Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Easy edibles?
    #11364811 - 11/01/09 09:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

What are some recommended easy edibles to grow indoors, a la cubes? I've read a lot about cube growth, but I'd prefer not to get in any trouble and would like to try my hand at growing some edibles and selling them at a local farmer's market. I'm looking for a good indoor grow that I could make a few bucks off of to at least make the hobby tenable for a poor student. I would be most interested in any species that are pretty tolerant to room temps, as I'd be growing them inside, like in trays in a monotub-style terrarium (with perlite for humidity). Coir would be a desirable substrate, just because the coir (along with the other things, except the terrarium which I can build easily) is something I have laying around my apartment.

Thanks!

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsilocelium
illegitimately literal Latin
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ----_---_--_
Re: Easy edibles? [Re: kydelic]
    #11365550 - 11/01/09 11:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I would say Oysters are quite easy to grow... outdoors that is. Inside you would have to have a bit of an elaborate setup and I assume your budget is pretty tight.

I heard someone say recently though that oysters(pink) can be done Mono-tub style. Leave the Polyfill in for colonization, and just pull it out to induce fruiting air exchange(which they need MASSIVE amounts of). Only other thing you would need is a good lighting setup.

From what I gather, Pinhead initiation is most responsive exposed to 2,000 lux/hour for 12 hours a day. Grow-lux type flourecent lighting is recommended. Otherwise diffuse natural light is sufficient but might not be the best unless you can get em in a bright room or outside.

That light recommendation goes on through the entire maturation process.

Otherwise, I cant really say from firsthand experience. Oysters are all the Gourmet ground I have covered. I think you could do Monotubs of Portabello and Button mushrooms with no problem. That is my next undertaking in the edible world.

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_
Visit Us at The Earth Garden!

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Easy edibles? [Re: Psilocelium]
    #11366913 - 11/02/09 04:12 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

oysters, they will grow on just any substrate and are simple to grow.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Easy edibles? [Re: solumvita]
    #11368751 - 11/02/09 02:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Oysters!...yes Kydelic that's correct!...do not ever become disabled  and somehow fall into a vigorous Pleurotus Ostreatus bulk grow...human you may never be found :smile: welcome, Imorph

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms