Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: When to fruit this monotub? pictures [Re: carbonsteel]
    #11457112 - 11/14/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Everything you are doing is good. Manual misting and fanning will help you get a nice flush. Evaporation of moisture is the key here, but you don't want it drying out. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

Re: When to fruit this monotub? pictures [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11457819 - 11/15/09 01:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks dancefloordale, i will for sure keep fanning and misting to help it flush better. But if i decide to 1 day leave my monotubs alone.

I have a ventilator fan running in a small tiled toilet. Very clean, only used for growing purposes. With the holes i have included in the monotubs covered with micropore tape, say i leave the monotubs with 'field capacity' moisture, can i leave it from there on, without any maintaince what so ever? The ventilator fan will be switched on a couple times per day for about 30 mins to keep the air in the grow room fresh.

Will the shrooms still fruit? Will there be enough moisture? or fresh air?  Thanks again all.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11457837 - 11/15/09 02:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, it should be fine on its own. However, it will perform better if you do fan and mist.

Slack off on the misting after pins begin to form, otherwise you may end up with aborts if you don't fan well enough afterward.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11457999 - 11/15/09 03:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice to hear that shrooms will still fruit even if i leave it alone. But again, i will definately fae, mist and those usual stuff i do. Thanks again dancefloordale

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11465144 - 11/16/09 04:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys, just for an update i will be posting another picture for the monotub in a couple of hours.

Was hoping to get more feedback for this new tub im on. Again, this is only my 2nd tub. My first tub has not even fruited yet, but pretty sure the first tub will be coming on in a few days. Im seeing some knots, should be soon ^^

The 2nd tub, spawned to pure coir excatly 7 days ago with fully colonized corn. I will be using WBS on the next tub. I wanted to check out corn, cakes and WBS to determine which spawn material will be better.

I would say it has 30% more to colonize, another 3 to 4 days maybe? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11472433 - 11/17/09 07:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice, should have tried monotub like a long time ago. So much neater especially without perlite and sticky BRF. WBS and coir seems to be enough for it to fruit. Was told that adding ground coffe, gysum works out good also.

Not sure if its going to work out nicely for me on the first tub. But finally i saw the firsts pins!!!

Thks

Unfortunately there are not many around at the moment, crossing my fingers that more will pop up tomorrow ^^ I have been misting once daily, and manual FAE twice daily. I also finally included holes taped with mircopore tapes with ventilator fan running for 30mins per session few times daily.

Anymore things i can do to increase yield?

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11472459 - 11/17/09 08:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There are knots all over that tub. MS flushes can be very spread out.

You should have a decent number of pins pop up in the next couple days.

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11472607 - 11/17/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wats up dancefloordale, thanks for your encouraging advices.

Sure hope that more pins will be popping up, but even if they don't, at least im convinced that i can get a monotub to fruit with coir & BRF/WBS/corn spawn. Guess i will be putting away perlite & BRF for awhile.
Unfortunately i do still have some BRF left, cant keep it for too long it will go sour, its a pity to throw it away. I remember reading somewhere that BRF has high contamination rate, but should i add some in my coco coir on my next monotub? If the risks are worth it, how much should i add?

While trying to master monotubs, the next thing i will be learning will be using the mycelium on agar from the petri dish thingy tek. I noticed that quite a number of members mentioned that the transfered agar thingy (clone?)are prefered over multi spores inoculation, at least till the 3rd of 4th generation (not sure why yet, but will be finding out)

One more thing dancefloordale, i really think that Hydra tek is crazy, and would not even have read it had it not come from you. Does it really work? I'm willing to try it on one, maybe two pins that you helped me brought up.

You didn't describe the procedure to doing Hydra tek, except that i know it has something to do with cutting off the pins head. I understand the importance of being sterile, but when should i start the beheading, how much should i cut, how long before the pin recovers, should i water still after cutting for fear of water droplets on the "wound" on the shrooms? Should i decrease humidity?

I saw alot of sarcasm on the replies, please be assured this is not one of them. Instead of wasting time typing sarcasm I would usually move on to another page when i see something crazy or do not agree with.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11472741 - 11/17/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You are def. going to see more pins. Also, I would mist twice a day as opposed to one. And always fan AFTER misting. I'm sure you know that but there are those that don't do this.

I used some 3 yr old brf for the first cakes I did, everything turned out fine (all my supplies came from a previous roommate and fellow shroomerite). I still fucking hate cakes.

It couldn't hurt to add it to your bulk sub (I wouldn't think but I may be wrong).

A Coir/verm/gypsum substrate will probably be the most contaminant resistant combination.

Clones and Isolates allow for much more consistent and predictable flushes. It is important to keep in mind though that not all isolates are going to be potent. Thats why if you get into agar work ( I still haven't) you need to test al of your isolates before going crazy with them to make sure they have the desired characteristics/potency you want.

Now, as for the Hydra tek... its total BS. There was some asshole who made an account asking about trimming pins and so I responded with this. I think there might be a link to the original thread in they Hydra tek link.

Sorry for the confusion, it was written to sound legitimate. I was going to put a disclaimer in there (so this wouldn't happen to curious individuals) but RR locked it.

It's there for the :lol:'s

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11472786 - 11/17/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:

Now, as for the Hydra tek... its total BS. There was some asshole who made an account asking about trimming pins and so I responded with this. I think there might be a link to the original thread in they Hydra tek link.

Sorry for the confusion, it was written to sound legitimate. I was going to put a disclaimer in there (so this wouldn't happen to curious individuals) but RR locked it.

It's there for the :lol:'s

thats just fuckin classic:lmafo:

and carbon i know its going to be hard but you got to stop
opening that tub just let it sit there
and that first tub looks GREAT:thumbup:
keep up the good work

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11476677 - 11/18/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone, my apologies to members who are generous with advices but felt that my replies are slow. Im from a totally different time zone, but i will try to reply as soon as i possibily can to show my appreciation towards these advices.

Nice dancefloordale, i definately saw more pins, i will take some pictures again in couple hours to update. Unfortunately, the pins are still far less than what i tend to come across in shroomery, just hope more comes soon. Also, other than a couple of decent size pins (nothing close to big, but decent on my standards) most of the pins seemed kinda small.. like really small.

What do you think? substrate content (pure coco-coir)? because i fruited with BRF cakes? didnt have enuf holes for my FAE? the strain is definately good, as i had some good size fruits from this particular strain.

Again, i will post more pics up to update on the progress and hopefully get more feedback. Thanks again dancefloordale.

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

Re: When to fruit this monotub? pictures [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11476698 - 11/18/09 03:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thks shroomie ( i prefer this tittle to noobie LOL) This is my first tub ever!!! Hopping to achieve better yields than casing cakes, and keep things neater with monotubs.

I'm damn impatient, but its not that difficult to let the monotub just sit there. I just didnt want the substrate to be too dry or be screwed with stale air.

Till now, i cannot really tell visually if the casing is at "field capacity" Any visual telltale signs anyone can maybe teach me? I do most of the times see many very tiny water droplets on the casings, but i also know that it doesnt meant that the casing/substrate is well hydrated. The water droplets seem to always be there.

I have a second tub coming up pretty soon, will try not to open up the tub all the way till harvest (hopefully) But what about casing? I usually case with dry straws (long story) and incubate it for 3 to 4 days before i leave it in fruiting conditions.

Unless i leave out casings, i have to open the tub before harvest at some point. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again ^^

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11476861 - 11/18/09 06:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I finally took a shower and was able to get some photos after feeling cleaner LOL..

Again, the quantity of the pins looks pityful, my only hope is that much more pins will develope. The size, even though small was not as bad as i thought it was. FAE maybe? not enough holes??
I have 4 holes about 1/8" diameter on each lenght of the tub. Another 3 holes, measuring also 1/8" in diameter on the width of the tub. Alot of small holes poke thru sarin wrap covering the tub. All holes are taped with micropore tapes.

Tub is placed in a ventilated room with only 1 ventilator fan running few times for a period of about 30mins per session.

Suggestions?

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
    #11476885 - 11/18/09 06:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think you need lots more FAE.

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: When to fruit this monotub? pictures [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #11476892 - 11/18/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Check this out thoroughly. notice the size of the holes.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6194331#6194331

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11477024 - 11/18/09 07:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I place 4, 1 1/2" - 2" holes along the long sides of the tub. Two at substrate lvl, two at the top. Two holes on each of the short sides, one at substrate lvl, one up top.

I agree, more FAE. It doesn't looked dried out to me. I fan 4-5 times a day, water twice. Once pins begin to appear I quit misting the top of the sub (unless it dries out significantly) and shoot water between the sides of the tub and trash bag with a syringe (don't overdo it).

Lighting. You want direct light overhead on the substrate pretty close to the light. Very important, IMO in achieving great pinsets in conjunction with proper misting and fanning.

Casing is entirely optional. Done right, uncased tubs perform just as well as cased.

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11477050 - 11/18/09 07:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thks dancefloordale, i will have to include alot alot alot more 1/8" holes for more FAE for the next tub.
For this ongoing tub, i will just have to manual FAE. Just hope i have better pinset on the 2nd flush.

Thanks for the link gngsteroflove ^^ its gonna help alot.

Offlinecarbonsteel
Farmer Nub
 User Gallery

#11483708 - 11/19/09 04:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Harvested about 70% of the fruits, will do so for the rest in abit. I have already included tons of holes in my next tub, small no doubt, but they make up in numbers. Hopefully, it will fare better in terms of yield.

Couple of questions, i read many version of performance with and without casing. Will there be much difference if i leave out casing on the next tub? Thks.

OfflinePoseidon
My FAE is bigger than your FAE

#11483730 - 11/19/09 05:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gngsteroflove said:

That's right, FAE the fucking shit out of it, that will solve everything.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
HELLO, NUBCAKES.  ARE YOU HAVING CONTAMINATION ISSUES?  WELL, YOU MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THE MAGICAL FORCE OF BACTERIAL ENDOSPORES.  E-N-D-O-S-P-O-R-E-S.  SPELL IT OUT, YOU GOD DAMN NUBLETS, BECAUSE IT WHAT CAUSES EVERY CONTAMINATION KNOWN TO MAN.  ENDOSPORES HAPPEN WHEN YOU DO NOT PRESSURE COOK AT 15 PSI FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS.  LIKE A FUCKING VIETCONG IN HIS CAVE, THESE RELENTLESS COCKSUCKSERS CAN GET FUCKING FRIED AND STILL POP OUT OF YOUR GRAIN AND FUCK ALL YOUR SHIT RIGHT UP!!  GETTING CONTAMINATIONS?  WELL OBVIOUSLY, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENDOSPORES!!

Offlinespastick
Stranger
Re: When to fruit this monotub? pictures [Re: Poseidon]
    #11483749 - 11/19/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Poseidon said:
Quote:

gngsteroflove said:

That's right, FAE the fucking shit out of it, that will solve everything.  :rolleyes:

Lol I've noticed that people here are quick to blame FAE for everything, I'm more inclined to think that the substrate was too dry and/or not enough nutes hence the mycelium climbing up the walls of the tub.

Edited by spastick (11/19/09 05:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures