Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
'Mushrooms for Health' at Farmer's Fare....[MD]
    #11369076 - 11/02/09 02:57 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Nov. 2 09 - Village Soup

ROCKPORT (Nov 2): Midcoast mycologist Greg Marley will introduce his new book "Mushrooms for Health: Medicinal Secrets of Northeastern Fungi" Saturday, Nov. 7 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Farmers Fare, corner of West (Route 90) and Cross streets.

The author will give a brief presentation on the mushrooms covered in the Down East Books volume, those that are good for your health and your dinner plate, followed by a sampling of mushrooms indigenous to the Northeast. Farmers Fare also will offer their menu of Maine wines and beers to compliment the event."Mushrooms for Health" discusses in great depth the world's best researched and supported medicinal mushrooms. Marley focuses on 10 mushroom species found in New England and elsewhere. In each case, there are no poisonous look-alikes discussed in the book. It is an informational guidebook on regional mycology complete with 20 color photographs that will appeal to anyone who enjoys foraging and who has an interest in alternative, self-directed health care.

Marley of Rockland has studied mushrooms for more than 30 years. He has a bachelor of science in botany with a minor in chemistry and a focus on plant taxonomy and ecology; and he is a volunteer consultant for the Northern New England Poison Control Center and various hospital emergency rooms for cases involving mushroom ingestion and identification. He also cultivates edible and medicinal mushrooms and provides wild edible mushrooms to professional chefs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
Re: 'Mushrooms for Health' at Farmer's Fare....[MD] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11369396 - 11/02/09 03:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

This looks like an interesting read... :smile:

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: 'Mushrooms for Health' at Farmer's Fare....[MD] [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #11369514 - 11/02/09 03:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I live on the West coast but am still going to keep my eyes peeled for it. I think it sounds good as well.

I'm sure it will pop up in Half Price Books eventually. I have my girlfriend and best friend snatch up any book on mycology (they work there).

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: 'Mushrooms for Health' at Farmer's Fare....[MD] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11370663 - 11/02/09 06:23 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Well, think I might just have to make an appearance, if just to hear what he has to say, he sounds like he for certain knows his shit. It's weird, if I don't go to school for nursing I'm going to major in Botany and minor in Chem. I'd love to pick his brain for awhile.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineShroomFrog
Strange Figment
 User Gallery

Loc: un-transubstantiated
Re: 'Mushrooms for Health' at Farmer's Fare....[MD] [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11374150 - 11/03/09 02:40 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

If only I was able to get up to Rockport this weekend!  Still a book I am interested in, especially since I'm in the northeast.

--------------------
Yes, that string of words I arranged together does make sense!

Some mushrooms you only eat once.

Either you have morels or you don't  -Mycological humor

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service