Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDiablo Blanco
White Devil
Male

Loc: Center of the Earth
Jar of bird seed.
    #11361499 - 11/01/09 10:45 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The story: I was curious as to what stage of growth psilocybin is actually produced during the cultivation process, so last night (Halloween) I answered the question for myself. Well, sort of. The true answer might well be that the magic is there even earlier than this.

I found a jar of freshly colonized bird seed in a ditch somewhere. There were no knots or other growth present, only mycelium. Like I said, freshly colonized. It looked like it had just finished a few days earlier. Some of the mycelium on the bottom was still a bit whispy.

Preparation: Water was brought to a slight boil before being removed from the heat. One table spoon of vitamin c was stirred into the water until dissolved. The bird seed cake was then crumbled into this simple solution and stirred occasionally for a half hour. After this time, the slurry was strained through a bandana to remove all solids. The off-white liquid was then transferred to a plastic bottle and put into the fridge to cool.

Consumption: The entire contents of the bottle, slightly less than 20 ounces of liquid, was drunk all at once. This took only a few big gulps. Pretty painless. The flavor was not unpleasant, like grains and mushrooms. No big surprise there.

Waiting: The first effects were felt within 20 minutes. A nice stoned feeling, which intensified rather quickly. I walked over to my neighbor's house to smoke a bowl and to give his kids some Halloween candy. I didn't want them knocking on my door later. :P

Blast off: After a few tokes I was starting to peak. I had to leave in a hurry because he was watching old episodes of WWF wrestling and I couldn't take it. I guess you could say I am not a fan of wrestling. Actually, I think it sucks, but that's another story.

Peaking: I came home full of energy and laughter. The old lady and I decided to take a trip to Blockbuster to rent some old horror flicks. She drove, of course. By this point it was extremely difficult to focus on anything. The body high and energy were superb. The visuals and auditory distortions were that of any moderately strong trip. Flashes of light, melting scenery, grass growing, and two-dimensional (cartoon-like) vision. We were listening to Faith No More and it sounded like Mike Patton had a female backup on all of his vocals. I could not stop laughing.

Movie Rental: This part was so confusing! It had to have taken an hour or more, but I was laughing my ass off right there in Blockbuster. My eyes were so red and glossy, everyone who saw me had to have known I was fucked up on something. I didn't care, though. When you're a man with long hair and piercings in your face, the average person always looks at you a little funny. You could be totally straight-edge. It wouldn't matter.

Relaxation: After the Blockbuster experience, much of which I have omitted from this report, we arrived home and watched Carrie. This movie was freaking me out. It's full of bad acting and cheesy people, but the mood of the flick is so dark, I felt slightly on edge throughout the duration. The mother was the stand out character to me. What a psycho bitch. Oh, and that creepy Jesus statue. What. The. Fuck!? Ewwww! And Carrie! What an ugly bitch! I mean, at least until she goes to prom. By that point she stopped looking like a monkey.

The ride down: We watched Sin City and I smoked some pot. My girlfriend doesn't do any drugs. She's a badass chick anyway. :smile: The trip had almost completely dropped off by the time the movie introduces Micky Rourke's character. What a badass. I was still the the right state of mind to enjoy the film a whole lot. It used to be a favorite of mine whenever I took acid. I fell asleep after the movie ended.

Conclusion: Although it is quite the waste, a good trip can be had off one colonized jar of grain. For the impatient, this is good news. When you consider the cost of spores to the cost of commercial shrooms, maybe it's not a waste at all. There is a lot of conflicting information out there in regards to when psilocybin is produced in dose worthy quantity. Maybe this will help to answer a question or two for those who are curious.

The mycelium used was probably psilocybe cubensis (Chitwan), though I seriously doubt if the strain used makes a bit of difference. My guess is, this would work with any fully colonized cake of any psilocybin containing fungus. Oh yes, and your project may be illegal, and active compounds detectable, far earlier than some reports lead you to believe.

Enjoy yourselves, and stay free!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiablo Blanco
White Devil
Male

Re: Jar of bird seed. [Re: Diablo Blanco]
    #11361511 - 11/01/09 10:51 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, I am 5'11, 175 pounds and have been on the planet for around 30 years. I have been been tripping on things for over 12 years. This is somewhat important, I suppose.

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11361517 - 11/01/09 10:54 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

wish i found a jar of colonized wbs in the ditch... :grin:

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Jar of bird seed. [Re: churl]
    #11361576 - 11/01/09 11:20 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I thought that was common knowledge..... myc. contains actives. :shrug:

Either way, thanks for the write-up, I am sure it will help out a lot of impatient people out. :grin:

OfflineMorgenstern
DON'T MIX
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Jar of bird seed. [Re: Shad0w]
    #11361705 - 11/01/09 11:49 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, can somebody say placebo?

--------------------
We're a second in time,
We're the last in the line,
Of the prey that walks the earth

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
    #11361959 - 11/01/09 01:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

you made tea out of a random cake you found in a ditch somewhere?

--------------------
www.Growery.org

InvisibleDiablo Blanco
White Devil
Male

Re: Jar of bird seed. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #11362650 - 11/01/09 03:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Doesn't the ditch thing seem about as likely as a fungus being grown by a cat? Is it really that cryptic?

Oh, and I can say placebo. I just choose to use the word to describe something totally inert. That is why, my friend, first hand experience will always beat spoken word, written word, and especially lore or speculation. I too had doubt in the beginning, but the result layed doubt to rest.

Finally, it IS common knowledge among those interested that mycelium contains the goods, but I didn't use 3-5 spent cakes. I used one that was not even ready to fruit. The trip felt like a solid 2 gram dose. I know this for the same reason some of you know this. Because after 8 years of cultivating and using mushrooms, one becomes well aquainted with the moderate dose.

The answer to why this does not work for everyone all the time can be found in another question. And that is, why are there reports of completely impotent cubensis on this very site? No one can be sure, but preparation and method could be called into question.

I understand that you don't know my name, so you feel inclined to disagree, but that makes me no less wrong than you are right. You aren't right at all. Figure it out.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11363428 - 11/01/09 05:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diablo Blanco said:
Doesn't the ditch thing seem about as likely as a fungus being grown by a cat? Is it really that cryptic?

We are a very naive lot.

Seriously though........ If I found a colonized jar in a ditch..... I would probably grow it outfor the ID,  just to be on the safe side.

Nice reply anywayz. :thumbup:

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience