Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
don't lose your drivers license
    #11368812 - 11/02/09 02:21 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

it is a fucking nightmare to get another copy.

i first tried to get a copy in september when i got down to campus. i looked on the website for the DMV, it clearly says you need two forms of identification. one form has to be official, like a birth cert or a passport. the second is just a photo ID.

i'm at school and i don't have my official documents here with me, so i made a specific trip home to get my birth certificate. i get back to school, ride my bike over to the DMV, and they refuse to give me a copy. why? because the dumbasses have recently changed the documentation requirements, but haven't updated their site. you now need a social security card as well as those two forms of identification. fuck.

i don't have my card, and  there's no way i am going to trust the post office with my only copy of my SS card. i explain the situation to the lady. and at first she gives me an attitude but finally tells me that i can get by with a printed out version of my SS card, as long as it's from the social security administration (ie, not a certified copy, which take MONTHS to get processed). the only problem is the SSA is on the other side of campus, 8 miles away.

today i finally have some spare time to get over there during their craptastic hours (10-5, M-F). well i didn't really, but i am sick of not having my license, so i said fuck it and skipped my 2 hour afternoon class. i get over there around 12, and the place is PACKED. i mean, 15-20 people waiting in line with tickets, and only one window! i try to go up to talk to the lady, explain that i only need a quick print out, but the security guard tells me i need to get a ticket and wait in line like the rest.

i take a ticket and go to the back. i ask the guys back there how long they've been waiting. none of them can even give me a coherent answer....just "idk..."wuts yooor ticket numba." bunch of winos and crackheads, jesus. one lady notices me and takes some pitty. she says she's only been there for 30 minutes, but her number is 88 and i'm 91, and they are only on number 79..

at this point i realized that i would most likely be sitting here until they closed at that rate.  as much as i would just love to do that, i have class at 3 that i can't skip. so i will have to come back to that shithole again tomorrow and waste my whole morning and afternoon. then, when i'm done, i can ride 8 miles back over to the DMV and shove that little piece of paper up their ass.

tldr: government bureaucracy sucks. social security sucks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: JT]
    #11368853 - 11/02/09 02:29 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

The DMV is such a depressing, annoying, hate filled place. No matter your mood, you will be broken down to the point of wanting to kill somebody within an hour.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11368863 - 11/02/09 02:30 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I still have an unpaid ticket from four years ago when I was 16 for driving without a license; I cannot get my license until it is paid. :mad2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisiblevisions

Loc: utopia
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: Poid]
    #11368892 - 11/02/09 02:33 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I got cited the other week for having a " mutilated " drivers license
now I have to go to manditory court on nov. 23rd

I was like.... Really?

:doublefu:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: visions]
    #11368898 - 11/02/09 02:34 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I'd be SHIT pissed! :kingcrankey:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
    #11368901 - 11/02/09 02:35 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

My girlfriend's license expires this very day.

Can't wait to go and sit in line to get a renewel
(didn't do it through mail cuz she wanted to get a new pic)

I got nothing better to do :shrug:

--------------------
DG
:plur:

Invisiblevisions

#11368926 - 11/02/09 02:37 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I'd be SHIT pissed! :kingcrankey:

indeed

he slapped another citation on me for $156 on top of that nonsense
ihatethatcop

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11368934 - 11/02/09 02:38 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Kick hiss ass, sea-bass!  :hillbilly:

:fishgun:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#11368954 - 11/02/09 02:42 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

How much are licenses these days?  I've heard they are around $60 here in FL

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

#11369629 - 11/02/09 04:10 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

gzuf said:
The DMV is such a depressing, annoying, hate filled place. No matter your mood, you will be broken down to the point of wanting to kill somebody within an hour.

QFT

Quote:

visions said:
I got cited the other week for having a " mutilated " drivers license
now I have to go to manditory court on nov. 23rd

:doublefu:

that is incredibly weak...those are the kind of laws that ordinary officers don't enforce. he must have been on a real power trip.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
    #11369657 - 11/02/09 04:15 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I got a DUI last year.  Lost my license for 90 days.  The kind of lost you Have to sit through...  That sucked shit.

On top of that I blew a 0.082.  Legal limit is 0.080.  Used to be 0.10. 

Edited by DRTMaverick (11/02/09 04:16 PM)

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: Maverick]
    #11369734 - 11/02/09 04:26 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

damn that sucks im in the same boat i cant wait to get my license back in a couple months!

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #11369813 - 11/02/09 04:34 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

JT said:
it is a fucking nightmare to get another copy.

i first tried to get a copy in september when i got down to campus. i looked on the website for the DMV, it clearly says you need two forms of identification. one form has to be official, like a birth cert or a passport. the second is just a photo ID.

i'm at school and i don't have my official documents here with me, so i made a specific trip home to get my birth certificate. i get back to school, ride my bike over to the DMV, and they refuse to give me a copy. why? because the dumbasses have recently changed the documentation requirements, but haven't updated their site. you now need a social security card as well as those two forms of identification. fuck.

i don't have my card, and  there's no way i am going to trust the post office with my only copy of my SS card. i explain the situation to the lady. and at first she gives me an attitude but finally tells me that i can get by with a printed out version of my SS card, as long as it's from the social security administration (ie, not a certified copy, which take MONTHS to get processed). the only problem is the SSA is on the other side of campus, 8 miles away.

today i finally have some spare time to get over there during their craptastic hours (10-5, M-F). well i didn't really, but i am sick of not having my license, so i said fuck it and skipped my 2 hour afternoon class. i get over there around 12, and the place is PACKED. i mean, 15-20 people waiting in line with tickets, and only one window! i try to go up to talk to the lady, explain that i only need a quick print out, but the security guard tells me i need to get a ticket and wait in line like the rest.

i take a ticket and go to the back. i ask the guys back there how long they've been waiting. none of them can even give me a coherent answer....just "idk..."wuts yooor ticket numba." bunch of winos and crackheads, jesus. one lady notices me and takes some pitty. she says she's only been there for 30 minutes, but her number is 88 and i'm 91, and they are only on number 79..

at this point i realized that i would most likely be sitting here until they closed at that rate.  as much as i would just love to do that, i have class at 3 that i can't skip. so i will have to come back to that shithole again tomorrow and waste my whole morning and afternoon. then, when i'm done, i can ride 8 miles back over to the DMV and shove that little piece of paper up their ass.

tldr: government bureaucracy sucks. social security sucks.

That sucks. I lost my drivers license recently, went to the dmt, waited for about an hour, payed the 20$ replacement fee and got a temporary paper license thing. Replacement was in my mailbox in a week or less.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rippin Waves
    #11369839 - 11/02/09 04:38 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
I got a DUI last year.  Lost my license for 90 days.  The kind of lost you Have to sit through...  That sucked shit.

On top of that I blew a 0.082.  Legal limit is 0.080.  Used to be 0.10. 

DUI's are horrible! Getting mine back this week from my DUI adventure.

--------------------

Invisiblevisions

Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #11369878 - 11/02/09 04:43 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I'm sitting at the collectors office waiting in this god forsaken neverending line
for an ID replacement.
Yes JT, that cop was a douche, I forgot to mention that he pulled me over 20 yards from my house. :sad:

--------------------

OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: All We Perceive]
    #11369952 - 11/02/09 04:54 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:
How much are licenses these days?  I've heard they are around $60 here in FL

I thought it was like $20

--------------------
DG
:plur:

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: DeeGee]
    #11369976 - 11/02/09 04:57 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

It went up to $25.00 here.  $10.00 increase, and the sad thing is, it takes about 4-6 weeks to get your new license.  You pay 10 dollars more to get it mailed to you instead of printed right there at the DMV, so they can 'avoid' counterfeiting.  I say you should pay 10 dollars less for the inconvenience of not having an ID that you can purchase anything with.  I try to buy shit in the store with one of those and I get "This isn't a valid picture ID, we can't sell to you." 

Makes me want to just go "Oh" and walk out the door with the 6-pack while they are screaming "Hey you can't do that!"

OfflineDrMambo
hamburger time
 User Gallery

Loc: 53rd & 3rd
    #11370148 - 11/02/09 05:19 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
It went up to $25.00 here.  $10.00 increase, and the sad thing is, it takes about 4-6 weeks to get your new license.  You pay 10 dollars more to get it mailed to you instead of printed right there at the DMV, so they can 'avoid' counterfeiting.  I say you should pay 10 dollars less for the inconvenience of not having an ID that you can purchase anything with.  I try to buy shit in the store with one of those and I get "This isn't a valid picture ID, we can't sell to you." 

Makes me want to just go "Oh" and walk out the door with the 6-pack while they are screaming "Hey you can't do that!"

Tell me about it. I finally turned 21 and was harangued by a lady explaining that, yes, she knew it was me, but, no, she could not sell me beer.

Because, even though she believed it was me and a real license and that I was over 21, it had expired.

I rudely told her she never used to question my fake :evil:.

--------------------

"Yeah, he's a professor...... OF BEING A DOG!"

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: don't lose your drivers license [Re: DrMambo]
    #11370160 - 11/02/09 05:22 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

In addition to that, it's not their job to reject an expired license.  The only thing they need to do is look at the fucking Year you were Born as proof that you were born then.  I'd tell anyone who complained about it being expired that their job was not the DMV.  I'd be like "I went through the same training as you, and never once was I told to be a cuntface and reject expired licenses."  It's not my problem as long as it says they're old enough.  License expiration doesnt' have to do with age, it has to do with driving abilities and government records.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

#11370162 - 11/02/09 05:22 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

wow, so when i go back they are only going to give me a paper version? i don't even have a car on campus so that's all i use it for lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub