Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCubeNoob
Stranger

WTF went wrong???????
    #11375974 - 11/03/09 12:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so my first attempt at growing shrooms was pretty much a complete failure. I purchased a variety of spore syringes from wwww.sporeworks.com as i was told that they were a reputable supplier. I went with the golden teachers. This was last summer when i was still living in a house where i couldnt grow indoors under optimal conditions. However, i monitored their temperature, misted about twice a day, took extreme sanitary precautions, so I believe they were essentially getting the same growing environment as an indoor setup. I had about half a dozen brf cakes growing in 5 gallon buckets covered with transparent plastic. They were placed in a shaded location of woods in my backyard. I had several mold problems and lost about half of my cakes. The three survivors gave me a pretty good harvest.I got about two good flushes off of them. By now you are probably asking wtf went wrong rite? well the problem was that the potency was EXTREMELY inconsistent. My friend ate about 25 grams fresh and experienced a mild body high. I ingested the same amount and I am considerably smaller than him and I felt absolutely nothing.About a week later my other cake fruited and my other friend ate 25 grams fresh. He felt nothing. So i got one person high off of fresh shrooms. My second flush was almost as bountiful as my first. I decided to dry these. I used a combination of fan drying and damp-rid to get them cracker dry. I used no heat as i know that this destroys the psilocybin. I was left with 30 grams dry which i split with my friend. We both felt nothing. Now i am living in a house with a room i can grow in and i want to give this thing another shot. I have searched through countless forums trying to figure out what happened. My theories include: A. bad spores
                    B. bad rice flour(insufficient nutrients?)
                    C. too much/too little humidity(stems wer hollow)
                    C. Divine intervention
Please help me figure out wtf went wrong so that i dont make this mistake again and waste more money on all the shit.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleprismism

Re: WTF went wrong??????? [Re: CubeNoob]
    #11376009 - 11/03/09 12:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

next time eat 4 or 5 grams dried. you will feel it.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlinebillycorgan55
Stranger

#11376016 - 11/03/09 12:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms with no potency are almost always just bad genetics. I would say try inside unless you dont want your mommy finding them.

--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
    #11376017 - 11/03/09 12:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

aside from potency..

Did your buckets get any fresh air? IF not.. you will get crappy little shrooms that are few and far between.. and mold will love the environment more than the mush.

25 grams wet is 2.5 grams dry.. with a good tolerance a body high is all you get. Potency is genetic... you will get theories on that all day. No matter how you set it up.. in buckets & outside with cakes.. will get mold, especially if your new at this.

Do it again, follow the TEK's exactly, all problems will go away.

Build THIS

Follow THIS

Do not sway away from or change any aspect of those instructions.. no problems will be had.

--------------------

OfflineTLW
Stranger
Male

Loc: Why?
    #11376021 - 11/03/09 12:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CubeNoob said:
Ok so my first attempt at growing shrooms was pretty much a complete failure. I purchased a variety of spore syringes from wwww.sporeworks.com as i was told that they were a reputable supplier. I went with the golden teachers. This was last summer when i was still living in a house where i couldnt grow indoors under optimal conditions. However, i monitored their temperature, misted about twice a day, took extreme sanitary precautions, so I believe they were essentially getting the same growing environment as an indoor setup. I had about half a dozen brf cakes growing in 5 gallon buckets covered with transparent plastic. They were placed in a shaded location of woods in my backyard. I had several mold problems and lost about half of my cakes. The three survivors gave me a pretty good harvest.I got about two good flushes off of them. By now you are probably asking wtf went wrong rite? well the problem was that the potency was EXTREMELY inconsistent. My friend ate about 25 grams fresh and experienced a mild body high. I ingested the same amount and I am considerably smaller than him and I felt absolutely nothing.About a week later my other cake fruited and my other friend ate 25 grams fresh. He felt nothing. So i got one person high off of fresh shrooms. My second flush was almost as bountiful as my first. I decided to dry these. I used a combination of fan drying and damp-rid to get them cracker dry. I used no heat as i know that this destroys the psilocybin. I was left with 30 grams dry which i split with my friend. We both felt nothing. Now i am living in a house with a room i can grow in and i want to give this thing another shot. I have searched through countless forums trying to figure out what happened. My theories include: A. bad spores
                    B. bad rice flour(insufficient nutrients?)
                    C. too much/too little humidity(stems wer hollow)
                    C. Divine intervention
Please help me figure out wtf went wrong so that i dont make this mistake again and waste more money on all the shit.

Potency from multispore can vary. Also, apparently you have to have pretty atrocious heat to lose potency. Sporeworks has always been good to me and I'm sure you're about to have at least a couple others come in here and tell you the exact same thing.

--------------------
...Because pirates always win!

None of the pictures that are in my gallery, are mine. They were found using google image.

This is all fake.

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
"Swisher Sweets"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: WTF went wrong??????? [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11376027 - 11/03/09 12:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Should have ate more.

--------------------

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: WTF went wrong??????? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #11376083 - 11/03/09 12:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That's what happens when you work with Multi-spore. Two shrooms growing right beside each other could vary greatly in potency.

For you to have guaranteed potent mushrooms, you must isolate using agar, grow it out and test the potency. If it is satisfactory, keep that isolate. If not, toss it and try another isolate.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

OfflineCubeNoob
Stranger

Re: WTF went wrong??????? [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11379928 - 11/03/09 10:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok thank you that was probably the most educated answer ive heard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation