Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejamesey
Keen on all Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: essex Flag
South Of Watford Only. Info on picking and regions that are producing!!
    #11361156 - 11/01/09 08:23 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Here it is, all the of the information that i have research over the past six years for finding Libs in the south of England...

The idea of this post is to help the hunters of the South get in touch with each other and to help pass on their knowledge to others!

For ease of reading this post will be splint into three sections. Hunting, Identifying and Dosage.

Hunting

Now unless we are complete newbies to Libs then we all know where to look. Namely grass fields with shortish (shortish meaning below about 100mm) grass. The most luck people seem to have in the UK is finding in Sheep's fields, I don't why this is but from all my research this is the case!!

Grazed fields my be the light and glory but in by no means does the limit Libs to them. You get small hauls from any grass fields that have been left relatively untouched (playing pitches, grass moorland.....) The best place to look in a field is up close to a hedge on the south end of the field as they are pretty much shaded all day (so stay colder and wetter) If you have a field with patches of gras try around the edges of the patches the real keys to finding the elusive mushrooms is Time!! I don't feel any more needs to be said about habitat as the libs grow in the dieing grass roots Grass = Libs. Saying this, we must go hunting in the right weather conditions!!

The Season starts around late Oct to mid Nov in the south (Although a lot of people mystify the start of the season by saying it cannot be predicted). The kind of weather pattern to look for will be... It has been cold (120C) during the day for about a week. It rains heavily for a whole half day or all night or two days or a week, you get the idea, It has to be WET and COLD! "If you go hunting in late Oct because it has been raining for three weeks but the temperature throughout the days and nights has been fairly mild, although you will find lots of mushrooms, you will be unlikely to find Libs" Wait for it to be COLD and wet!!

A few tips and tricks i have picked up for hunting are...
1. Hunt in shady patches the suns glare make Libs hard to spot.
2. Go hunting 3 Days after heavy rain.
3. Be prepared to take your time and try a few locations.
4. Wrap up warm as you need to be out when it's cold.

Identifying
The most important part of identification is "A lib is a Lib" If you study pictures and have a look at the colour, the nipple on top, the dark almost blue gills, the white stem, the thin membrane that covers the head. Get a feel for the look and you wont mistake them!!! I have been tempted to pick every mushroom i see before when in my heart i knew they weren't the right ones and you will too. DON'T!!! "A Lib is a Lib"
You will know when the time comes that you have them. What more can i say LOOK AT THE PICTURES and DON'T PICK THE ONES YOU FEEL IN YOUR HEAD ARE NOT. You'll only bring them home and throw them away. (Trust me you will know) There is nothing more to say!!!!

Dosage
Seeing as you first does is always wet, because, like me you can't wait to drop a few of the little buggers! Then I always go on the initial dose of 25 Libs "Wet or dry it's as easy as pie"

The idea of this post from now then is for the people of South England to post pictures of their finds and pictures where their Libs are from in the field. Before you post any thing think what the weather has been like and don't forget to tell us exactly where you are from!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting All :smile:

--------------------
The question is not of science but...
Did GOD create man or did MAN create god?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: South Of Watford Only. Info on picking and regions that are producing!! [Re: jamesey]
    #11361174 - 11/01/09 08:32 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Nice post.... I am from East London Essex area..... and am definitely not saying any more than that. That's all you need to know :grin:

Did my research prior to the mushie season and decided the other day was the day I was going to go and have a hunt. I have a total of 3 fields that are producing and so far have about 200 this year and Ive only been out once and it wasn't for too long :thumbup:

No pics of the fields as I don't usually take my camera with me but here's them drying nicely:

Ohh and btw im pretty sure its against forum rules to find hunting buddies and post exact locations in this section

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: South Of Watford Only. Info on picking and regions that are producing!! [Re: dicky21]
    #11361187 - 11/01/09 08:40 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

This is from the forum rules thread:

7. No requesting or revealing specific locations.
Locations NOT allowed: Business names, government buildings, shopping centers, pasturelands, when specific directions are given to a location, or any place with an address. Use common sense about what might be considered a specific location. When in doubt, do the moderators a favor and just don't say it.

8. No asking for hunting partners.
The Hunting Forum is for learning, sharing, teaching and identification purposes. If you would like to request a hunting buddy, make a topic about it in the Gathering Forum. You will gain access to the Gathering Forum after being a member for more than 60 days and when you have reached more than 100 posts.

--------------------

Offlinejamesey
Keen on all Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: South Of Watford Only. Info on picking and regions that are producing!! [Re: dicky21]
    #11361199 - 11/01/09 08:47 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks for the post!!!!!

Oh sorry I didn't mean exact locations any ways just, for example, the region or even county/city as this will probably help other that view any post.
And as for hunting buddies I meant more people with the same conviction near to your own area, with the same weather conditions and maybe a little more knowledge of whats going on!!

Thanks for the post once again!!!!!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: South Of Watford Only. Info on picking and regions that are producing!! [Re: jamesey]
    #11361202 - 11/01/09 08:48 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

no problem :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinejamesey
Keen on all Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#11361211 - 11/01/09 08:53 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks dude!!!

--------------------

Offlinejamesey
Keen on all Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#11361940 - 11/01/09 12:56 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Everyone seems to have stopped replying. Don't let the last few replies put you off! Once this thread gets off the ground it will be a very useful tool for us sotherners. So get typing!!

Thanks all :smile:

--------------------

Offlinejamesey
Keen on all Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#11361966 - 11/01/09 01:02 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Today has been a good days of rain for Essex. By my reconing this Tuesday (3rd Nov) will be a great days picking.

Let me know how you all got on!!!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11361993 - 11/01/09 01:06 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

That is my next planed day anyway..... im at work mon wed and fri so dont have too many options

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification