Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechris_antz
The Amateur
 User Gallery

Loc: Bluegrass
Question/Roll and Dip method
    #11373383 - 11/02/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,

I havent tried the roll and dip method yet. I saw the method used at mushroomvideos.com

Is it reccomended? I'm working with the basic BRF Tek and Syringes...

Thank You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question/Roll and Dip method [Re: chris_antz]
    #11373410 - 11/02/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chris_antz said:
Hello,

I havent tried the roll and dip method yet. I saw the method used at mushroomvideos.com

Is it reccomended? I'm working with the basic BRF Tek and Syringes...

Thank You

The dunk and roll?  Yes, it's recommended, otherwise RR probably wouldn't have put it in the video.  After the cake is fully colonized, it is usually very dehydrated, and dunking, then rolling will replace all of that moisture.  It should be done before the first flush, and in between flushes.  Some say it helps to put the container in the fridge during the dunk, but others say the temp drop causing fruiting is bunk.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Offlinenexus1946
Rebel
 User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Question/Roll and Dip method [Re: cowfodder]
    #11373443 - 11/02/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes it's recommended.

Do it just as the video instructs.

--------------------
Gypsum/Drywall Tek
The Story Of Russell The Texas (Cube) Bear

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
-Arnold J. Toynbee

Offlinechris_antz
The Amateur
 User Gallery

Re: Question/Roll and Dip method [Re: nexus1946]
    #11373469 - 11/02/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay thanks,

I used that video off google the first time, then found the mushroomvideos.com

Dunk and roll wasn't included in the google video

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11373498 - 11/02/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, sorry, forgot that it's not in the preview, but it's definitely in the full thing.  Just place the cakes in a pot of cold water, with a plate on top to keep them submerged, place the lid on top and let them sit 12-24 hours.  Roll in dry verm, place in your FC, then after 2 hours mist the cakes every 2 hours for the next 6 hours or so. 

That's the condensed version from RR's video.  I highly recommend picking it up.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
    #11373520 - 11/02/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes, dont forget to dunk and roll. i sterilized my vermiculite in the oven on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes on 350. let cool, then rolled the cakes in it.

some people put them in the fridge while dunking but i didnt. im having quite a nice success with my cakes and cakes turned into trays...

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Offlinechris_antz
The Amateur
 User Gallery

#11373522 - 11/02/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm really trying to get a higher yield and a "better" product this time. I've only done two total batches this time, but am becoming really interested in mycology.
Thanks for the help

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
    #11373543 - 11/02/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude, if u have some money, get some trays and make some 50/50+ casing stuff. i took 2 4 ounce cakes and cased them. check out the difference between 1 b+ cake, and 2 cakes crumbled and cased. both were birthed the same day...

case them bitches!!! its amazing!!!

this is my first grow, and i say fuck the bullshit cakes, i have about 20 cakes ready to be birthed in the next few days. im casing all of them after seeing how amazing its working!!! i counted 60 fucking mushrooms on that one tray...

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Edited by PilzeEssen (11/02/09 10:43 PM)

Offlinepandelic
Wild Panda
Male User Gallery

#11373556 - 11/02/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cowfodder said:

The dunk and roll?  Yes, it's recommended, otherwise RR probably wouldn't have put it in the video.  After the cake is fully colonized, it is usually very dehydrated, and dunking, then rolling will replace all of that moisture.  It should be done before the first flush, and in between flushes.  Some say it helps to put the container in the fridge during the dunk, but others say the temp drop causing fruiting is bunk.

Very true, very cold water dunking is only necessary on some strains, not needed for cubes, but yeah the dunk verm will keep your cakes better hydrated

Offlinechris_antz
The Amateur
 User Gallery

Re: Question/Roll and Dip method [Re: pandelic]
    #11373601 - 11/02/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'll check that out. Sounds interesting, I only saw a little bit of information, but I'm about to look again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures