Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyogiprana
lover of life
Male

how can i save my log?
    #11367450 - 11/02/09 06:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, I have just joined the forum and am new to mushroom growing. I inoculated a straw log with a cubensis substrate about 16days ago and all has seemed to be going well until now. There is green mold growing on a few patches.

How can i save my log?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: how can i save my log? [Re: yogiprana]
    #11367570 - 11/02/09 07:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you were growing oysters, you could apply a salt paste to the spots with trich. But since you're growing cubes, you're going to have to toss that one out.

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how can i save my log? [Re: Brennus]
    #11369083 - 11/02/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If the first pic is the top of the log and the second is the bottom, then place log in FC, cut small holes in the top of the bag open and let it fruit from there, DO NOT let the trich area be exposed to the rest of the room.  it might also help to cover the area that you are not going to fruit from in black plastic, that way you will reduce pinning underneath the plastic and the temptation to try and get to the fruit, thus spreading the trich spores.

do not try and remove the plastic over the log, you will spread the spores all over the room.  Just cut holes in uninfected areas to allow the log to fruit.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: how can i save my log? [Re: solumvita]
    #11375459 - 11/03/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Toss it out.  When trich forms prior to full colonization, it's a sure sign that your spawn was contaminated before you ever built the straw log.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how can i save my log? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11375594 - 11/03/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
When trich forms prior to full colonization, it's a sure sign that your spawn was contaminated before you ever built the straw log.
RR

As a generalization yes that is true, but trich can also form if the bag has got micro-cracks or holes in it.  It often happens along the seams for instance.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Offlineyogiprana
lover of life
Male

Re: how can i save my log? [Re: solumvita]
    #11376949 - 11/03/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the responses guys :smile:

i have been reading all the contam posts and decided to take my log outside, open it up, cover it with a thin layer of straw, mist the layer with water and hope for the best - even if a few shrooms pop out, i will be overjoyed.

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: how can i save my log? [Re: yogiprana]
    #11377025 - 11/03/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yogiprana said:
thanks for the responses guys :smile:

i have been reading all the contam posts and decided to take my log outside, open it up, cover it with a thin layer of straw, mist the layer with water and hope for the best - even if a few shrooms pop out, i will be overjoyed.

Honestly, if you toss it in a shady spot, you'll probably get some fruits out of it. I had a monotub go south on me with trich @ 60%+ colonization a few months back and tossed it under a bush in the backyard. Tossed grass clippings over it and pulled at least an ounce dry off of it after a heavy summer shower.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck