Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Love
    #11367461 - 11/02/09 08:50 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

A new batch of my writing.

As always with my writings, they are unfinished, so all critiques are welcome.

http://www.wedietorememberwhatwelivetoforget.com/

--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 05:24 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Re: Love [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11367464 - 11/02/09 08:51 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 05:25 PM)

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11367465 - 11/02/09 08:51 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 05:25 PM)

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11367466 - 11/02/09 08:53 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"You superior humans, what do you think? Am I a soothsayer? A dreamer? Drunkard? A dream interpreter? A midnight-bell? A drop of dew? A haze and fragrance of eternity? Do you not hear it? Do you not smell it? Just now my world became perfect, midnight is also midday -- Pain is also a joy, curse is also a blessing, night is also a sun -- be gone! or you will learn: a wise man is also a fool. Did you ever say Yes to a single joy? Oh, my friends, then you said Yes to all woe as well. All things are chained together, entwined, in love -- if you ever wanted one time a second time, if you ever said 'You please me, happiness! Quick! Moment!' then you wanted it all back! -- All anew, all eternally, all chained together, entwined, in love, oh then you loved the world -- you eternal ones, love it eternally and for all time: and even to woe you say: Be gone, but come back! For all joy wants --Eternity!"  Nietzsche

"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of  optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."  Albert Einstein

All of this and more can be found on my website below in my sig.

Once again, these are merely stream of consciousness writings and I haven't gotten around to doing any serious editing yet, so please forgive some of the repetition/wandering.

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11367472 - 11/02/09 08:58 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like your saying chaos is needed for order

I don't believe its needed but I do however think we are being refined through the experience of suffering as you said

we're learning the hard way but I will never be made to believe that we HAD to learn the hard way(though there was no other way it could have unfolded but the option for learning without pain was given to us)

unfortunately our mistakes extend far beyond ourselves and future generations end up reaping the reward

let me ask you this:

do you believe that problems should be purposely created in order to perfect man?

you'd be surprised how many believe this and they justify it by viewing themselves as enlightened guru's who are guiding the evolution of man

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Re: Love [Re: Life Upon Death]
    #11367551 - 11/02/09 09:40 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Life Upon Death said:

I don't believe its needed but I do however think we are being refined through the experience of suffering as you said

we're learning the hard way but I will never be made to believe that we HAD to learn the hard way(though there was no other way it could have unfolded but the option for learning without pain was given to us)

unfortunately our mistakes extend far beyond ourselves and future generations end up reaping the reward

let me ask you this:

do you believe that problems should be purposely created in order to perfect man?

you'd be surprised how many believe this and they justify it by viewing themselves as enlightened guru's who are guiding the evolution of man

Absolutely not, however, you must realize that your question is moot in the eyes of eternity.

What will happen will happen, regardless of what we do; it doesn't matter. Problems cannot be "created" any more than they can be "prevented". Eternity is inevitable; our free will is an illusion, however, we can make better choices, but unfortunately this philosophy can only be grasped by a select few who have made themselves capable. It is esoteric knowledge for a reason; the masses are unable understand it due to a lack of will which must be granted by grace (which is the divine providence of eternity).

Unconsciousness is "easy", love is difficult, that is why Christ said that he came with a sword; he is the dividing line between love and fear. To be divisive is to delineate our dichotomistic nature, which results in morality.

Everything is necessary, no matter how unfortunate you think that may be, it's the only truth that we have.

Life is inevitable; stupidity is inevitable.

However, love can transcend stupidity.

Yet, you cannot have love without unconsciousness.

People are merely pawns in a game which is a grand illusion, to ask such questions is to misunderstand what is being discussed.

No offense, of course.

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11367606 - 11/02/09 10:08 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BrainFood said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:

let me ask you this:

Absolutely not, however, you must realize that your question is moot in the eyes of eternity.

What will happen will happen, regardless of what we do; it doesn't matter. Problems cannot be "created" any more than they can be "prevented". Eternity is inevitable; our free will is an illusion, however, we can make better choices, but unfortunately this philosophy can only be grasped by a select few who have made themselves capable. It is esoteric knowledge for a reason; the masses are unable understand it due to a lack of will which must be granted by grace (which is the divine providence of eternity).

Unconsciousness is "easy", love is difficult, that is why Christ said that he came with a sword; he is the dividing line between love and fear. To be divisive is to delineate our dichotomistic nature, which results in morality.

Everything is necessary, no matter how unfortunate you think that may be, it's the only truth that we have.

People are merely pawns in a game which is a grand illusion, to ask such questions is to misunderstand what is being discussed.

No offense, of course.

I always interpreted the sword to refer to the word of the God

spiritual weapons

Hebrews 4:

12For (Q)the word of God is (R)living and (S)active and sharper than any two-edged (T)sword, and piercing as far as the division of (U)soul and (V)spirit, of both joints and marrow, and (W)able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Ephesians 6:

12For our (W)struggle is not against (X)flesh and blood, but (Y)against the rulers, against the powers, against the (Z)world forces of this (AA)darkness, against the (AB)spiritual forces of wickedness in (AC)the heavenly places.

13Therefore, take up (AD)the full armor of God, so that you will be able to (AE)resist in (AF)the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

14Stand firm therefore, (AG)HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING (AH)PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,

15and having (AI)shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;

16in addition to all, taking up the (AJ)shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the (AK)flaming arrows of (AL)the evil one.

17And take (AM)THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the (AN)sword of the Spirit, which is (AO)the word of God.

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11367641 - 11/02/09 10:23 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
Quote:

BrainFood said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:

let me ask you this:

No offense, of course.

spiritual weapons

Hebrews 4:

12For (Q)the word of God is (R)living and (S)active and sharper than any two-edged (T)sword, and piercing as far as the division of (U)soul and (V)spirit, of both joints and marrow, and (W)able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Ephesians 6:

12For our (W)struggle is not against (X)flesh and blood, but (Y)against the rulers, against the powers, against the (Z)world forces of this (AA)darkness, against the (AB)spiritual forces of wickedness in (AC)the heavenly places.

13Therefore, take up (AD)the full armor of God, so that you will be able to (AE)resist in (AF)the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

14Stand firm therefore, (AG)HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING (AH)PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,

16in addition to all, taking up the (AJ)shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the (AK)flaming arrows of (AL)the evil one.

17And take (AM)THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the (AN)sword of the Spirit, which is (AO)the word of God.

That doesn't take away from what I said, if anything it helps support it.

The sword, as the word of God, is the dividing force between good and evil, of which God represents; the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You must take religious parable for what it is; a metaphor.

The word of God as preached by Christ was Love.

Love divides because it forces you to make a choice between good and evil.

Paradoxical, but true; love is the realization of the dualistic nature of the universe, hence the allegory of a dividing sword.

You are either capable of love and are on the side of "good".

Or you are unconscious and you are on the side of evil.

The dividing sword, God's word, is the revelation of divine providence which is directing us toward unconditional love, however, unconditional love also means to accept evil(yet not give in to it), which is once again paradoxical.

Love is all-encompassing and so is God.

That is why God is love.

--------------------

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11367654 - 11/02/09 10:26 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BrainFood said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:
Quote:

BrainFood said:
Quote:

Life Upon Death said:

let me ask you this:

No offense, of course.

spiritual weapons

Hebrews 4:

Ephesians 6:

That doesn't take away from what I said, if anything it helps support it.

The sword, as the word of God, is the dividing force between good and evil, of which God represents; the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You must take religious parable for what it is; a metaphor.

The word of God as preached by Christ was Love.

Love divides because it forces you to make a choice between good and evil.

Paradoxical, but true; love is the realization of the dualistic nature of the universe, hence the allegory of a dividing sword.

You are either capable of love and are on the side of "good".

Or you are unconscious and you are on the side of evil.

The dividing sword, God's word, is the revelation of divine providence which is directing us toward unconditional love, however, unconditional love also means to accept evil(yet not give in to it), which is once again paradoxical.

Love is all-encompassing and so is God.

That is why God is love.

I agree

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11367663 - 11/02/09 10:30 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for your posts, I appreciate the feedback and thoughtful additions.

--------------------

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11368856 - 11/02/09 02:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 05:27 PM)

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11369680 - 11/02/09 04:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 05:27 PM)

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#11382241 - 11/04/09 10:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Bump for updates.

--------------------

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

#11393197 - 11/05/09 08:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

bump !

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: Love [Re: traviedigital]
    #11393466 - 11/05/09 09:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"meaning of life", "greater cause", "causing all evil to happen"?

:omgz:

and that's only in the first few sentences. you might want to clean up some of these subjective ideas.

and what the hell is good and evil? :confused:

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Love [Re: traviedigital]
    #11393480 - 11/05/09 09:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that unconditional love should be the basis of any healthy philosophy.  I do not agree that our attempts to defeat death via technology are futile, that there will be any conscious experience (recurring or otherwise) after death, or that the Universe itself will eternally recur... these points need to be backed up with persuasive evidence before I'll buy into 'em.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Love [Re: deCypher]
    #11393578 - 11/05/09 09:51 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: Love [Re: Icelander]
    #11393734 - 11/05/09 10:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yea! a lot of subjective assumptions are made, and it's lacking eviden--

Quote:

1 John 4

OH SHITTT...

:facepalm:

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

Invisiblerebus_minus
Re: Love [Re: deCypher]
    #11394729 - 11/06/09 12:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I agree that unconditional love should be the basis of any healthy philosophy.  I do not agree that our attempts to defeat death via technology are futile, that there will be any conscious experience (recurring or otherwise) after death, or that the Universe itself will eternally recur... these points need to be backed up with persuasive evidence before I'll buy into 'em.

Well I would expect most believers of these things to not base them on intellectual, rational deductions (or scribe-knowledge if you will), but rather suspect it based on mystical experiences. Of course these are not objective proofs in themselves, but it shouldn't be too hard to see why we might not want to disregard them completely in favor of a reasoning that imo can only be circular when it comes to these issues.

"In my highest states I have had the insight, which I will convey to you without saying it’s true, that this [human existence] is the most limited form of existence you will ever know. You can’t be deader than this. This is the bottom line, and so the good news is it’s only up from here."

terence mckenna

Edited by rebus_minus (11/06/09 12:33 AM)

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Re: Love [Re: rebus_minus]
    #11396413 - 11/06/09 10:19 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not trying to "sell" anyone into anything.

These are subjective truths; that should be obvious. If you went to my site, you would see in my preface that I discuss the nature of these ideas as such.

I'm not trying to convince anyone.

I'm just sharing some conclusions I have come to.

And by the way, I'm pantheistic, so relax on making the assumption that I'm a bible-thumper.

I quoted John for its relevance.

:psychsplit:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology