Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: homosexuality [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1137541 - 12/13/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the 'bi' concept is another thought.

concidering that the above posts are correct. that its the soul that counts and not the body.

does this mean that there is more than one soul from different sexes that you can connect with?

it raises my question to wander if we are sexless in the spirit realm?

and is being bisexual, authentic? or trendy? or because you get more sex? =o)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: homosexuality [Re: ribbit]
    #1142395 - 12/15/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hahaha... "turn gay"?

I'm pretty sure that they don't simply decide to be gay. If there is anyone who is actually gay and believes that it is due to any choice they made, i'd like to hear about it.

I can't believe there are so many intolerant homophobes at such a place as the shroomery. I hope that someday the hateful ones amongst you will learn to accept people.

OfflineFed911
fuck the poe

Re: homosexuality [Re: Phluck]
    #1143026 - 12/15/02 11:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

:wink:

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: homosexuality [Re: ]
    #1146061 - 12/16/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

1st off, i hope you were not implementing that i am a homophobe, because at no point did i mention anything negative toward the subject. your actions make me believe that you are insecure with yourself to come and try to undermine me.

and 2nd, 'TURN GAY'

yes thats right, did i say spontaneous? fuck no i didn't

turning gay can mean from the time you have a thought about it untill you make that cross over in knowing.

its people like you that infuriate me.

Anonymous

#1149550 - 12/17/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My comments about homophobia were directed at this community at large than at you specifically. There are people here who are intolerant of homosexuals; I'm glad to hear you aren't one of them.  Also, I'm quite secure in my sexuality and have not come here to "undermine" you.  I also apparently misunderstood what you meant about "turning gay", it doesn't infuriate me though, and it shouldn't infuriate you.  have a good one.  :smile:

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1150437 - 12/17/02 11:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

iF sex is determinded in the womb how come you can
now chose a childs sex through i.v.f treatments?i.e
before insemination?its genetic as is homosexuality :smile:in  IMHO

--------------------
er

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: homosexuality [Re: G a n j a]
    #1150565 - 12/18/02 02:18 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In the future, rich parents will preselect a male child to be gay if their mansion needs a makeover...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: homosexuality [Re: Swami]
    #1150624 - 12/18/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Bisexuality is illegal?

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1150738 - 12/18/02 04:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've also read that gland by your brain is differently shaped physically. I think homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. Because of religion, especially those damn christians, homosexuals have been condemned. Today there's more people and society is more open about this so more people proclaim themselves as homosexual.

christian arguements are usually that it's not natural and how homosexuals can't reproduce so they're a flaw or something along the lines of that crap. You think taking drugs to fix your ilnesses is natural? What about cutting people open and taking organs out of other people and transplanting it into other people. You think it's natural to be hooked up to a machine to keep you alive, but without it you would be dead? We're already extended our life expectancy by many times, and this is sure as hell not natural. Our population is growing at an uncontrolled rate, the Earth will no longer support life in a few years, we are choking out and destroying our planet. Maybe homosexuality is nature's way to slow down the population explosion.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: homosexuality [Re: daussaulit]
    #1151365 - 12/18/02 08:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. Because of religion, especially those damn Christians, homosexuals have been condemned.
This is definitely true. Many ancient Greek philosiphers were openly gay, having relations with their apprentice.
Homophobia is a stigma that is burned deeply into the heads of much of society. Its funny how people will often refer to something as gay. Sort of like someone calling you a genital, (as if they are bad things.) They might have absolutely no problem with gay people but this 'derogatory' word is stuck in the language. An example of this that sticks out in my mind is eminem and elton jon. Sure em says fag and gay, but he obviously doesn't have to much of a phobia if he goes on stage and hugs the guy.
Homophobia is a bandwagon that to many people hop on because they are scared of thinking differently. I think that especially Americans are scared because of the religious factors. I'd estimate that 80% of America is a Christian of some lineage. And where did Christianity come from? Thats right, The Middle East! Ahh the middle east, where beautiful women wear cloaks in shame. A very societally uptight region that condemns homosexuality direly.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Edited by Cow Shit Collector (12/18/02 08:47 AM)

Anonymous

#1151386 - 12/18/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Our population is growing at an uncontrolled rate, the Earth will no longer support life in a few years, we are choking out and destroying our planet. Maybe homosexuality is nature's way to slow down the population explosion.

You may be more right than you know. The average life expectancy of non-infected STD homosexuals AND lesbians is way shorter than that of heterosexuals. Even without things like AIDS homosexuals live an average of something like 40 some years old.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1151898 - 12/18/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Even without things like AIDS homosexuals live an average of something like 40 some years old.

That just doesn't sound right. I have a gay cousin who's in his 50's, and he appears to be in good shape.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: homosexuality [Re: silversoul7]
    #1161347 - 12/22/02 02:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

on average

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1161436 - 12/22/02 04:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

whatever the thinker thinks the prover proves

if you're speaking of the cameron group's "gay obituary" study, that the avg. gay life span is 43 years, please check this link:

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron_obit.html

if i learned one thing from being a psychology student, it was not to present statistical information in such a blunt way. often, news media can sensationalize statistics of somebody's research experiment without a thurough investigation of the experiment. the results can be very misleading. i encourage everyone who finds such experiments of interest to hunt down the journal in which the experiment was published. you will then understand the specifics of the precedure, and this will become your basis for critique, in relation to the depth of your understanding of behavioral statistics. i could really go on on this one, but for now, i think the link will be enough for you to consider. blessings, cj

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1162419 - 12/22/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I personally do not think anyone is just born gay. Homosexuality is something that an individual must discover for his or herself. It is a conscious choice, unfortunately the current state of our society relegates these people as being "different" both physically and mentallly. I think that this is a false, unproven statement. It doesn't look like homosexuality will go away anytime soon, and in fact it has been around for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Shakespeare was reportedly gay. those who cannot handle this difference; I guess, also cannot handle reality.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: homosexuality [Re: soochi]
    #1162517 - 12/22/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it's really more of an animal magnetism than a conscious choice, to be honest. i mean, i'll be walking down the street entertaining no concept of sexuality and then my eyes will fall upon a man and "ummmmm" ok, i'm turned on - i do have a conscious choice on whether i ignore, act on, or leave to fantasy, dig? i don't particularly choose what i find erotic, so i don't bother trying to define it, it continuously plays itself out as a discovery. i mean, i'm not holding this concept in the back of my head of what i particularly want sexually, and then go out hunting for a close fascimile of it..
but, i'll agree with you all the same, that i'm not particularly sure that people are born gay, it very well might have to do with the types of emotional bondings you have throughout early childhood and whatever triggers your first sexual impressions during adolescence.
blessings, cj

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
Re: homosexuality [Re: chemkid]
    #1213023 - 01/12/03 09:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone who's studied greek philosophy knows that homosexuality has been around along time and has nothing to do with a changed social calamity within the last 50 years.  Also, abuse definitely is a factor in bi/homosexuality. it's not a homophobic viewpoint, but a valid one.  I really don't know what would make it a homophobic vp cuz there's nothin homophobic about it.

I'm not saying that everyone who's homo was abused, but a large % of abused children do have homosexual tendencies if compared to the non-abused population.

Those are the only two points I wanted to make from what I read above.  People who are straight can't comprehend what it means to be gay, thus having really really skewed ideas about it all.

My personal experience...I'm not gay, but I was abused when I was little.  When I reached puberty I didn't know what I was.  I knew I liked girls and have always liked girls a lot, but I was sexualized to the male body as a young boy so it didn't seem as foreign or disgustingly wrong to me.  Whatever you're introduced to when you're little (whether by will or not it doesn't matter) you're more comfortable with when you're older.  Anyhow, when you're a teenager you're messed up cuz you're a teenager.  It's a tough time for everyone.  Everything happens so fast, everything changes so fast, hormones are everywhere...etc.  It took me some time to gain confidence in the fact that I was straight and only straight.  I had to figure out what occurred when I was younger, and what that meant.  Some people can do it quicker than others.  I came out of it knowing that it's something that happened to me, but it doesn't mean and didn't mean that I was gay.  Others come out of it with a different view and that's okay.  Saying, all this there are gay people who don't believe being abused can make you gay.  This just amazes me.  They live their lives being persecuted by straights for being gay because straights can't understand stand and therefore don't believe their homosexuality.  Yet, when someone believes that their abuse as a child made them gay (or atleast opened the door)-and yes there are a lot out there-they'll be quick to argue with them.  How fucking hypocritical is this.  It's really an example that shows you ignorance is everywhere.

Anyhow, my experience has taught me a great lesson that unfortunately seems most people will never learn.  The lesson is that we're all different for thousands of different reasons.  There's no right or wrong.  You live your life and let others live theirs without comment and you do it being nice.  Im just ranting cuz I've heard so many opinions about homosexuality from people that don't understandd it.  It just shouldn't be something categorized...it is what it is just like heterosexuality and from reading above, even though everyone for the most part tries to state a neutral opinion, you can tell how they really feel about it between the lines.  It's pretty ridiculous. 

We want to believe that we're a civilized society, but we're so disgustingly far from it and that's what's so sad!!! :grin: 

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: homosexuality [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1214984 - 01/13/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

While I feel compassion for your experiences, in the name of healthy gay souls, I want to provide another opinion.

Myths About Male Sexual Abuse:

FALSE: Boys abused by males are or will become homosexual.

It is unlikely that someone can make another person a homosexual or heterosexual. Many boys who have been abused by males wrongly believe that something about them sexually attracts males, and think that this may mean they are homosexual or effeminate. But it is the pedophile's inability to develop and maintain a healthy adult sexual relationship that's the problem - not the physical features of a sexually immature boy.

A pedophile and a homosexual are not the same thing - and while i would make the statement that most pedophiles have been sexually abused themselves, it is NOT true that most victims, like yourself, go on to become pedophiles (and they're NOT turned gay either!)

While we're on the subject, let us look at

"The Child Abuse Poppycock"
The idea of trying to blame homosexuals for any child abuse is shear poppycock! As 7/12/94 article in USA Today "Child Molesters Rarely Homosexual" points out a child is 100 times as likely to be sexually abused by a heterosexual than a gay adult. It's unfair to connect pedophile with gay or lesbians.

The view that homosexuals are likely child molesters often underlies custody challenges filed against gay parents and the dismissal of gay Boy Scout and youth group leaders.

Dr. Carole Jenny of the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, studied 269 sexual abused children examined during one year at Denver Children's Hospital. Investigation shows:

80% of girls were molested by a man who was or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the child's mother or another relative. 75% of boys were abused by males in heterosexual relationships with female relatives.

Only 1 of 219 girls was molested by a lesbian; 1 out of 50 boys by a gay male. This is a much lower percentage than the likely 6-10% of the population that is homosexual, therefore the incidence of gays molesting is much lower than the rate for heterosexuals.

http://pages.ivillage.com/nazut/circle/id11.html

and finally:

"Children Raised in Homosexual Homes"

Heterosexual children raised by homosexuals could no more "become" homosexual than a brown-eyed child raised with blue-eyed parents would eventually become blue-eyed. As reported in USA Today 8/16/94 "Gay men likely to raise heterosexual sons". Why is it that nearly every homosexual child was raised in heterosexual homes where heterosexuality was not only the norm but expected and encouraged? Regardless of the home environment, people are the sexual orientation they are and home influences will not and cannot change that anymore than it could cause one to change eye color.

Remember, in talking about homosexuals, we're not talking about a group of immoral, twisted, perverted people who woke up one morning and said "I'm going to choose to become homosexual." Their orientation was not a matter of choice and is a permanent part of their being, hence it is immoral for any family or church to pressure such people to even try to change.

http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/section16.html

--------------------

OfflineWaveRider
In search ofWisdom

Loc: CANADA
Re: homosexuality [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1215253 - 01/13/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I do not mean to offend anyone when I say this but homosexuality does seem like an odd life style. That is to say that it is not a usefull practice. Again I do not mean to offend anyone but if one is meant to be a homosexual then perhaps that person is not meant to pass on their genes to the next generation. I know it is possible to have sex with a woman/man and produce a child that way but a homosexual cannot produce a child with a life parterner since that parterner is of the same sex. This is why, in the wild, displays of bisexuallity occurs more often then just homosexuality. That being said I am almost sure that homosexuality may be genetic in which case it is a disorder (again not trying to offend anyone). I say it is a disorder because, as classified in scientific journals, any mutation (ie: variation from 'normal breed standers') that does not lead to a fit (as explained by Darwin: adaptations that suit the environment and are able to pass on its genes to the next generation) individual.
I don't thing there is anything wrong with being who you are and I think every one, regardless of ethic group, sex and sexual orientation, needs to have the same rights. I don't agree with being called a homophobic for thinking the way I do or telling a child the difference between having two mommies or daddies or one of each. If you are a homosexual you will have to deal with being different. This cannot be achieved by making everyone in the world love and accept you, you must accept who you are. I don't enjoy getting hit on by a homosexual person and find it disturbing to be looked at when I am in a changing room at the gym. I am never rude or make a scene about because everyone makes mistakes. Well that is just my opinion and once again I do not mean to offend anyone by what I said.

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer, the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path."

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1215291 - 01/13/03 04:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I remember my psychology professor saying that working mothers were under more stress because of their being in a working environment during pregnancy, this added stress (in some mothers) causes some horomone to be released more often, which could have some side-effects on the infant's brain, causing it to later in life lean more torwards homosexuality. I have no idea of the legitamacy of his statement and Im certainly not claiming it as scientific fact, but that's just what he said.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder