Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rippin Waves
Re: I can't concentrate on studying, any tips (preferably w/out drugs) [Re: dkamp18]
    #11366287 - 11/01/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

See this is why I can't study.

I decided to give up and finish hw tomorrow instead of lying to myself of finishing anytime soon.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: I can't concentrate on studying, any tips (preferably w/out drugs) [Re: learningtofly]
    #11366310 - 11/01/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Any tips on how to stay focused? I swear I can't study for longer than 15minutes without going off on some tangent.

or is this just one of those things that i just gotta' do?

-Cut out greasy foods, junk food, excessive processed sugar.
+Eat more fruits, fish, and carbohydrates.
+Study in a boring environment(an old library, or a room without a television, laptop, or music)
+Be sure to implement a normal sleep cycle and get 8-10 hours of sleep.
+A lot of people use coffee to get in the zone, but if you don't like coffee you can try studying with tea, it may make you more patient.
+Create a time schedule for yourself, and give yourself 20-30 more minutes than you think it will take. This will give you a feeling of being ahead in your work, and allow you to take a 20minute break when you're done with one task.

--------------------

Edited by Neuron (11/01/09 11:18 PM)

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: I can't concentrate on studying, any tips (preferably w/out drugs) [Re: Neuron]
    #11366318 - 11/01/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
+Study in a boring environment(an old library, or a room without a television, laptop, or music)
+A lot of people use coffee to get in the zone, but if you don't like coffee you can try studying with tea, it may make you more patient.

All these are great tips.  I have found all of them to be useful for me in my school career.

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: I can't concentrate on studying, any tips (preferably w/out drugs) [Re: Neuron]
    #11366375 - 11/01/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:
Any tips on how to stay focused? I swear I can't study for longer than 15minutes without going off on some tangent.

+Create a time schedule for yourself, and give yourself 20-30 more minutes than you think it will take. This will give you a feeling of being ahead in your work, and allow you to take a 20minute break when you're done with one task.

great advice... especially on sleeping.
allowing the body a fair amount of sleep on a regular schedule can do a million and one wonders on general well-being; certainly mental health, concentration, focus, mood, motivation etc. and not to mention relieves a lot of stress (body and mind)
being an avid bodybuilder and early student in physics i can attest to the phenomenal results one can get from just allowing the body a regular cycle of rest and a healthy diet

and while studying you might benefit from picking up some yerba mate guayaki tea, it has enough caffeine to keep you alert but not as much as most other stimulating products to make you nervous and jittery
it also has a lot of beneficial ingredients that can aid in mood, focus, and concentration

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11367556 - 11/02/09 07:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:

i'm gonna do all of this starting today and get back to you.

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: I can't concentrate on studying, any tips (preferably w/out drugs) [Re: learningtofly]
    #11367575 - 11/02/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
or is this just one of those thangs that i just gotta' be doin'?

Yeah they are them thangs u gotta be doin'.

It's all about self-discipline, being around the shroomery makes it hard to study, so you will have to cut that out of the picture temporarily as you study.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale