Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

My best friends Mom tried to set me up with her friend...
    #11368383 - 11/02/09 01:11 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

So, I am currently going through a break up (divorce eventually) and I've been spending a lot of time around my best friend and his family.
This Saturday (Halloween) I had my Son and was invited to go trick or treating with my best friend and his nieces and nephews.

We all met up at his step Mom and Dad's house where the step Mom has a friend of hers from work over, these women are in their 40's to early 50's. I myself just turned 40 this past month and so since the Step Mom knew that I was newly single, she had gotten the bright idea to try and set me and her friend up since apparently this lady is 40(ish).

I told her basically that I am not ready to start trying to find my ex-Wife's replacement just yet and she was ruthless in her resolve to convince me otherwise. I politely and uncomfortably kept saying the same thing and finally had to agree to get her (Step Mom's) number to arrange something with her friend. I have no intention on doing that, but I really just wanted to get her off of my case.

The lady that she was trying to hook me up with might be my age, but I look a lot younger than I am and am a pretty good looking man as well.
Not to sound like too much of a prick but even though I am technically 40 I look younger and the woman I end up hooking up with will have to be of at least the same class as I.
This lady may have been 40 or in her early 40's but she looked much older and was frumpy and grandma looking.

I felt hella bad after because this lady was probably the type of woman I should be trying to hook up with age wise but I just got done with a 5 year relationship with a girl 15 years younger than me (25 next month and gorgeous) and before that all my girl friends have been exactly 3 years younger than me (not planned that way) and really pretty to model beautiful.

I know that as I get older the women that I have to choose from will get older as well but I am allowed to have some standards, right?

Should I feel bad? Because I kind of still do.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub