Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZeroFusion
Stranger
Loc: Australia, QLD
Panaelous(Copelandia) cyanescens hunting (specific conditions)
    #11367298 - 11/02/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well i've really only discovered the wonderfull world of mushrooms in the past two days when i realised that such a high could come from a cows droppings made me very excited, but after much reading and figuring out it's not as simple as running to some cow manure and picking some mushrooms and tripping out im not dispointed but keen to learn more detail about mushrooms.
The purpose of this post is specific for Panaelous(Copelandia) cyanescens i understand so far that they grow in manure and also after rain but what i would like to know is:
From how long after how much rain should i go and check manure like..
Raining for one or two days then check within x amount of hours and Should i be checking an area of grass containing cows on a flat area or hillside or close to water also what kind of manure is best dry or fresh? mainly specifics for Panaelous(Copelandia) cyanescens Thanks.

Also today i went for the hell of it to study some cow manure and found about 20 tiny mushrooms no larger then 10mm in diamter of the head of the mushroom all were very dried out and unable to get a bruising most just crumble does this mean that they've been left in the sun without enough rain or probably not Panaelous(Copelandia) cyanescens at all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Panaelous(Copelandia) cyanescens hunting (specific conditions) [Re: ZeroFusion]
    #11367319 - 11/02/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There are hundreds of dung loving mushroom species. Of course they are not automatically Panaeolus cyanescens just because they are growing on dung. :shrug:
From your description what you found are most likely some sort of Parasola or a similar small coprinoid mushroom.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck