in rural areas: there often isn't much to entertain the youth and the cops that grew up there know that they've done the same shit as the youth they are supposed to watch over now. If they have a heart they'll look the other way if they know what you are doing is harmless. Not all cops are retards with an IQ of the average room temperature.
In the cities where everything is totally anonymous and the general atmosphere is more aggressive it's a whole different story, of course.
I am not one of the people that have a hateful attitude towards cops in general. They've cut me plenty of slack during my wild years when I was young.

+1 ...... absolutely!!! .... at the end of the day there only doing their job. They actually seemed really alright.

--------------------

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
    #11377999 - 11/03/09 03:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

glad they treated you right!

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #11378007 - 11/03/09 03:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: .. so am I !  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11378042 - 11/03/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:

Same for me.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    #11378160 - 11/03/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There is always the chance that you will get harassed by a cop with a bad attitude, but all of my experiences with cops have been rather pleasant...  And I actually dislike cops, as a general rule.  They are not all individually bad people, and if you don't act like a criminal around them, they usually remain calm and reasonable as well.

I am much more concerned about picking in places with low crime levels, as the police tend to be bored.  In places with a lot of activity or crime, they don't have the time or interest to question every crazy person they see lurking around in bushes.

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11378179 - 11/03/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:

I am much more concerned about picking in places with low crime levels, as the police tend to be bored.  In places with a lot of activity or crime, they don't have the time or interest to question every crazy person they see lurking around in bushes.

I live in London so definitely see where your coming from..... there's plenty of other 'crimes' they could be dealing with here.

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost in Spaceeeee
    #11378259 - 11/03/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice libs man. And not all cops are jerks. Next time just listen to Curecat and never admit knowing what they are. Your just trying to ID. Another tip is always pick a variety of different mushrooms it'll make your case more believable. Tell the property owner your looking for edibles such as oysters or field mushrooms Agaricus campestris he might let you go and there's you own field

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Time Ed]
    #11378277 - 11/03/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Time Ed said:
Nice libs man. And not all cops are jerks. Next time just listen to Curecat and never admit knowing what they are. Your just trying to ID. Another tip is always pick a variety of different mushrooms it'll make your case more believable. Tell the property owner your looking for edibles such as oysters or field mushrooms Agaricus campestris he might let you go and there's you own field

Its funny you should mention that (variety of mushrooms) because when we were in the car on the way back that's exactly what we thought we should do from now on to save our asses.

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11378325 - 11/03/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's definitely circumstantial evidence in your favor

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #11378327 - 11/03/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

if you don't act like a criminal around them, they usually remain calm and reasonable as well.

my experience could not easily differ from this more.

police in many areas work a dangerous job, and are often edgy for reasons that may have nothing to do with you at all. they also perform a job which entails responding to many otherwise uncomfortable situations and people, for which reason, they are often in bad spirits, even though it may have nothing to do with your encounter at all.

for these very different reasons, i still advocate the same approach in interacting with them. calm, reasonable and respectfull. i would also advise behaving in a genuine manner, as it's more personable: e.g. don't try too hard to be respectfull if you obviously don't mean it, it is patroizing and nobody likes to feel patronized. just don't point your discomfort at them. from their perspective they are just doing their job, and whether they are doing it in a reasonable or unreasonable manner, they are going to feel a natural tension if they think you are giving them a hard time for it.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: canid]
    #11378337 - 11/03/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
Quote:

if you don't act like a criminal around them, they usually remain calm and reasonable as well.

police in many areas work a dangerous job, and are often edgy for reasons that may have nothing to do with you at all. they also perform a job which entails responding to many otherwise uncomfortable situations and people, for which reason, they are often in bad spirits, even though it may have nothing to do with your encounter at all.

for these very different reasons, i still advocate the same approach in interacting with them. calm, reasonable and respectfull. i would also advise behaving in a genuine manner, as it's more personable: e.g. don't try too hard to be respectfull if you obviously don't mean it, it is patroizing and nobody likes to feel patronized. just don't point your discomfort at them. from their perspective they are just doing their job, and whether they are doing it in a reasonable or unreasonable manner, they are going to feel a natural tension if they think you are giving them a hard time for it.

Exactly.... also their trained to spot flaws and lies etc. If you act false around them they can see straight through it. As you said just be "calm, reasonable and respectfull"

--------------------

Offlinedeadhead777
Eptokozmism!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mars duuuude
    #11378367 - 11/03/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Yawnusprog said:
in cork-ireland we would of gotten beaten to death :P

In Soviet Russia, shroom picks you!

--------------------

Take me to a circus tent!
Where I can easily pay my rent!
And all the other freaks will share my cares!

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
    #11378389 - 11/03/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
Quote:

i absolutely agree, i live in new jersey... nough said haha
cops in really rich areas always pick on you for like j walking (they have nothing better to do)...
cops in really bad parts are dicks for the reason you said because of extreme crimes...

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11378430 - 11/03/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dicky21 said:

Exactly.... also their trained to spot flaws and lies etc. If you act false around them they can see straight through it. As you said just be "calm, reasonable and respectfull"

Agreed never had a problem unless I started it with my mouth ( which was a quickly learned lesson when I had to walk home for 10 miles).

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11378479 - 11/03/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11379075 - 11/03/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nice!  free and clear - enjoy!

I wonder what happens in rural areas if you pre-register with the local cops, to introduce yourself to let them know you might be seen in weird places because you're an avid mushroom fan?  get some advice on property laws maybe...guess it'd be the luck of the draw, or nobody has ever tried that?

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #11379232 - 11/03/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Great story. I love that feeling when you think you are screwed and then everything turns out fine. Last time a cop came to one of my picking fields he jumped out of a bush and stoped me at gun point and hancuffed me impounded my car and all that fun stuff. Great Haul!!!

Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: fliped]
    #11379315 - 11/03/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fliped said:
Great story. I love that feeling when you think you are screwed and then everything turns out fine. Last time a cop came to one of my picking fields he jumped out of a bush and stoped me at gun point and hancuffed me impounded my car and all that fun stuff. Great Haul!!!

Damn, that sucks!

Great haul though Dicky! Those are some really nice specimens. Glad everything worked out OK for you

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11379472 - 11/03/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fliped said:

man, in retrospect, was there something you could have done other, to avoid that?

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: whoever]
    #11379517 - 11/03/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:
Quote:

fliped said:

man, in retrospect, was there something you could have done other, to avoid that?

Sorta sounds like it was a stake out. Somebody knew what you were doing there. Cops here don't go around sitting in bushes for no reason

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11381744 - 11/04/09 05:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wow.... flipped that must have sucked. :sad:.... As whoever mentioned do you think there was something you could have done to avoid that?

--------------------

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #11387486 - 11/04/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dicky21 said:
wow.... flipped that must have sucked. :sad:.... As whoever mentioned do you think there was something you could have done to avoid that?

Well i was not aware of any reason the police would be staking this place out. I had never seen anyone else out in the field at any point. The only thing is a few years ago they had found a dead body out there but i just think the cops out here get bored and have nothing better to do. It is not the first time i have had a gun pulled on me from a cop for something as simple as being on private property.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #11387700 - 11/04/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Great finds dicky! And good story to.. You must have been relieved when you realized you weren't getting in trouble.

I've only found a couple Liberty Caps ever so congrats on the awesome patch!

Happy Hunting :biggrin:

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #11388460 - 11/04/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

jesus tap dancing christ man!!!

thats one luckey break roight tharrrr:awesome:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Salomon]
    #11388813 - 11/05/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet find guys!

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Coheed88]
    #11389103 - 11/05/09 04:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words saheed, scared and salomon..... yea i was sooo relieved when they drove off ...... i was absolutely shitting myself up until that point :poop:

Flipped.... it does sound like the police round your way are pretty bored.... why don't you give them a huge crime to work on to keep them occupied whilst you go picking :grin: lol

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11389192 - 11/05/09 05:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fliped said:
Well i was not aware of any reason the police would be staking this place out. I had never seen anyone else out in the field at any point. The only thing is a few years ago they had found a dead body out there but i just think the cops out here get bored and have nothing better to do. It is not the first time i have had a gun pulled on me from a cop for something as simple as being on private property.

You mean it wasn't about the shrooms?  I guess if stakeout is the name of the game, one idea might be to get back to the car empty-handed the first time.

=======
so mushroom pickers get seived through the same net as bad guys, hmm.  Creeping around other people's bushes with cameras, or bags of...body parts...i suppose it's fair and reasonable.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11389592 - 11/05/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well.... bit of an update...... went back about an hour ago and found Mr. P****h ..... was very polite and freindly to him and explained the situation and problems we had last time and thought it best we ask for your permission first..... basically he said No - F**k off ..... he said at least 7 other people had asked him the same question :confused:

Its slightly upsetting as this field was SWAMPED with the little guys and now unless you go onto the land without permission there never ever going to be picked. IMO its not worth the risk of getting caught so i think im just going to have to let this one go unfortunately :sad:

I cant complain too much at least i got some pickings from there :grin: but the guy was still a :stonedjerk:

Comments and thoughts welcomed ...

--------------------

InvisibleMystery420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11390118 - 11/05/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cant you just carry a camera around ya neck if anyone comes up just say you doing research. Would be a shame to waste such a good spot

--------------------
"I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want."
-Jimi Hendrix

So fuck ya'll all of ya'll If ya'll don't like me blow me

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Mystery420]
    #11390134 - 11/05/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea it is a shame.... the guy would obviously recognize us now and no ones allowed on the land period... :sad:

--------------------

Offlinemistermisfit
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: IRELAND
    #11390172 - 11/05/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have the same problem with a new spot I found recently.  The Farmer stopped his land rover by the field and called me over.  He asked me did I own the field and how dare I assume I could just walk all over it.  The field has sheep in it and he was freaking that my 2 dogs weren`t on leashes.  I told him that they were well trained and they wouldnt chase the sheep.

he said no more and just drove off.

He didn`t actually tell me to leave so I`ll be back next week, but without the dogs.

well.... bit of an update...... went back about an hour ago and found Mr. P****h ..... was very polite and freindly to him and explained the situation and problems we had last time and thought it best we ask for your permission first..... basically he said No - F**k off ..... he said at least 7 other people had asked him the same question :confused:

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #11390199 - 11/05/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would just demand 50% of the haul if someone was picking on my land :smile:

On a side note, I always try and carry a few different mushrooms with me when I'm looking for actives... In my mind the conversation goes like this:

Officer: "What are you picking there?"
me: "Oh these little brown things?  I'm not sure what they are, but check this out"
Officer: "umm"
me: "Agaricus campestris, a meadow mushroom!  Have you ever eaten one of these?  They're related to the button mushrooms that you find in the grocery store"
me: "Oh and here's a bolete of some kind.  Or a suillius.  I'm not sure, it's hard for me to tell them apart... See how they have pores instead of gills?  Do those look just yellow or yellow-green to you?"
me: "Anyway, what can I do for you officer?"

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada's Darkside NS
    #11390234 - 11/05/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Flipped.. I hear you.. My friends and I left a lawn that we didn't even find any on and an unmarked car came flying up on us.. when they jumped out, they all pulled their guns and screamed don't you fukin move or I'll blow your head off! lmao... we were standing in a giant open field... I think they were concerned they mite have to run lol... ridiculous if you ask me, but in small towns like where I'm originally from, they don't see much action so when city cops are reassigned there they treat J-walking like a homicide lol... I show respect when it's deserved but I couldn't do anything but laugh and say "So you guys are allowed to execute trespassers now?"...lol
Dicky...buddy.. I feel bad for you... I've also come across cranky land owners myself and it sucks but better safe than sorry I guess... I dunno but for Libs that awesome... I (not suggesting you do it as it's unwise lol) would possibly risk a trespassing charge lol... One of my many covert operations in a "dangerous" area involved night picking with the use of a flash light and a dark heavy blanket (with eye holes for surveying your surroundings)... I don't know your areas layout but crawling with the blanket over me using the light I was able to stealth pick some quality fields lmao! it's definitely not as easy, safe or enjoyable as normal picking... but after weighing my options it was sometimes my best alternative lol 
God my girlfriend tells me I'm obsessed and after reading some of my own posts I'm thinking she may be right lol... ahhh well shroom love is a crazy thing!.... keep me posted and best of luck!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Liberty King]
    #11390287 - 11/05/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha lib king that story was quality...... i can understand how it would work but knowing my luck id fuck it up somehow or walk behind a horse and loose my head:thumbdown:

Shock:  Thats exactly what we did today... we had a bag off other mushrooms just incase anything happened again but doesn't matter because were not even allowed on the land anymore :sad:

Misfit.... just go back without the dog and see what happens? :banana:

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11390415 - 11/05/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What if you went and spoke to this guy in person or on the phone, and ask him if there is any work you can do for him ( and don't be dicriminate like I won't shovel shit) In turn you would just like the permission to hunt "edible mushrooms" on his land, offer him a few hours of work a week. I have gotten permission to hunt mushrooms and game on a large private land tract and all I do is Aug thru Nov one day a weekend I split wood on a log splitter. The best thing I ever did

--------------------

Edited by Time Ed (11/05/09 11:41 AM)

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11390492 - 11/05/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I had a general idea of the main fruiting spots in the field.. I would crawl to the location using the eye holes.. Once there I turned on my light under the blanket.. while holding the light with my right hand I used my left to lift the "Front" of the blanket ahead about a foot at a time, moving slowly across my area... It's definitely not easy.. you usually damage as many as you pick lol.. again also not recommended because in a farmers field or on private property if the moving lump (you in your blankey lol) is slightly distinguishable.. land owners may mistake you for a wild animal.. not good when the first sound you hear all night is "Honey bring me my rifle that damn wolf is back!" lmao... I mostly used this technique in a graveyard on a hill... that way the residents below didn't see my light and think it was someone committing vandalism or picking! People aren't supposed to hunt at night but where I'm from in the "sticks" you never know!.. It made me re-think and remove the sticks and plants, I attached as camouflage originally, when I noticed they kind of looked like antlers!... When I first started doing it I didn't have eye holes so I was continually lifting the blanket to investigate every sound! I should really make a thread about the crazy shit people do in order to pick! of course 99% of it would probably be my dumb ass lol

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11390504 - 11/05/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:
I had a general idea of the main fruiting spots in the field.. I would crawl to the location using the eye holes.. Once there I turned on my light under the blanket.. while holding the light with my right hand I used my left to lift the "Front" of the blanket ahead about a foot at a time, moving slowly across my area... It's definitely not easy.. you usually damage as many as you pick lol.. again also not recommended because in a farmers field or on private property if the moving lump (you in your blankey lol) is slightly distinguishable.. land owners may mistake you for a wild animal.. not good when the first sound you hear all night is "Honey bring me my rifle that damn wolf is back!" lmao... I mostly used this technique in a graveyard on a hill... that way the residents below didn't see my light and think it was someone committing vandalism or picking! People aren't supposed to hunt at night but where I'm from in the "sticks" you never know!.. It made me re-think and remove the sticks and plants, I attached as camouflage originally, when I noticed they kind of looked like antlers!... When I first started doing it I didn't have eye holes so I was continually lifting the blanket to investigate every sound! I should really make a thread about the crazy shit people do in order to pick! of course 99% of it would probably be my dumb ass lol

:lolz0rz:

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11390538 - 11/05/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:

I think I would start growing before I went through all that :lolsy:

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11390561 - 11/05/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

To each their own but I live for the thrill of the hunt lol.... I was hooked the first time I went... It consumes me!... It just feels like hunting in a field is where I'm meant to be!... as for the night hunting yeah it's a little ridiculous but it makes me happy and when it's all said and done it's another accomplishment... Happiness and progress are key factors to me! lol

--------------------

InvisibleAsht0n
love ♥
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ellan Vannin Flag
    #11390617 - 11/05/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:
One of my many covert operations in a "dangerous" area involved night picking with the use of a flash light and a dark heavy blanket (with eye holes for surveying your surroundings)...

:lol:

That's a real shame about the land owner, dicky. He must be a mushroom prohibitionist. :thumbdown:

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11390622 - 11/05/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ya the thrills all that matters. I'm the same way but thank goodness they are unaware of the ones that grow in my area and my patch is on public land so I don't have to worry about hiding.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for going stealhead fishing in January when the line freezes on the reel. But the thrill is worth it to me

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11390649 - 11/05/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

great stories guy's....... thanks for keeping my motivation and enthusiasm up - especially liberty king :congrats:

Time Ed: he knows there not edible from the amount of other people that had asked him so that's out the question..:sad:

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11390686 - 11/05/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

As shroomers we are both "The Hunter & The Gatherer" lol like our ancestors we're often forced to adapt to situations or face extinction! I refuse to go the way of the Dodo bird! lol... There's always another way or another patch!.... Stay motivated and I have faith "our species" will continue to prevail! lmao... shit I'm high... but that's the way I feel!... A good thing may pass but great things are always just over the next horizon!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11390702 - 11/05/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: thanks

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11392791 - 11/05/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:
One of my many covert operations in a "dangerous" area involved night picking with the use of a flash light and a dark heavy blanket (with eye holes for surveying your surroundings)

heh Jawa style

Quote:

dicky21 said:
yea it is a shame.... the guy would obviously recognize us now and no ones allowed on the land period... :sad:

[sigh] that's the trouble with asking, isn't it, they might say no

...BUT...you WILL MISS 100% of the baskets you don't shoot for

so, keep asking!

i can't wait to hear a landowner say - fuck off dem's my shrooms

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#11393901 - 11/05/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Use google earth to find other habitats in your area that have the same mushrooms.

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11394004 - 11/05/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I sound like a broken record because everything I say lately starts with... "As a Kid, back in the town I grew up in"
I sound like I'm fukin 80!.. but I just picked a lot there so it's where most of my stories originate from lol....
But anyway, back there... one of my friends used to have a nice amount of Libs pop up on his lawn...other kids would pick them on their way to school and he'd get super pissed!.. I probably would of been a little irritated too if it were my lawn, but early bird!...I guess lol... Anyway, he couldn't tell his parents why he didn't want kids coming by to "walk to school"... he finally snuck out and trashed his moms garden, thinking that then.. his dad would yell at the other kids and tell them not to come around anymore... Instead his dad said he was getting security cameras to view the front yard!... a bit of a kick in the "marble poach" for sure! When he was explaining the scenario to me he said "I can't even pick my own Fukin Shrooms and these other pricks are gonna keep stealin 'em"... Our mutual friend, whose a very calm kinda hippy stoner, looked over at him and said.. "They don't belong to you anyway.. They're like little gifts from the earth.. It can't be your birthday every fukin day just cuz you live in the Toy Store".... That's some Buddha shit right there, I never forgot that!... (probably because I was zoned on Libs so it just seemed so profound at the time Lmao!)

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11394092 - 11/05/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OUOTE From Liberty King
"They don't belong to you anyway.. They're like little gifts from the earth.. It can't be your birthday every fukin day just cuz you live in the Toy Store".... That's some Buddha shit right there, I never forgot that!... (probably because I was zoned on Libs so it just seemed so profound at the time Lmao!)

That's deep man  :stoned2:

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #11394218 - 11/05/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:rotfl: Fucking classic!!:thumbup: I like that quote :jah:

--------------------
http://

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: sporeRider]
    #11395819 - 11/06/09 04:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeaa... thats a super quote.... LOVE IT !  ..... i have a few other fields but like i said before theres not much land round here that isnt private property so might run into the same problems again :crazy:

--------------------

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
    #11396294 - 11/06/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ive found that when you are caught basically red handed and you are honest and respectful the majority of the cops out there will treat you alot better. we all know there will be that percentage that are gonna be dicks no matter what but typically they hate writing tickets and costing people money. Ive experienced on several occasions leniancy from cops when they could have fucked me simply because i told the truth and was respectful. Now im not saying admit everything but within reason honesty is effective, small things like little amounts of weed and mushies fresh picked they will alot of the time let you pass. good story though sounds like some cool guys.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11396347 - 11/06/09 07:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dicky21 said:
yeaa... thats a super quote.... LOVE IT !  ..... i have a few other fields but like i said before theres not much land round here that isnt private property so might run into the same problems again :crazy:

CAMOUFLAGE Seems like this may be your only chance if you want to keep hunting there. Spend the money on some good grassy looking stuff (Duck Camo) and stay low to the ground and find an entrance that is the most difficult entrance, (Don't go in off the main road if there is acres of woods around) And Look before you Leap. And never leave any proof you were ever there, not even a cigarette butt

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11396518 - 11/06/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea...... ive been thinking about it quite a lot ...... when i say its a good field..... i really mean it :thumbup:

Sucks that the land owner was a cock!  I thought id would have been reverse (police - cock  landowner - :thumbup:)

Oh well...... must start planning a few things via google maps...... possibly one of the best sites for us guys ever? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11397928 - 11/06/09 12:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah.. I compiled a book of stoner quotes over many a buzz!.. I lost them all though when my hard drive crashed so it's a little depressing!... I remember some of them sporadically when something jogs my memory but most of them are lost now!:mad:
Whoever I gotta say "Jawa style" is a perfect description! I might use that, if it's cool? :wink:
Dicky .... I can't believe it but I've never even really explored using google maps!.. We got a substantial amount of the "white stuff" today though :thumbdown::mad2:(and no not cocaine, Worse! lol)... So I'll have to explore the maps and plot out some destinations for next year.
As for my advice on Private land picking, you seem to have the right advice from people so far. My general approach for uncharted territory is:

1. Get a feel for the area! This is my initial reconnaissance!...I usually size up if it's some where I think I can go in undetected! (what's viewable from where?)..If not I determine whether an alibi like "walking the dogs" would help... I've often found photography to be an excellent cover!...
2. If possible, get an idea of the types of people you may encounter (ex: Farmers)...If I don't think I can safely pick an area, I seek out the land owner and ask permission. Even when you think it's "safe" be prepared and expect the unexpected, you never know who might pop up!...Being able to make relevant pleasant small talk, and looking appropriately, can be the difference between a "Yes or a No" or the difference between "going home or going to jail". It seems most people here have had "decent" encounters with the Law... For me personally it doesn't usually go that way!.. Most cops around here know what Libs are and they love to ruin a kids life over something that grows naturally! (FTP! lol sorry I had to) none the less whether you encounter them or civilians be respectful and basically genuine ("Kissing ass" or "overdoing it" will just show you have something to hide )... Carrying a "Dumby Box" of non actives and knowing proper names etc. is always a great idea! I think shockvalue summed it up best with his dialogue description
Officer: "What are you picking there?"
shockvalue: "Oh these little brown things?  I'm not sure what they are, but check this out"
shockvalue: "Agaricus campestris, a meadow mushroom!  Have you ever eaten one of these?  They're related to the button mushrooms that you find in the grocery store"
shockvalue: "Oh and here's a bolete of some kind.  Or a suillius.  I'm not sure, it's hard for me to tell them apart... See how they have pores instead of gills?  Do those look just yellow or yellow-green to you?"
shockvalue: "Anyway, what can I do for you officer?"
In any situation if the same respect clearly isn't being returned to you by a "Visitor" then it's likely time to go... If it's optional do so... If it's looking like leaving of your own free will isn't going to happen.. Weight your options and risks.. Sometimes, if you weren't being smart, it's better to flee and attempt to get rid of some evidence before taking "a little ride".:tongue: (This scenario should be avoided however, unless it's an absolute last resort) The odds of this occurring should be greatly minimized by adhering to #3!... Most of the time if you play it right all a "Pig", who wants to be an ass can do is charge you for trespassing (Most of the time it's a warning and if not, it's still often thrown out at court) That's usually a risk I'm prepared to take because the penalty's are still tolerable compared to possession.
3. Minimize what you have in possession...This is always a smart move with any contraband!...I make sure to try and not carry my shrooms when in a field...I choose an non visible area (preferably centralized) with a good natural hiding spot (Side note: if you stash in places like long grass be sure to use a "marker"..it sucks trying to re-find mushrooms after you've already picked and hid them! lol) I only pick what I can easily obliterate with my hands or mouth...(An unplanned trip after eating a fistful when I saw cops in the field, taught me not to "greedy pick" lol)... Pick a few, mark your patch (try not to use something super obvious to others though)... bring your few discreetly to your stash spot and then return for more... Generally, the most dangerous part of an expedition is leaving! Getting back from point "A" to point "B" leaves you exposed with your full harvest... I make sure that my specimens are well protected (In case of rain etc.) and in their stash spot...This way I can leave them until I feel it's "safer", if need be!.... 

It basically all boils down to: Do your reconnaissance & research for sure, Be prepared and expect the unexpected, minimize your risk and most of all accomplish your goal :mushroom2:!

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11400407 - 11/06/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

All the tips above fit with my thinking. 

@LK, i can only thank you for the mental image - it's great, gives me a kick.  My camo is cameleonesque i think.  Scouting unfamiliar lands today, i managed to fasttalk bs with US Army Corps about undiscovered merits of pine beetle infestations, new species renovating ecosystems, biofuel btu's, student opportunities, thesis statements, doctorates and phd's (piled higher and deeper?).  Nice change from thinking up boring questions about real estate, land surveys, drainage, oak disease and property values, where i have been lately, in amongst the alien infestation of residential developments.  Haven't tried farm much, too long a walk normally, and really can't think of any business anybody could come up with for being there (other than admiring animals from the fence), unless it bordered some woods or something, and you 'were lost'.

I was wondering about getting home in a car with a load, and thought, if you're getting pulled over, much as it hurts, might try to pull over at a sewer grate or somewhere you might get a chance to dump, maybe pretend to barf or something.  Anyway make sure all the lights work & registration's good.

Mushroom hunting is extremely educational.

I can even drive ok without looking at the road anymore.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11403025 - 11/07/09 08:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

cheers for the wicked post LK. Hopefully should help a lot of people out not just myself  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11403223 - 11/07/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Whoever If cops are "On to you" and stopping you for the specific reason of trying to get you in possession... They're usually gonna find what they're looking for, if they're determined! I think looking for a sewage drain or something to that effect is definitely one of your better chances to minimize the damage. A friend of mine is an automotive repair guy.. we rigged up a secret storage, underneath his truck, when we were younger.. the key was making it something that was completely normal to be under there!..Smell proof bags are an extra precaution as well... Another friend of mine from Ontario had a "beater" with a hole rusted through the floor.. we would leave them next to it in case of emergencies lol this technique still requires that you ditch them at the exact right time.. He was stopped one day by his self and dropped them out while the cop approached his vehicle... things went fine until the cop told him to leave.. then re-pulled him over when he saw the package as he drove off!... Your comment to "make sure your lights work & registration's good" is an excellent point that I would like to include in my list in future, in a new section called: Leaving the scene! lol  I appreciate the feedback... as for driving without looking at the road... I know lol... anywhere I walk I'm automatically surveying the grass.. My friends think it's insane that I can often spot libs on grass from in a moving car!....  "Mush eyes" are a gift I'm thankful for!... good luck hunting and keep posting!:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11403237 - 11/07/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My whole life I've said "If nothing else let me serve as a bad example" that way people can learn from my mistakes!... I've learned many things from the posts of others... it's a great way to perfect your strategy! I've definitely still got tons to learn, but by posting things we all help each other and in my opinion thats what this is all about!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11403289 - 11/07/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And that's why i love this forum ... full of helpful people like yourself willing to share their experiences :thumbup: .... Ive never really been an active member of a forum before..... didn't realize how much and how quick you can learn things :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11408290 - 11/07/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:"Mush eyes" are a gift I'm thankful for!

i was trying to picture your jawa suit fitted with 2 red led headlights  :smile:

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11408700 - 11/07/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah Dicky it's a great place for sure!... I've never used any other forms either.. my 1st post here was only a month and a half ago... (and I see you have like 4x my posts btw lol Adicted! :rolleyes:) I'd share mushroom stories with my girlfriend before this, but she's not overly interested..lol.. think she'd prefer to just eat em! (also great) It's kinda cool that some people actually like my ridiculous tales... I've got a lot of em... my woman says as soon as I smoke a joint they start pouring out... I just love conversation with like minded people or even debate with differing opinions... Seeing and hearing other peoples shroom stories and learning about libs in other areas is the best! I'd like to know at least one avid Lib hunter everywhere they grow... do like a Lib Nation thread or something lol... Nexus1946 has some really creative stuff to check out for sure... Workman is what brought me to this site originally (Always fascinating) 13shrooms is also doing very intriguing work as well! there are just so many great people on here... I can't even list em all.. You, Whoever , Time Ed and Psylosymon all make great conversation... Props to all the fanatics, if school had been half as informative It might have kept my attention...lol... Whoever don't be putting ideas in my head lmao!... I would do some shit like that too... Eventually I'll look like the fukin "Shroominator" or something.... If we meet in future I'll be the cyborg slowly and methodically pacing in the field!.... I'm sure I forgot a shout out to someone... charge it to my brain and not my heart... Big up the whole shroomery! good luck hunting and keep posting (aka Keep me alive lol)

--------------------

Invisiblespectralis
 User Gallery

#11409610 - 11/08/09 05:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I read somewhere that the local shrooms Liberty caps are not as much of a big deal to get caught with as the home-cultivated exotic ones, which are illegal wet/dry. I can't remember the source but it said that the Semilanceata's are only illegal to Export. Can anyone confirm this?
Still, getting caught with 10,000 dry ones can't be good.

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: spectralis]
    #11409870 - 11/08/09 07:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well Spectrails... I'm not sure where you're located, but here in Nova Scotia, Canada... I can definitely confirm That Libs are an inditable (Canadian name for a felony!) charge under the Food and drug act (Section 48 or something like that). I'll get my friend to check his paperwork!.. We were often told "they" couldn't charge you if they weren't dry.... this is bullshit... at least in Canada!... My friend did Jail time and has a criminal drug record... He had a few libs in a small paper bag, they weighed the wet bag and all, saying it was almost 10 grams... it was only about a few hundred caps.... In another instance 3 people were caught picking and were charged... they all ratted on a fourth person who escaped through the woods... Though he was never caught with anything and wasn't even charged until the following day... he ended up being found "Guilty by Consent".... This actually carries stiffer penalties as he refused to admit his guilt but the "Rat Bitches" who were caught all got lighter sentences for fingering him!.... It's truly pathetic when something that grows naturally can be treated as if it were a man made designer drug!... I come from an area where "city cops" get reassigned in small towns and live to make big deals out of such harmless incidents! The Law in other areas I've heard are more forgiving "sometimes".... your attitude is often a big factor on how they will proceed... As for non-local shrooms, the fact they are cultivated does tend to make some people take a more firm stance on them.... My advice: Pick alone or with one person you "trust" (Brothers are good lol usually) and always follow the rules of hunting.. do your Research and minimize risks!

--------------------

Invisiblespectralis
 User Gallery

#11409948 - 11/08/09 08:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Here in the UK, they were legal dry until 2 years ago, cultivaters spoiled it by selling wet ones in their bong shops and stalls in London etc.
When I was 15-16 (before the new law) I got caught picking in a public field and they weighed my wet shrooms and tried charging me with 96 Grams of a class A drug! It was later dropped luckily.
It's terrible how the court was too ignorant & retarded to not tell the difference between wet & dry weight and send your friend to prison.

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: spectralis] * 1
    #11409999 - 11/08/09 08:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lil off topic - but its just f'n bullshit that any gov can try n fuck with us just for picking native wild actives - for whatever purposes - but they get away with "world without drugs" commercials while pumping out thousands of pounds of Pharm chem garbage and legally shove it down the poor citizens throats who are going to doctors who don't know any better!!!:mad2: Doctors push the Garbage - Id say we take the real meds - Many studies have been done giving reall proof that these active fungi can have reall profound effects treating people of all sorts with problems of all sorts - depression, schitzophrenia, bi-polar , alztimers, and etc.............think of all our ancestors from wayyy back - if they felt sad they wouldnt be forced to take some pharm garbage that has a 50%chance of making you even worse off than befor - These ancestors would use nature to heal all wounds:thumbup: My kinda peps:headbanger:

--------------------
http://

Invisiblespectralis
 User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: sporeRider]
    #11410056 - 11/08/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11414874 - 11/08/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

True that Wiscokid!.. I've actually worked in Pharmacy's and hospitals and seen first hand how "Pushers" do it!.. Any child who isn't a mindless zombie and exhibits the behavior of a child (ex: easily distracted, disruptive) is given Ritalin!... I actually quit because they were receiving personal kick backs, from the drug reps, for pushing out as many Ritalin trail packs as they could!.. I said I refused to be a part of it... they had tried to make me take behavioral drugs as a child and my parents refused (thank you!)... Many natural drugs such as mushrooms are banned because they are mind altering... so why is it okay to alter a the mind of a child in order to make him more compliant?... We make a choice to alter our mind state, while the child has none!...
Also, the last time I was home for Xmas my 80 some year old grandmother was showing me all of her pills and how she has to take 3 different prescriptions, for different things, but that they each cause other problems that she takes more pills to counter act... then out of no where she says "I'd probably be better off just smoking that weed like you huh?" lol there's some things I've never really pictured my granma saying.. this was one of them!...She then proceeded to tell me how she knows I smoke it and that 2 of the seniors in her home are prescribed it!... She said they opened her mind to it when one of them said "Man made pills, God made weed, who do you trust?"... Now my granma is one of those go to church faithfully, say grace and prayer before bed kind... so I think this really had an impact on her prior opinions... I'm happy to say that she's told me that since she went "natural"  :bigblunt:  she's managed to cut out 2 prescriptions entirely, under the supervision of her doctor!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11418770 - 11/09/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I like your nan LK :thumbup: ........ Yet again another interesting post....:grin:

I still cant beleive its illegal to pull these little natural guys from the earth  :thebird:

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11418873 - 11/09/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

LK check these pics out.... ( i know you like lib pics)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11245330/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

#11421854 - 11/09/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Shittt!... Those were some quality shots!... very nice indeed.. thanks for the heads up Dicky, it's appreciated. I like that he also includes habitat photos as well. They were great pics to help depict the "untypical" Libs I was wondering about... I really wanna create "Liberty Nation" lol get a network of good people, in great locations around the world! Everyone could compare habitats, conditions, specimens & harvests... eventually I plan on making an expedition, going to as many various "Lib Lands" as possible!.. Knowing people then, to point me in the right direction, would be a tremendous asset! Anyone who aided me could have whatever I pick, I just want to enjoy the experience!... but... that's probably a lifetime away lol still... it's good to dream... especially after living a nightmare for so long lmao! good luck hunting and keep posting!:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11424301 - 11/10/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've been thinking about the field im not allowed in and wondered how hard it is to look for libs in fog. I'd be able to hunt in daylight pretty well i presume yet wont be able to be seen from a distance? Any thoughts :shrug:

And LK ... you should get a map of the world and put little red dots at all the locations around the world they have been found. That would be cool :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11424314 - 11/10/09 05:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

morning fog is good for stealth hunting. light enough to see, foggy enough not to see far.

though i don't recommend trespassing.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11424327 - 11/10/09 05:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea i know.... im in two minds about it..... it was just an amazing field and it seems a shame to let it go to waste :sad: lol

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11424354 - 11/10/09 05:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it's not going to waste, it's a giant bioreactor of mushroom spora.

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11425346 - 11/10/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i got this farm thing.

You go to the farmer and ask for work. a- he takes you on, you got access, b- puts the run on you, ok

Later he catches you picking his mushrooms he can think you were just hungry, if it gets mean tell him be glad you weren't rustling his cattle, you're just down on your luck.  If someone says something about psilocybes you don't know anything about that, you've been eating them for a week and didn't notice anything.  Make camp nearby, all the better, keep a pot of moss stew on the fire and wear old dirty clothes.

============
?  How much trouble are they worth ?

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

Loc: northern england
    #11425651 - 11/10/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

to think just 4 years ago it was perfectly legal to grow, buy and pick psilocybes in the uk.
seems an eternity away now, god damned stiff rod up arse politicians GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #11425902 - 11/10/09 12:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spectralis said:
Here in the UK, they were legal dry until 2 years ago, cultivaters spoiled it by selling wet ones in their bong shops and stalls in London etc.

Are you sure? I thought it was legal to buy/carry fresh mushrooms, but dry ones were illegal because they were seen as a more of a problem (easier for dealers to sell and store etc). That was until 2005 anyway.

--------------------

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

Loc: northern england
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: Psilocypher]
    #11426185 - 11/10/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

na now its illegal to take any psilocybe from their natural habitat, they were totally legal up until 2005 as long as they were fresh, pretty rediculous law at the time

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
Re: Libs + Police = ? [Re: libs]
    #11426280 - 11/10/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

fuck it, best just go back to drunken stupor, how gov't likes it

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11426406 - 11/10/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dicky21 said:
And LK ... you should get a map of the world and put little red dots at all the locations around the world they have been found. That would be cool :thumbup:

I have a map of my city that I put red dots on all the active locations.

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11428095 - 11/10/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol i can't even see my map anymore there's this great big cluster of poi's!  everywhere i look i want to go, and i keep counting the precious few days i have left to get to all of them, and still get back in time to the other ones that i won't put dots on!

so sometimes, i don't come home anymore

arrrrrgggghhh!!!!!

say, dicky, where's that farmer at

==============
i wanna be everywhere always forever now

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: dicky21]
    #11428129 - 11/10/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Hunting and Identification.

Reason:
Fits better here.

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: whoever]
    #11428477 - 11/10/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's an awesome Idea Dicky.... I'll start tonight lol!... I needed a Lib project to keep me occupied!... So I guess all of us chatting got the thread moved :confused: As far as hunting in the fog... that's one of my best times!... It is nice to not be seen at a distance, but remember that goes both ways!...where you already had issues it might be a problem not being able to see a distance!.... As I said though, it comes down to weighing the risks vs. rewards... I think from what I saw in your pics that I'd take a gamble lol, not suggesting you do, that's just me! I'd try and early morning pick any non visible areas... If the "Fruitful" areas are the visible ones then I'd "Raid" them lmao!... Hit em quick and hard... I'd make sure I severely limit the chances of me being in possession though!.. If all was successful I would try and put them in an accessible area an return undetected another time!... If I did get caught, then hopefully, I made sure I could see far enough to make sure there was no evidence! lol Then all they have is trespassing and... I Tried!
I think I'm gonna start a thread to try and get everyone to post where throughout the world, they've picked Libs!... All I Need is a catchy name lol.... Lib Hunters United?... Where have you picked Libs?...In what Country's Do Libs grow?.... I dunno... I've been sick my brain's not functioning well  :crazyeyes:  Anyway Good Luck Hunting People (Wrong forum now I guess, but it still applies!)

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: Liberty King]
    #11474555 - 11/17/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lucky the retarded brother didn't get them both busted.  Why move this here though?  Looks pretty beat to death already.

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11475495 - 11/17/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Lucky the retarded brother didn't get them both busted.

Why are you dissing dicky's brother?  I'd have done the same thing, acted cool and accounted for the mushrooms in my hand.  What would you have said?

--------------------

InvisibleLiberty King
Liberty Seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: Joie]
    #11476960 - 11/18/09 06:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think maybe the fact that he's anonymous just gives him the need to be a douche!:penis:... He's probably one of these people who has nothing to contribute so he feels the need to "rain on someones parade"... Ohh well I happen to like rain... It gives me a reason to shine!... He may feel the need to be ignorant again.... but I feel no need to respond.... Great thread Dicky, as for your bro... You're both free so obviously he made the right move! :thumbup:

(Sidenote: if you haven't already check out Dickys "You know you're addicted when..." thread.. It's hilarious)

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: Liberty King]
    #11478158 - 11/18/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Walking up to a cop holding drugs in your hand = retarded. 

There's just no other way to figure that.  He got lucky.

I agree with the annon post, but I'm not calling the person retarded.  It's what he did that was retarded.

-FF

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: fastfred]
    #11483435 - 11/19/09 01:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Walking up to a cop holding drugs in your hand = retarded. 

Usually.  But if he had thrown the bag down after the police were looking at him, it would have been a lot worse.  Since the police are not mushroom ID experts, the only thing they have to go on is your body language.  If you treat the mushrooms like drugs, they will too.  In this specific case, walking up to the police car with drugs in his hand was smart.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11487759 - 11/19/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've seen them get suspicious and start bullying both innocent people and good bullshitters.  It's a total crapshoot, with the odds way against you, to try bluffing a cop.  Given the circumstances (trespassing and suspicious activity) he's really lucky not to get busted.  I've seen innocent people get hassled 10X worse for no reason, so he's just damn lucky.

Running, or just ignoring them, would have been way safer.  Road cops don't usually like to get out and chase or hassle people.

-FF

Offlinefeifen

#11504366 - 11/22/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
I've seen them get suspicious and start bullying both innocent people and good bullshitters.  It's a total crapshoot, with the odds way against you, to try bluffing a cop.  Given the circumstances (trespassing and suspicious activity) he's really lucky not to get busted.  I've seen innocent people get hassled 10X worse for no reason, so he's just damn lucky.

Running, or just ignoring them, would have been way safer.  Road cops don't usually like to get out and chase or hassle people.

-FF

No way. Lady reported them and the cops were looking for them... if they started to run and the cops caught them what THEN would they have to say..?

Honestly in the situation they were in he took the best action

I always carry a "edible plants, fruits and fungus" guide and if a cop ever shows up you just show them what you are up to and it normally would be all good, assuming you aren't tresspassing.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Libs + Police = ? (moved) [Re: feifen]
    #11505202 - 11/22/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

> if they started to run and the cops caught them what THEN would they have to say..?

Hey we're just kids running through the woods.  They would have long ditched the evidence and the cops would have nothing other than trespassing, which would likely be dropped or they'd just be issued a no trespassing notice.

> Honestly in the situation they were in he took the best action

Nope.  They walked right up to a cop with a felony in plain sight.  That's never a good plan.

They were deer caught in the headlights.  I've seen several people go down because they got scared, gave up, and hoped for the best.

People get startled and scared and they freeze up, even when they have a 90%+ chance of getting away.

-FF

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

#11531327 - 11/26/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stopped on the roads there's police you can charm who don't want any hassle and there's those who like to make the most of every possible bust, so there's something of a crapshoot.  BUT in Britain at least, few police would bother with a case that blatantly wouldn't stand up in court.  If you don't try to hide the evidence or run away it can be easily justified.  If you do, there's a much stronger case against you.  In my view, if I present myself well, imply without dropping the friendliness (I don't hate them or anything) that I am not afraid to push my point, and have a story that fits, it doesn't matter if the policeman is suspicious.  He isn't very likely to pursue it.  Either way could turn out unpleasant but in this instance I am not making matters worse if it comes to court, and as I said most policemen would not pursue that, as in dicky's case.

--------------------

Edited by Joie (11/26/09 10:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order