Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpaced_Cowboy
Stranger

Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit
    #11374005 - 11/03/09 02:03 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Just finished watching fear and loathing in las vegas, and they use this drug called agrenacomb or something, suposidly from human adrenaline glands or some crazy shit. This stuff real or is it just put in there for the movie ty

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDesertSolitaire
counting sand

Loc: Colorado Plateau
Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: Spaced_Cowboy]
    #11374015 - 11/03/09 02:04 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

its the adrenaline gland of a human being. its real

--------------------
Signature.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#11374018 - 11/03/09 02:04 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Adrenal Chrome. Its real but its not really a hallucinogenic. From what they know. No one takes it lol. Good movie though. Made my heart race when the carpet in that one seen was crawling up the dudes pants. haha ohhh acid.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: Triptonic]
    #11374138 - 11/03/09 02:36 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/adrenochrome/adrenochrome.shtml

Quote:

When considering adrenochrome, it's helpful to remember that "adrenochrome" refers to two distinct things: 1) a metabolite of endogenous epinephrine occurring spontaneously in the body, 2) a byproduct of metabolized pharmaceutical epinephrine. Endogenous adrenochrome has been widely researched for its possible role in schizophrenia. It is described as a hallucinogen or psychotomimetic and a cholinesterase inhibitor. Cholinesterase is one of many important enzymes needed for the proper functioning of the nervous system.

Interest in adrenochrome as a deliberately administered psychoactive is largely a persisting myth popularized by Hunter S. Thompson's writing. The oral ingestion of a vial by the main character of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is not substantiated by published research or reports, which usually refer to the endogenous metabolite.

A derivative of adrenochrome, adrenochrome monosemicarbazone (or carbazochrome salicylate) is marketed in some countries for the prevention of certain types of bleeding, both IM and in tablets.

History #
Adrenochrome's history is intimately tied to its identity as a metabolite of epinephrine. In Canada, it is rumored that during World War II, supplies of fresh adrenaline sometimes ran short. In emergencies, when some patients had to be given adrenaline from old stock -- adrenaline that had oxidized and turned slightly pink -- they experienced temporary hallucinations. This effect is substantiated today by product inserts in injectable epinephrine products which warn, "Do not use if it is pink, brown or contains precipitate. Epinephrine is sensitive to light and air, and is unstable in 5% dextrose." [Epinephrine is indicated in the emergency treatment of acute allergic reactions to various allergens as well as idiopathic or exercise-induced anaphylaxis.]

The effects of exogenous adrenochrome have not been thoroughly documented, it is reputed to cause disorientation and hallucinations.

Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone, a pharmaceutical derivative of adrenochrome, was described in Adam Gottlieb's 1973 book Legal Highs, as "Physical (sic) stimulating, feeling of well-being, slight reduction of thought processes."

from the "debunking the myth" experience report:

Quote:

My experimentations with Adrenochrome:

I had acquired D,L-Adrenochrome freebase (the one sold at 70euros for 250mg)

first trial: I held 100mg under my tongue for 1 minute and then swallowed. Fast onset (about 5 minutes)

second trial: I snorted 50mg. Onset: a few seconds.

third trial : I smoked 25mg (vaporised in a crack pipe). Onset is almost instant.

Note that I waited a few days between each trial.

The three trials gave me the exact same effects, which were very light and really uninteresting (I wouldn't even call it a high).

First, it's wasn't hallucinogen nor psychedelic. I had a feeling of warmth through my body, I felt a numbness in my hands and my head (possibly linked to the haemostatic effect), there was some slight sedation, and a very slight short lived euphoria (the euphoria was a slightly more pronouced when smoked, but still very short lived)
There's also some minor visual change (no visuals, just that I would see the room slightly differently than usual, but honestly that was some really minor change, a joint of hashish would have done the same, nothing really noticeable). There might be some slight myosis too (=little pupils), not really sure.

To sum up, effects were extremely weak, absolutely not fun nor psychedelic in anyway, and short lived (I would say the slight initial euphoria is gone within 4-5 minutes, and the few strange feelings that I experience from the stuff are gone within about 1 hour (I couldn't say the exact duration as I didn't really checked my watch)
Needless to say I was very disappointed by this uninteresting compound.

The effects I had from it were flimsy, there was a definite effect on my vision and my mental state for sure but I would definitely not call it 'hallucinogenic'.

SO, I might have wanted to try higher dosages just in case this could intensify any effects (let's say 250mg orally, 100mg snorted and 100mg vaporised), or I might have wanted to try the other adrenochrome (the one sold at 110euro/50g) just to make sure it is the same...but I didn't as I had better things to do with my money and I was pretty sure that even if this would give me some more effect, that would still be of poor recreational/spiritual interest.

Also, about possible secondary effects of adrenochrome: as it is an haemostatic compound (prevents capillary bleeding during injury) it is not impossible that excessive use would end up causing blood circulation troubles, furthermore some scientists seem to say that adrenochrome is known to cause cardiovascular troubles.

To conclude I would say that this is an uninteresting substance to my opinion, and furthermore it's possibly a dangerous one.

another person reports of IV use causing pretty much nothing but 2 weeks of horrible headaches

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: Triptonic]
    #11374141 - 11/03/09 02:37 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Its just oxidized adrenaline. Theres was alot of talk about it years ago in the psychiatry field. They claim adrenaline may become oxidized in the brain, becoming one of the main precursors of schizophrenia. This is unproven.

There are almost zero studies on the chemical. But even Hunter Thompson admits the book was exaggerated and nothing close to this adrenochrome experience actually happened

--------------------

OfflineGutteralRetch
Third Eye Opened
Male

Loc: Bay Area
Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11374278 - 11/03/09 03:27 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hunter S. Thompson

R.I.P.

--------------------
GuTTErAL rETCH ~ PRYING OPEN MY THiRD EYE

Has anyone else felt like this?

OfflineSomnivore7
Psychonaut

Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: GutteralRetch]
    #11374618 - 11/03/09 05:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

That aprt was dope though.

--------------------
No one ever becomes what others thought they should have been.

OfflineSpaced_Cowboy
Stranger

Re: Fear and Loathing Adrena Comb or some shit [Re: Somnivore7]
    #11380963 - 11/04/09 01:34 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha I new i was to good to be true lol had to find out for sure though:p sick ass movie for sure though

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
    #11381119 - 11/04/09 02:21 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

huh thats funny i was just thinking about this an hour or so ago. i was looking through the pdfs on this site and it is mentioned in the beginning of doors of perception.

i've been reading true hallucinations though. this site fucking rocks!

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience