Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

An atheist found God (or something) on DMT
    #11361228 - 11/01/09 08:57 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I took 200mg of pure harmala alkaloids and 125mg of DMT orally.  What an intense experience!  Right at the beginning of the trip my living room became a cosmic carnival.  I have a peacock feather that became the point of origin for the trip.  After a while I understood what it was like for peacocks to become mesmerized by those fucking eyes.  The DMT was talking to me, "DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IT!"  Yes, I got it.  I think I understand why peacocks are drawn to those displays.

Anyway the most serious part of the trip I can't really explain.  I am an atheist.  There was moment in the trip that I can only describe as a religious experience.  Everything in my life was leading up to this moment and it was real, it was powerful, and it was divine.  It happened in the shower and was beautiful.  Not Jesus Christ, virgin birth and all that shit, but a real moment of universal clarity.  I was shown. 

I think I know what these religious loons are talking about when they say they had a religious experience that they can't explain.

I know that I can rationalize it, tear it apart, subject it to analytical reason, but it was a true experience.

The trip lasted about five hours.  Man, DMT is awesome shit.  What's interesting about it is that when you think, you can explore that thought in a deep and penetrating way. It's like each thought is a river and you can ride each river as long as you like and then hop into a another river.

I'll have to do this again next week!

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebatheinthefountain
ॐ ॐ ॐ
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: An atheist found God (or something) on DMT [Re: joemolloy]
    #11361233 - 11/01/09 09:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for sharing
i enjoyed reading it :thumbup:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: An atheist found God (or something) on DMT [Re: batheinthefountain]
    #11361334 - 11/01/09 09:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think that might be why believers and intellectual types can't agree and why there are religious people and atheist people: because modern cultures give more and more importance to the intellectual mind and not enough on the " instinctive mind ".

People who are born and raised in a religious and thus " instinctive " context, cannot fully grasp the intellectual psychology and vice versa.

Both are important but sticking to one makes one sick. One has to be able to cross over from one to the other and what can be found in the abstract, instinctual, part of the mind cannot be expressed in a satisfactory way using the symbols intrinsic to the intellectual mind.

It's like two completely distinct worlds exists within ourselves. Two worlds that we are not told how to bring together to achieve psychological equilibrium.

And so we choose sides: atheist or religious, right and wrong.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11361420 - 11/01/09 10:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I don't believe it's logical to be an atheist or a religious zealot.  I mean our world and our whole universe is so amazing, that I believe there's a distinct possibility of a greater being.  But without proof, why would you make up your mind?  Why would you become an atheist if you didn't have absolute proof that this is all an accident?  On the other hand, how could a zealot logically proclaim his religion as truth?

In my opinion, being an atheist is illogical. You don't have proof either way.

Of course it's just as illogical to say that Christianity is truth and Islam isn't. 

Keep an open mind, and be a good person, just in case. :laugh:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: An atheist found God (or something) on DMT [Re: BothHands]
    #11361442 - 11/01/09 10:27 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
I don't believe it's logical to be an atheist or a religious zealot.  I mean our world and our whole universe is so amazing, that I believe there's a distinct possibility of a greater being.  But without proof, why would you make up your mind?  Why would you become an atheist if you didn't have absolute proof that this is all an accident?  On the other hand, how could a zealot logically proclaim his religion as truth?

In my opinion, being an atheist is illogical. You don't have proof either way.

Of course it's just as illogical to say that Christianity is truth and Islam isn't. 

Keep an open mind, and be a good person, just in case. :laugh:

It's all about seeing and getting in touch with what is beyond the boundaries of mind. Those who are content believing that any kind of category is the end of it fail to expand and those who believe what's out of the bounds without making an effort in making contact with it fail as well.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
    #11361492 - 11/01/09 10:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How absolutely wonderful for you!  That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for in my DMT explorations.

My wife is headed out of town in a week, and I think I will attempt to replicate your experience.

Best,

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinechurl
sixonesix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An atheist found God (or something) on DMT [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11361503 - 11/01/09 10:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

psychedelics release the beauty of our universe to me while being an athiest, i think its another way to view the world, to others it a spiritual thing, maybe it is, but its all open to interpretation

--------------------
“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”  -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Trade List

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#11361673 - 11/01/09 11:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
How absolutely wonderful for you!  That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for in my DMT explorations.

My wife is headed out of town in a week, and I think I will attempt to replicate your experience.

Best,

N.B.

Cool.  I think your tek has brought many people to that place.  Good luck.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
    #11362007 - 11/01/09 01:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

Cool.  I think your tek has brought many people to that place.  Good luck.

Just to be clear, it is not my tek.  I simply repeated what I'd read somewhere else on the net (probably the nexus) and added pictures.  Credit must go to some other anonymous individual.

I know what you meant, though, and I thank you for the kind thought and words.

Again, congratulations on that wonderful transcendent experience.  I very much envy you.

Best to all,

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

#11362040 - 11/01/09 01:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, but most people would be lost without your guidance, knowledge and open mind.

You are a true benefit to the community.:awesome:

I thank you for the wealth of knowledge you have brought to this forum.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Edited by Vibes (11/01/09 01:16 PM)

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #11365301 - 11/01/09 10:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

wow!  thanks for sharing.  i aspire to try DMT at some point in the future but i am not ready yet.  i have had a similar experience once while meditating though.  :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience