Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
how do YOU dry your mushrooms???
    #11368117 - 11/02/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im going to be making my first harvest in the next few days, and i have nothing set up to dry the mushrooms.

just curious how you all do it, what the preferred method is, etc. i used the search but found no kind of teks. im thinking about picking up a food dehydrator, but then again i dont know how big the mushrooms are going to end up being. B+ might not fit in the dehydrator (or will they?)

what about desiccant? cant i just put some in the bottom of a tub, and hang screen up 4-5 inches about the bottom and put the mushrooms on the screen and close the lid?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11368128 - 11/02/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Use your desiccant idea after fan drying for 24-48 hrs.

If you want to use a dehydrator and they don't fit, chop 'em up.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

OfflinePorcoa
Stranger
Male

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11368145 - 11/02/09 10:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/10256/PF-Tek-v2
That Tek has ways to dry shroomies, Down near the bottom.

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11368155 - 11/02/09 10:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I put mine on a big cutting board and put that on top of my refridgerator. Temp up ther is between 90 and 120 degrees. After 2 days of drying out when they feel crispy, I put them in my desicant chamber ( damprid with a wire screen above it to hold the shrooms) for an aditional 3 days. Then I store them in a mason jar with a couple silica packs. GL

--------------------

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #11368171 - 11/02/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

where can you buy silica packets?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #11368189 - 11/02/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I found mine with some luggage at Walmart. There laying all over the place. Or you could go to a shoe store and ask for some packets too.

--------------------

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #11368195 - 11/02/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I use a Nesco fd-61 ... Its very efficient... Got 67 g. Dry in 5 hours:bobmarley:

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

OfflinePilzeEssen

#11368199 - 11/02/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

holy shit, theyll dry that quick?!

do you have to break your caps and stems apart before you put them in or does it have enough room?

i think im going to go for the desiccant...

--------------------

Edited by PilzeEssen (11/02/09 10:39 AM)

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11368220 - 11/02/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i use... lol... puppy training mats :laugh: they are more handy for other things too

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: churl]
    #11368235 - 11/02/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

churl said:
i use... lol... puppy training mats :laugh: they are more handy for other things too

i just threw a pack of those away...

oh well. i have a tub, i have steel screen. im going to go buy some desiccant and just dry them that way... probably fan dry them for a bit and then put them in with the desiccant.

--------------------

OfflineNoOneKnowsHowToAct
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: botanisthype]
    #11368262 - 11/02/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

botanisthype said:
I use a Nesco fd-61 ... Its very efficient... Got 67 g. Dry in 5 hours:bobmarley:

I just bought one of these. What temperature setting do you use? I tried the lowest setting, and it works, but it takes ~ 36+ hours from pick to cracker dry.

I also have 5 lbs of drierite on the way for long term storage.

--------------------
Winner of 2 of TacoHerder's 2 cultivation contests!
Most recent contest posts:
inoculation
Ready for spawning
Substrate done colonizing
Pins
Pins #2
First flush

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11368264 - 11/02/09 10:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

great for a clean area, liquid doesnt seep through they hold onto the moisture... i dont even own a dog :smile: makes many things easier if u dont use a glove box, and it makes my mushies dry enough and then i use a desiccant for storage

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

InvisibleGetafixx
NotaRoman
Male User Gallery

Loc: 2nd Continent on the Left
    #11368280 - 11/02/09 10:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Swim puts them in a convection oven set at the lowest temp and leaves the oven door open a few inches, The temp is usually  around 40-45*c
They Dry in 5-7 hours.
If your oven does not have a fan then use a normal oscillating fan pointed at the opening of the oven door.
make sure the shrooms are not too close to the heating element otherwise they will turn black.

Crispy Mushrooms that retain their perdy color.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, when you look at the job in hand you are actually screwing yourself.

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: Getafixx]
    #11368322 - 11/02/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Man,I still have an old crt pc monitor,and I set my shroom on the back of it.The heat coming out the back dries them in only a few hours.

InvisibleGetafixx
NotaRoman
Male User Gallery

Loc: 2nd Continent on the Left
Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: KBG1977]
    #11368355 - 11/02/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KBG1977 said:
Man,I still have an old crt pc monitor,and I set my shroom on the back of it.The heat coming out the back dries them in only a few hours.

LoL,:rofl2: Nice 1

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, when you look at the job in hand you are actually screwing yourself.

OfflineBugs
Zenmaster
Male User Gallery

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: Getafixx]
    #11368378 - 11/02/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I sit them in paper towel folded, placed in a strainer near vents/air flow. Takes a day or so.

--------------------
Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair. Ieyasu Tokugawa

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: Bugs]
    #11368462 - 11/02/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what if i just cut up a paper bag and put it on the ground in a closet, lay the mushrooms down on the paper and put a fan blowing across them, turning them over every few hours or so?

--------------------

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: NoOneKnowsHowToAct]
    #11368661 - 11/02/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NoOneKnowsHowToAct said:
Quote:

botanisthype said:

I just bought one of these. What temperature setting do you use? I tried the lowest setting, and it works, but it takes ~ 36+ hours from pick to cracker dry.

I also have 5 lbs of drierite on the way for long term storage.

i followed the instructions on the manual - 90 deg. For 2-3 hours then 145 after ...

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

OfflineMissShroom
Future Legend
Female

Loc: Finland
    #11369028 - 11/02/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
what if i just cut up a paper bag and put it on the ground in a closet, lay the mushrooms down on the paper and put a fan blowing across them, turning them over every few hours or so?

Why not? I just lay them on the newspaper, even without any fan and turn them every now and then. Sometimes I use those netbags you get from vegetables like onions etc. Just put the shrooms inside and hang it somewhere and shake them when remember. I always cut them in pieces before drying, so these systems work for small pieces/small shrooms, wouldn't use with the fat ones.

--------------------
:heart:Keep loving one another:heart:

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: how do YOU dry your mushrooms??? [Re: MissShroom]
    #11369150 - 11/02/09 01:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if you live in a dry region all you need is a fan.

if its very humid then use a food dehydrator and then put them in SEALED AIR TIGHT containers.

cracker dry shrooms will suck up moisture if its there.

ive seen cracker dry get less than cracker after a few days.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom